Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frankie56

Ccm to bauer skates

Skate experts.

My son's team is switching sponsor to Bauer. Currently in ccm's U+CL. Which of the bauer lines would be closest to these ccm's

Thanks

He's forced to wear Bauer skates?

Try on all three fits and decide based on which one fits the best. Even though he fit into CL before, his foot might not have grown in proportion, though if I were forced to choose one and only one, I would look at Supreme first.

Vapor is closest.......BUT....you need to be measured and try everything on if hes stopped growing he maybe the same size in Bauer as CCM/Rebook fits a slight bit larger. Take a look at the old insoles and see where his toe comes to on them.

Always helps

thanks toronto guys,

I keep hearing about pitch differences, especially with the supreme line. it would seem to me that would make a big difference in how the skate works on the ice, even if the boot fits the foot pretty good. reading through the boards I keep getting conflicting information.

supreme, slightly negative pitch

ccm cl, neutral

nexus neutral

vapor apx, forward?

is this roughly correct? Thanks guys.

Pitch can be adjusted through lifts or profiling of steel, so not really a concern. Go with the best fitting boot and adjust pitch as required.

Vapor is closest.......BUT....you need to be measured and try everything on if hes stopped growing he maybe the same size in Bauer as CCM/Rebook fits a slight bit larger. Take a look at the old insoles and see where his toe comes to on them.

Always helps

I'm a little surprised by this. The last time I was fitted for skates (only time, actually) the store manager measured me and it came down to CCM U+ 12s vs Supreme one80s. I bought the CCMs but I felt the fit between the two was similar. Unless my memory has faded in the two years since.

To the OP, try everything on as others have suggested. I had a heel shim added to simulate the forward pitch from my previous pair of Grafs.

That seems like a pretty drastic change to me. The pitch difference between Bauer and CCM is definitely different. I have always considered Bauer to be neutral to negative pitch and CCM to be a forward pitch. I went from CCMs (Tucks, old school) and Kors with Pitch3s set on +1 to a pair of custom TotalOnes. I had a 3mm lift inserted between the holder & the boot as an option, to keep me in the forward pitch I was used to.

Find a skate that fits the best. As was stated above pitch can be corrected by either profiling or a lift/shim.

I'm a little surprised by this. The last time I was fitted for skates (only time, actually) the store manager measured me and it came down to CCM U+ 12s vs Supreme one80s. I bought the CCMs but I felt the fit between the two was similar. Unless my memory has faded in the two years since.

To the OP, try everything on as others have suggested. I had a heel shim added to simulate the forward pitch from my previous pair of Grafs.

That would depend on wether what width they were in the CCM. The toe box on the supreme is wider. Also more of an arch in the CCM similar to the Vapor. The may feel similar it all does matter on foot shape. Once they were worn for a while I am sure you would feel the width in the Supreme.

Easiest way is to turn the skates up side down and look at the outsole.

Fit is different for all people but for me, I was in CCM U12 and Bauer Supremes fit the best. Specifically, my feet fit best in the Total One NXG and One100's and not as well in the other lines.

• I just recently switched from CCM CL to the Bauer Supreme one.9 and the fit was great. The bauer is a stiffer skate and I find that I can transition between backwards and forewords way better on the tuuks then the e-pro.