Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Warrior Projekt Shoulder Pad Sizing

Does anyone wear the blue and black (2012 model, I believe) Warrior Shoulder Pads?

http://www.hockeygiant.com/warpjktshlsr.html

I am 6'2, 225 lbs, athletic'ish build, 46 inch chest. I have read that the pads run large. If this is the case, then I figure to be a Large. However, if the hockeymonkey.com sizing chart is correct (which I do not trust, as it looks like they just take a generic chart and brand each company onto it), then I am an XL:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-shoulder-pad-sizing.html

I also went to the Warrior page and checked their chart:

http://sports.warrior.com/sizechart/sizechart,en_GB,pg.html

* This is their chart for 2013, not sure if things have changed any since 2012. If this chart is accurate, then I am pretty well in between sizes.

So, anyone around my height, or one size up or down and wearing these pads, if you could weigh in, then I would greatly appreciate it.

PS- I have made a few threads about this process. The CCM CLs are too short in the chest pad, the Reebok 20Ks are a bit too bulky in the shoulder cap (11Ks are a possibility), and I am still considering the Easton Mako (which sound pretty ideal, and which I will likely go with, but not sure yet)

I am in a non-checking beer league, but just getting back into hockey after a long layoff, so I need to protect myself from myself, basically. So, I do not need the huge shoulder caps, but I will need something, and a full chest plate is just nice for guys who like to shoot high with their fancy curves.

I am 5'8". 155 pounds. 40 in chest. I wear a size medium.

The thing about these pads is that they are very customizable with removable lower abdomen and back padding. They also have the ability to adjust the height on the bicep padding.

I have a shorter torso and the length and width on the small was lacking for me. I am normally between a Small and Medium on most shoulder pads that I try on and these fit me the best in Medium. Take that for what it is. Very relative, but that is my personal experience with the blue and grey projekts.

Personally I would purchase both large and x-large and just return whatever doesn't fit as well.

I am 5'8". 155 pounds. 40 in chest. I wear a size medium.

The thing about these pads is that they are very customizable with removable lower abdomen and back padding. They also have the ability to adjust the height on the bicep padding.

I have a shorter torso and the length and width on the small was lacking for me. I am normally between a Small and Medium on most shoulder pads that I try on and these fit me the best in Medium. Take that for what it is. Very relative, but that is my personal experience with the blue and grey projekts.

Personally I would purchase both large and x-large and just return whatever doesn't fit as well.

Thanks for the response. If I were in the US, then I would do this in a second. However, I am in Asia and Warrior Hockey brand does not exist out here. So, I would have to get them hauled by someone coming to see me, and it might be a bit much to ask him to haul 2 shouldies along with everything else that he is hauling for me.

The 2012 Projekts do not run large, that would be the previous white model that did. You would likely take the same size as you did in the Reeboks.

I have the 2012, blue and black. As AIREYE said, these appear to be the first year that they don't run large. I'm 5-10, 170, 42 chest, and I returned the medium to get the large.

How much larger do the white run? So a medium in easton would be a small then?

If you wear a medium in other pads say, you would require a small in the white Projekts. Size down.