Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevenmeier

Dream Gear vs. Current Gear

Oh man, off season, no chance to get on the ice after april anywhere around here. So being bored at the moment just collaged my current gear vs. my dream set-up.

Being a forward who like to help out the D I prefer gear that is light, mobile yet very protective (and durable).

Asthetics do have a huge influence as well (I prefer a clean, simple and functional look - like Jofa - over any of the current stuff).

I am also influenced by the time when I first started playing in the 90s (the classic Bauer Supreme Custom skate, Tackla pants, Easton gloves etc.).

There is further an absolute non-sensical longing for 7K Pro elbows knowing that a lot of the retail stuff (e.g. 20k, TotalOne) cost less, are lighter, more comfortable and protect equally well).

Current Set-up

MyGear_zps8cb10012.jpg

Dream Set-up

DreamGear_zps00091c42.jpg

The only "necessary" upgrade would be the re-akt facemask, the rest is absolutely adequate for my level of play, but dreams are dreams what can you do.

So what are the most important aspects for you guys regarding your gear?

Well for me it's all about comfort and good performance I'd say.

My setup is basically:

- Bauer X4.0 LE Skates

- Easton EQ Pro Shoulders, EQ30 Shins and Elbows

- CCM 4R II Gloves

- Bauer One55 Pants

- Bauer 4500 Helmet (with 5100 Cage)

- Easton 65S II stick

If I had money I'd upgrade Skates (even if I dont know how much I would be able to get out from an higher end skate) and pants (need more protection on the butt), eventually gloves (higher CCMs or Warrior gloves) and stick (Easton RS even if I'd like to try the Nexus) but it's not a need right now :)

last nite i was looking at some of the new higher end bauer protective stuff but i gotta wear out my pads a little more before i can justify buying new ones :p

Cool thread! At this point, my gear aspirations seem to outstrip my skill aspirations unfortunately lol.

- A high end standard shaft to take the 2 remaining Vanek blades I have; a TotalOne/NXG hopefully, will settle for an AK27

- Reasonably priced size small PS or size M retail red/black pant uppers

- some more sticks at my specs (PS or older retail)

- unique or PS gloves

- new skates (Mako? RBZ?)

Helmets: CCM v08, Warrior pro krown

Shoulders: CCM U+ Pro

Elbows: CCM U+ Pro

Shins: Reebok 8k

Pants:Harrow

Skates: 11k with tusk

Sticks:Pro stock Nystrom G3/totalone red graphics

Gloves: Easton synergy 800, CCM CHL black and yellow, Custom Luxes

I seriously love the gear I have now BUT the one thing I'd really want would be nexus 1000 wheels.

I kinda want warrior projekt shoulders and the new IMS 9 helmet. Don't need it at all but I like to window shop

For me I would like to upgrade my pants to something with better spine and tailbone protection. In terms of protection the new NXG shoulders look really interesting and I would love to get my hands on some prostock 7k elbows. Other than the elbows these seem like reasonable upgrades from my current gear

My dream gear is something made in North America. Oh well, I can dream. All the orient made stuff is exactly the same, regardless of manufacturer.

I wouldn't say I have dream gear. I love all of my equipment. I would upgrade my skates one70's to maybe some custom total ones if i could afford it and upgrade my sticks to total one nxg

For the level I currently play I have a decent amount of "dream gear".

I would like to upgrade on skates (current Bauer Vapor X:40), would love to try out the APX or Supreme TotalOne NXGs.

I have the Bauer 4 Roll Pros but wouldn't mind the Vapor APX Pro gloves.

Probably a lighter helmet from the Bauer 5100.

Mostly I'd just like to get things custom sized since I'm tall and very lanky.

What I currently have/use is more than adequate. Since we're dreaming, here's what I'd like to add to my collection.

I'd like to have a few RLXN10 shafts in regular flex (only have stiff RLXN10s and Reg R2XN10 and R9xn10s) and a few Miken Razor Z9 sticks. I've also wanted to try one of the top-end Warrior twigs with the Dagger Taper.

I have always wanted Pro Tacks skates with Tuuks (but happy with my 11ks and Graf g3 Ultras). I'd pop some Step Steel or their version of the DLC coated blades into them.

I'd like to check out the new Bauer helmet offerings and take whatever's most likely to prevent me from another concussions (my current M11 with 9500 cage has been great, but I've had it for a few years). I'd stick with my Bauer 4 Roll Pro gloves, I'd just get a new pair. I like them better than my Eagle PPFs because they're looser.

The only item that I need is a new pair of shins. I think RBK 5ks would be about right. I like lighter, less-bulky shins. My current Cooper Techniflex 700s (and the 600s or 650s before them, new old stock) had terrible durability, but felt great.

I'd love to find another, reasonably-priced pair (not gonna happen) of Jofa 9066 elbow pads. Mine are still functional, but I think I've used them for 10-15 years. Not sure when they came out.

I see no reason to change my One95 girdle and Tackla shell. Love 'em.

just needs upgrades at protective;

from tackla 951 - PS Chicago pants

7500 - 4500 w/ oakley visor

Bauer 4000 chest - U+ CL or NXG

Bauer 4000 elbow - PS elbow

Easton s7 shins - Nexus shins

no skates - some skates lol

Guess I'm living the dream

Current setup:

Nexus and NXG sticks

Pro X:60 Skates

Hawks CCM Pro 520 Pants

Jofa Shins

7K Pro Elbows

Bauer Pro 5400 Helmet

Franchise, X:60, and CL Pro gloves

i just want an endless batch of TO sticks is that so much to ask for. that + my x60 pro skates and i could wear rags for the rest of my setup

Can I upgrade my legs instead? Actually, I just want my 16 year old wheels back.

Guess I'm living the dream

Current setup:

Nexus and NXG sticks

Pro X:60 Skates

Hawks CCM Pro 520 Pants

Jofa Shins

7K Pro Elbows

Bauer Pro 5400 Helmet

Franchise, X:60, and CL Pro gloves

Beer league pro

I'm all about fit and durability. I have had rare occasions to upgrade my stuff. About half of my stuff is still the starter/cheap gear I got at Dick's Sporting Goods six/seven years ago. Ideally, if I could afford it:

A pair of gloves maybe a size larger with better palms. Right now I have a pair of bauer vapor - XXX's? with palms that could stop a bullet.

A pair of shin guards that actually fits. The ones I have are too narrow, sit weird on my legs, and leave most of my leg open to pucks/skates/sticks/bees/etc.

Elbows (easton synergy) could stand an upgrade, the velcro's getting a bit fail-y.

I can't think of any specific brands or models off the top of my head, I don't like to try stuff on unless I can actually afford it.

The only dream gear I would really want would be to upgrade my skates and maybe my stick. I am pretty happy with my gear I have now.

The biggest issue I have is finding gloves that fit my hands. Most 14" gloves have fingers that are painfully short and 15" gloves are usually too big in the palm area. My only dream is gear that fits me the way I want, not any brand name or model number.

The biggest issue I have is finding gloves that fit my hands. Most 14" gloves have fingers that are painfully short and 15" gloves are usually too big in the palm area. My only dream is gear that fits me the way I want, not any brand name or model number.

Exactly, fit and mobility, bought som ccm U+ fit 09 elbows and shoulders; elbows were restrictive as h*ll, so stuck with my starter vapor x30's.

No 1 : new skates, that fit! But all the sellers arent good fitters.

New bucket that fits narrower in the back than my 7500, so it doesnt twist and isnt as high, also changing to foam liner.

New gloves, mark 1 Warrior projekts is usable, would like less volume around fingers and hand, and mabye more open cuffs.

Any advise? CCM CS 400, warrior Covert, Easton stealth ?

Pants that fit better than supreme one60; shorter, narrower in waist, less volume in legs. more tailbone padding and lower spine protector.

Would CCM be that?

Custom warrior gloves and plead them to allow you to order 14' + 1/4 in the fingers?

Easton Air GX1350's/GX7500's, or PLD 3300's w/ split fingers, any high end OPS that has intermediate shaft dimensions but would still be about 60-65 flex when cut down to the height of a junior stick. I am not a tall person.

I'd love to find another, reasonably-priced pair (not gonna happen) of Jofa 9066 elbow pads

I saw a pair of size 6 at a local PIAS about a couple of weeks ago. I can go OVE and see if they still have them.

Does hypothetical equipment count? A Bauer Vapor stick with the flex characteristics of a Supreme (or a Supreme Stick with the rounded shaft shape of the Vapor, to look at it another way) would be wonderful. I'd also very much like to see a MyBauer glove customizer so that I can finally resurrect the 1995-1996 Calgary Flames colorway. Not a fan of Eagle or Warrior's offerings.

As for what actually exists, I've always wanted a CCM HT2 bucket. I'd have grabbed one years ago, only the retail foam was about twenty inches thick. If it had low-profile dual density foam like one of the HT500 variants did (think that might've been the 892 Tacks), it would've been perfect. Unfortunately, those two helmets were already on their way out by then.

Speaking of CCM, I really want my Tacks skates back. Neither my CCM U+10's or my Reebok 11K D/AA's fit quite like they did. I'd say a pair of Pro Tacks would be as close as anything to my dream skates.

I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's (?) CCM re-released the 652 Tacks. I wish they'd do something like that again. if we're talking about things that'll never happen, I'd love for Bauer to re-release the 1st or 2nd gen 5000 comps w/ the blue accents. Heck while I'm at it, let's throw some CCM 752 Kevlar Tacks in there as well (the first pair of skates that I HAD to have).