Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Drury/Lidstrom/P02 in a Slightly Lower Lie?

I am a recent heel curve convert and am currently using a P02 and a Drury which I like A LOT however, the lie is a touch too high for me, maybe by 0.5. Nit picky, I know, but does anyone have any suggestions other than custom? Thanks.

With a flat bottom like the P02 has, the right lie becomes very important.

Yeah, I'm starting to find that out. I've had to cut my stick a little shorter than usual which is already very short....almost janney/housley short.

It's too bad P72 isn't available at retail. A little deeper and a little more mild in loft, fairly flat 5-ish lie. The Sherwood PP09 might be an option.

Or a Roenick/H10

My understanding is the Roenick is different than the Styles (P72)

Have you tried the P106? Not a clone of any of those but its a 5 lie, round toe open heel.

I'm intrigued by it whenever I see it at a shop, but I've never bought/played w/ one. Will definitely consider.

It's too bad P72 isn't available at retail. A little deeper and a little more mild in loft, fairly flat 5-ish lie. The Sherwood PP09 might be an option.

Also, considered the PPO9. I guess I have a couple of options when my current sticks break.

I'd been going back and forth between the Drury and the P106, and switched to the Wiz about 6 weeks ago. So far I've loved it - happy with the lower lie. But, of course, it's not very available.

I own a Reebok RK10 and an Easton Styles. They both have the same curve and openness. The RK10 is about 4.75 lie with a moderate rocker throughout. And has a paddle like profile (i.e. taller towards the toe). The Styles is about a 5 lie and a touch short as if from squaring off the toe. It does have a slightly square toe. It has a flatter rocker at the toe compared to the RK10. And is a tall blade through the length of the blade.

On a side note, I just recieved Base BC91 blades and is very similar to the RK10 expect it has more curve and a 5.75 lie.