Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Pros who play with heavier blades.

I know that Kovalev and Kariya used to play with heavier blades than standard, anyone knows of any other pros who make companies put more weight into their blades even if it's a one-piece??

Ryan Smyth. 2 piece with a wood blade. Shaft is heavier than normal too.

He switched to composite. Still, I wonder what the specs on his blades are from Warrior.

Not sure of any guys who use a one piece with a heavier blade, but I second the Smyth story. Guys on the Oilers wouldn't even take his stick if they broke theirs while on the ice.

I know Crosby was one of the last holdouts from using wood sticks. Reebok slowly transitioned him into using a composite shaft and finally a true OPS so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a heavier blade.

Crosby came into the league already using a composite shaft - he was in the Sher-Wood Momentum Comp. He then switched to a Reebok shaft and kept the SW blades, then to what he's in now.

He switched to composite. Still, I wonder what the specs on his blades are from Warrior.

Saw Smyth play against the Hawks on Monday, looked like wood to me.

Smyth has messed around with ops' this year and last, but it always seems like he goes back to the wood blade. Jason Spezza was another that used wood blades and went to an ops in recent years.

When he was with sherwood mom shaft days Ive seen it as stiff as 120 flex as well as cut short. Is Crosby still using ultra stiff shaft flex?

Yeah. I bought one at the pens equipment sale last year. I couldn't even flex it.

Yeah. I bought one at the pens equipment sale last year. I couldn't even flex it.

Pretty gay request but any chance you can measure the length of the stick from heel to the end of the shaft. I would love to know exactly how long his stick is

When he was with sherwood mom shaft days Ive seen it as stiff as 120 flex as well as cut short. Is Crosby still using ultra stiff shaft flex?

According to this 11k namebar pic one of his variations is 100 flex but he does use a short stick so I could only imagine.

$T2eC16h,!)8E9s4l90J7BRNLy!0GKQ~~60_57.J