Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

Reebok 20K vs. 11K: Fit Differences?

My 11K's are nearing the end of the road, and considering going to the 20K's. Will the 20K fit close to my 11K's? Will the sizing change? I'm currently in a 6.5D. Any experience/insight is appreciated.

Pretty much the same fit as the 11k. I heard about this from a reebok 20k video review by Players bench. They said that reebok walked into an NHL dressing room and gave a guy who was wearing the 11k skates and had him try on the 20ks and it fit the exact same.

They may feel the same to that particular player, but technically, they have changed the fit slightly from the 11K. The 20K features a narrower AA heel whereas the 11K had a A heel. Moving the Pump back on the 20K should offer more downward pressure (which in theory should translate to more heel lock) on the heel. The 20K also offers a thicker foam quarter iirc than the 11K.

That doesn't mean that if you fit well in the 11K, you might not fit as well in the 20K, it simply offers the possibility that it could feel different for different people. I'm confident that if you fit into Reebok previously, there's a good chance you will do so once more in the 20K line and vice versa.

I had the 11k's and went to try on the 20k's and found them to wide in the forefoot and i tried on the same size as my 11k's and thought even after baking they would be still too wide. I liked the ankle fitment better in the 20k's but wanted a closer overall fit so i went with the CCM CL and these skates sure molded well

Can anyone confirm that the 20K's are wider in the mid or forefoot? In the store, they appear to be a little narrower. I can't try on my size because no store in my area has it. The narrower heel would definitely be welcome. I find a little bit too much movement in the heel in my 11K's.

They should be the same. Any slight nuances could be personal and be altered with a bake. If anything the 20Ks have slightly thinner sidewalls than the 18Ks, and in terms of overall 'feel' one might or might not notice any differences.

I don't know if you were asking me, but from what I remember, there was no noticeable difference. The different materials though, could change how it feels over time, but you'd have to ask someone else about that.

I just got my 20K's yesterday and first thing I noticed was that the ankle padding and heel cup are much narrower in the 20K than my 11K AA heel. The boot fits similar but I find it's much more snug (I prefer that). I feel like I'm getting better heel lock in the 20K's and that I don't really need to use the pump as much. The quarter foam does feel thicker than my 11's and the tongue is noticeably thicker. Overall stiffness-wise, I won't be able to gauge until I go for my first skate.

I have both and I feel that overall the 20k is a little stiffer. The tongue is thicker and I prefer the lace lock feature on them over the 11k which for whatever reason, didn't work well for me. Overall, the boot is a little narrower in the heel but the toe feels similar to me.