Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

For those who have switched from Reebok skates to Bauer or vice versa?

From 11ks to Vapor 7.0s: A little steeper stance on the 7.0s. Wider toe cap on the 7.0 vs the 11K (wide sizes) Stiffer performance in the Bauer. BOTH skates perform well. I have Nothing bad to say about reebok's 11K offering.

EXCEPT for the small toecap. I feel the vapors are more "explosive" than the 11ks. I'm assuming because of the skate's pitch.

Reebok you'll be up on your toes, Bauer will be more neutral/back on your heels. I went from CCM to Bauer customs and had a shim put in between the heel tower and boot so my stance wouldn't change.

ive boticed on reebok wide widths that the toe cap doesnt change size. i dont like this, now the rest of the boot is pertruding and it looks like its coming apart from the start.

ive boticed on reebok wide widths that the toe cap doesnt change size. i dont like this, now the rest of the boot is pertruding and it looks like its coming apart from the start.

Agreed..+1 That's an issue with me.

yeah with the reeboks they were causing an issue for a bit but i did spot heating with a hairdryer and after a couple of games it broke it. still its a dumb decision for them.

Bauer vapor 4.0 to CCM Crazy lights with Tuuk LS2s. The vapors had a high arch with a forward stance (although they felt like you were on your heels), a wide toecap and very protective. The CCMS had a flat foot with a narrow toecap and a neutral pitch, even with the tuuk swap the holders felt shorter. The vapors were perfect on the ice great turning, stopping, and accelerating but the fit for me was terrible, pain during and after every skate. The CCMS fit great no foot pain but the narrow toecap puts a little pressure on my pinky toe. The nonaggressive stance of the boot is something that takes time to adjust to, still don't feel like I can dig my heels in on a turn. Also the Bauer felt tounge is great absolutely no lace bite, the ccm ufoam tounge has a seam running right up the middle and feels terrible.

I never really skated on a Tuuk holder until last month when I switched from Crazy Lights to One.9s. Everyone is different, but it took me a good two hours on the ice to get used to the different stance. Once that adjustment period was over I was totally fine, though.

The fit is different and that's the most important part of the skates. If the 20k fits you, not sure if any top end Bauers will too.

I never really skated on a Tuuk holder until last month when I switched from Crazy Lights to One.9s. Everyone is different, but it took me a good two hours on the ice to get used to the different stance. Once that adjustment period was over I was totally fine, though.

Can I get your feedback on what your opinion is from switching from the CCm to the on.9. I am on the fence switching to the one.9 skates or get my CL's repaired as it needs new holder and steel. I like the fit on the Bauers with the amount of ankle support and no heel lift.