Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yianni54

Contoured vs form fitted glove

I'm currently wearing warrior franchises. I'm looking to get into more of a form fitted/contoured glove. Thinking about getting a pair of Warrior Projekts. How does this glove fit? How does it compare to say the Supreme or APX line? Thanks

I know this isn't exactly answering your question on comparison but I would consider the Warrior Luxe's as well. I went from 3 previous pairs of Eagle's (similar in fit to Franchise) to the Vapor XX's and found them restrictive in the cuff area and could never get used to them. Got some Luxe's and love them. I think they provide a perfect blend between contoured and still having a little wiggle room in the cuff area that you might be used to.

The Projekts are the polar opposite of the Franchise. The Projekts are snug to your hand from the fingers to the cuff roll, which would be a pretty big adjustment. I'll echo casey and say you would have an easier time adjusting to a pair of Luxes or Surges, as they are a tapered fit (snug in the fingers and backhand, opens up at the cuff roll).

Projekts are very tight all around, including the cuff. I love a tight glove, and even I didn't like the projekt cuff. I would say they are tighter than the Supreme line, also.

I ended up moving to the Warrior Koncept. Basically the same glove, but with a different cuff. I'd say its similar to the Supreme in the hand, and the vapor in the cuff.

The Luxe would be more like the vapor and much closer to what you're already wearing (though nowhere near as loose as the franchise).

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks all! Yeah I just saw the Luxes and think I may go with a pair of those? Or should I wait for the Covert line? Does anyone know how the covert will fit? Thanks

I used a pair of MIA's (franchises) for about 4 years and bought a pair of one95's and couldn't make the adjustment a couple seasons back. Found them too tight and didn't like the feel and ended up going back to my MIA's.

I then switched to a pair of Luxe's last summer and never looked back. The gloves are narrower but they definitely have a lot of mobility around the cuff area which is nice.

I'd go with the luxe over the covert, both are very snug though. Are you wearing WIDE or NARROW franchises?