Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevenmeier

Dream Gear vs. Current Gear

I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's (?) CCM re-released the 652 Tacks. I wish they'd do something like that again. if we're talking about things that'll never happen, I'd love for Bauer to re-release the 1st or 2nd gen 5000 comps w/ the blue accents. Heck while I'm at it, let's throw some CCM 752 Kevlar Tacks in there as well (the first pair of skates that I HAD to have).

+1

The only thing I'd change about my current gear are my shoulder pads. I'd go with the Sherwood Classics if I could find them in my size. They are always sold out :angry:

Winnwell, Eagle and CCM also make similar pads, see if you can find those guys.

Bauer too.

Bauer Supreme Classic

upon a recent search I guess these are hadere to find than I thought.

Canadian Tire always has a supply of the CCM ones, but you have to be quick to scoop them up when they get them in. They are gone in an instant.

I don't normally buy any of my gear from Canadian Tire, but my CCM Vector shin pads are from there (bought them when I first got playing again) and have lasted me well for 3 full seasons of 3/4 ice times per week.

There are certain things you don't want to cheap out on though (skates, helmet, gloves, sticks etc.)

Dream gear?

I'd love some Yzerman Z-Air gloves and/or a Black/white version of them to use, not display.

Some light, low profile but protective shoulder pads in the $50 range. I haven't found ones that I like yet.

A magic stick that gives me a halfway decent shot, some stick handling ability and better vision on the ice. :tongue:

Current

Helmet-Bauer 4500

Shoulders-Bauer Vapor x20

Elbows-CCM fit 09

Gloves-CCM CLs

Pants-CCM U+12

Shins-Easton EQ50

Skates-CCM CLs

Stick-Mission Pulse Mccauley

Dream

Helmet-same

Shoulders-CCM U+pro

Elbows-CCM CLs

Gloves-custom CLs/ CCM U+pros?

Pants-CCM CLs

Shins-same

Skates-CCM RBZ?

Stick-Warrior Dolomite Lidstrom

Currently, I am putting together my gear, and trying to figure out what to purchase. It has been a few years since I stepped on the ice, and my former equipment apparently was not packed away right, and grew mold.

So far, this is what I got (non-checking league & inline, in a ridiculously hot and humid place, so lightness and moisture wicking is PREMIUM; also no LHS within 3000 miles)

Current:

Helmet: Re-AKT

Shoulder Pads: Easton Mako XL

Elbow Pads: CCM CL L

Gloves Bauer Vapor APX

Pants: CCM CL XL

Shins: Easton Mako 16"

Skates: CCM RBZ ? (I need to travel that 3000 miles to go to the pro shop, and this pair of skates looks most ideal)

Stick: Total One Tapered shaft 102 flex/ APX blade P88

Dream:

I am pretty much building my dream equipment set up. Ideally, I might rather have a nice pair of Jofa elbows, but people seem to be asking an arm and a leg for em, so the CLs will do. Since I am going non-checking, it all ought to work out. We will see how much the dream continues when I go to buy the rest of my equipment, and am looking at a $120 pair of shinnies (Total One NXG), a $250 helmet, $800 skates, and 3 $250 sticks. I think it is in the best interest of the Cosmos to get all top-of-the line stuff, as I suspect that a benevolent Extra Terrestrial group who come from an all ice planet (such as Enceladus) is monitoring my every move. I think that they awaiting the time that I have a full line of top-of-the line gear, so that they can beam me up, take me to their planet (with my consent, of course), and reverse engineer the best/preferred equipment of me, for distribution to all planets about to being playing 3rd dimensional physical reality ice hockey.

Currently, I am putting together my gear, and trying to figure out what to purchase. It has been a few years since I stepped on the ice, and my former equipment apparently was not packed away right, and grew mold.

So far, this is what I got (non-checking league & inline, in a ridiculously hot and humid place, so lightness and moisture wicking is PREMIUM)

Current:

Helmet: (Not yet purchased- will likely be Bauer Re-Akt or IMS 9.0)

Shoulder Pads: CCM CL XL

Elbow Pads: CCM CL L

Gloves (Not yet purchased- will likely be Bauer Vapor)

Pants: CCM U+12

Shins: (Not yet purchased- will likely be Bauer Nexus or Supreme)

Skates: (Not yet purchased- will likely be Bauer Vapor or Supreme)

Stick: (Not yet purchased- will likely grab a few mid range Bauers)

Dream:

I am pretty much building my dream equipment set up. Ideally, I might rather have a nice pair of Jofa elbows, but people seem to be asking an arm and a leg for em, so the CLs will do. Since I am going non-checking, it all ought to work out. We will see how much the dream continues when I go to buy the rest of my equipment, and am looking at a $120 pair of shinnies (Total One NXG), a $250 helmet, $800 skates, and 3 $250 sticks. I think it is in the best interest of the Cosmos to get all top-of-the line stuff, as I suspect that a benevolent Extra Terrestrial group who an all ice planet (such as Enceladus) is monitoring my every move. I think that they awaiting the time that I have a full line of top-of-the line gear, so that they can beam me up, take me to their planet (with my consent, of course), and reverse engineer the best/preferred equipment of me, for distribution to all planets about to being playing 3rd dimensional physical reality ice hockey.

Still think you should get a couple of shafts so that you can try a bunch of different blade patterns before you drop all the coin on expensive twigs... Unless you get beamed up before then. The CLs should be just fine. The guys that use the Re-Akts on one of the local senior teams like them a lot. They're very light, and seem like they'd be well-ventilated.

Thanks for the tip on those 9066 elbows. Just paid for 'em.

I don't have any 'dream gear' in mind since I'm a beer leaguer... What I look for in gear: Comfort, fit, protection and WEIGHT.

Current:

Helmet: Easton S19 with Bauer Re-Akt Titanium Cage (Lightest combo money can buy)

Shoulders: Bauer Vapor 6 (Old school and SUPER LIGHT, although shoulder caps are a bit bigger than I'd like)

Elbow: Easton S5 (Likely what I'll replace next since these have been thru a lot and smell like a barrel of dead shrimp)

Gloves: Nike Bauer One90 (Just can't part with these, still in great condition, thanks to Kane grip, no odor plus they're pretty damn light)

Stick: Bauer Total One NXG P14 67 flex (still trying to get used to P14, but the stick is very light)

Pants: Easton S19 (fits me great and pretty light and protective enough)

Shins: CCM Tacks 852 (rigged them so tight to wear like a sleeve... Slip on and off with no need for tape. Fairly light but can't ditch them due to perfect fit)

Skates: Bauer Vapor XXX (my fav skates of all time, on my 3rd pair. Mako some day?)

Socks: Nike Swift (White Czech for light or Navy USA for dark)

I tried to jump on the old school Jofa bandwagon but found them to be heavy and just not as comfortable as I had hoped for...

that's a nice one:

all the 90' late 90's equipment again! brown/gold easton ultra lite, koho wood blade, canadian hockey sticks, bauer supreme custom 4000 skates, sherwood sp-5060 gloves,...

I miss 90's gear, weight be damned.

Current:

Helmet: Easton E700 w/old itech wave style visor

Shoulder Pads: Sherwood 9950

Elbows: RBK 7K

Gloves: Warrior Bonafide

Pants: Tackla Advantage 900

Shins: old worn louisvilles

Skates: Easton EQ50's

Dream gear:

Helmet: Easton E700 w/ current set up

Shoulder pads: Old louisville SP XLT shoulder pads

Elbows: old Jofa's

Gloves: Louisville TPS Gold's from the mid 90's

Pants: Louisville TPS pros from the 90's

Shins: Louisville TPS Golds from the 90's

Skates: CCM Pro Tacks from 2001

Oh wait, my dream gear was all the stuff I had 10 years ago, minus the helmet.

I like my Vapor X3.0 skates, but I'd like to pick up some slightly higher end wheels in the Vapor line or maybe even try Supreme skates.

In terms of sticks, I'd love to try a T100, but I'll have to settle on splurging on a T90 instead. :tongue: My current (and prospective) sticks totally outplay me, but I really do love hockey sticks. To be fair, the most I've spent on a stick is $100.

As for protective, I'd like to get a white helmet (something nice than my 4k) to match my McGill gear. I'd also like to get some Supreme shoulder pads for a little more coverage than my tiny CCM shoulders.

I already have some "dream gear" though: my 11k PS stick and my TotalOne retail pants.

Does anyone check ebay for old gear? Every once in a while there will be some decent stuff that is surprisingly new.

I was able to grab 2004 (or maybe 05) Pro Tacks skates in my size for $150 a couple years ago.