Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Dallas Stars new logo

379728_10151457317270849_1358551622_n.jp

Not a fan. As was pointed out of Facebook...looks too much like Starbucks or Skoda (the European car company).

I don't mind it. It feels more like a shoulder patch than a main logo, though.

I kind of miss the star pattern circa 1997-2006, minus the mooterus. It was distinctive. Even if they had to sublimate, it seems like RBK should be able to make it happen.

I'm betting the designer spends a lot of time at Starbucks. Personally, I like classic style logos, like this one is attempting to be, I just think the font and image don't particularly work with the old school round format. This would be fine as a secondary or shoulder logo, not a big fan of it if it is the primary crest.

That is the shoulder patch.

Main logo

8L9n9yE.jpg

Edit: And a jersey that was labeled "pretty close" by the Managing Editor at DefendingBigD.com

ih5y-3r-65de.png

I like white better than the dark, but that is the case for most NHL teams, IMO.

Nice that they went grey for the shoulders on the green rather than black.

I like white better than the dark, but that is the case for most NHL teams, IMO.

Nice that they went grey for the shoulders on the green rather than black.

Thats a close reproduction, not really sure what the final will look like, except for the colors really.

We'll know for sure on the 4th.

Not my favorite shade of green, but it beats the hell out of another black jersey.

Also nice to see they didn't put the stupid EDGE piping on the front. I guess this thing is growing on me each time I see it.

I believe it is because they are using the "wide" pattern jersey in the above drawings, not the narrow.

I hope a more teams start with re-designs they do away with it. Florida, St. Louis, Colorado, Nashville...would all look better without it.

I hope a more teams start with re-designs they do away with it. Florida, St. Louis, Colorado, Nashville...would all look better without it.

I would expect that to start happening after the new jersey contract is in effect.

Green looks similar to the st. patty's day Hawks jerseys. Except a different shade of green, of course. I like them a lot actually.

Just a touch of yellow coulda brought back the North stars feel.

The white one really reminds me of an updated north stars jersey

Just a touch of yellow coulda brought back the North stars feel.

Call me crazy, but I think they were trying to avoid that. During the release event, Gaglardi said the only reason they went green was fan feedback. There was a huge uproar about going back to that as a main color.

Pants, helmets, and gloves will remain black. Here's the full mock up.

Stars_Jerseys_2.png

And alternate logos (a huge fan of the Alternate Logo that appears on the pants. I hope for a future third with that one).

Stars_logos.png

Losing the front numbers alone makes it a win for me. Everything else is simply a bonus

I like the spearmint green, and black/silver gloves. Got to admit I'm a fan

Reminds me of the Hartford Whalers Green...

I like them and expect to see many rec teams using these in the future, in many leagues you can get away w/ just the green set.