Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
thugnation00

Mission Inhaler Helmet

I saw this mentioned in the IIHF thread...Does anyone have more info on it? I had a game today and just about died from the heat. I think something like this would be great for roller if it has a lot more ventilation than most helmets.

I would also be curious as to the design evolution of this helmet since it really looks (at least from the far away IIHF pictures) like the NME with more vents.

More or less a redesigned 5100 style helmet. Numerous ventilation ports in the front of the helmet and exiting air vents in the rear make for a very cool feeling helmet. Also has this sweat band that is removable so you can clean or replace if needed. You don't need the sweat band to use the helmet if that's your choice. 100% can be used in ice and roller. Not much along the ways of pictures but a number of guys(full Canada team) were wearing that helmet so I'm sure you could pull something up.

Edited by Tyler Roy
  • Like 2

Agreed it looks very nice, like a roller version of the 5100 as stated before. Ports for ventilation are a plus. The foam on the inside is perforated but isn't really ventilated because the backing/higher density foam isn't perforated. Just a heads up because they'll advertise it like that.

More info on the helmet and other Mission protective here:

http://blog.icewarehouse.com/tag/mission-hockey/

Don't understand why the lid isn't EPP instead of VN as I've always found VN to absorb heat and moisture. Probably just to keep costs down but it's too bad. Then again, roller specific protective is a tricky market anyway. Anyone remember the Carbster's lesser revered little entry-level brother? It had super thick foam and was very uncomfortable but it did have the built in "sweat hog" band. I think it was called the M50 or something similar. It was pre-Bauer and pre-Itech merger.

Looks cool and I would love to try one. I wish they put in more of nausea really nice foams but I see how having what they used benefits the air flow better. I wonder if those perforations will do much if there is no vent behind them.

One pet peeve is that the black helmet will have white ear loops. Cmon stop treating roller players like baby's with all the white gear and start treating them like hockey players.

Looks cool and I would love to try one. I wish they put in more of nausea really nice foams but I see how having what they used benefits the air flow better. I wonder if those perforations will do much if there is no vent behind them.

One pet peeve is that the black helmet will have white ear loops. Cmon stop treating roller players like baby's with all the white gear and start treating them like hockey players.

White ear loops gained their popularity through ice not roller...white skates also started through ice not roller, but roller has become the flashier side of hockey within the past few years.

More often than not the player would choose the white over the black. It adds to the overall look to the helmet for the inhaler. There is a reason why white helmets, in store, sometimes have missing white loops.

sometimes its not who started it, but who continues it.

sometimes its not who started it, but who continues it.

I know roller hockey gets the bad reputation with white equipment and such but, high school age ice hockey players today care more about how they look than how they play.

I also think part of it with companies like Mission is that they know they make a good product so they could put out a leopard print skate and people would buy it. So why not make it something that'll stand out and let people know from a distance that it's a mission product? I have zero inside information about how hockey products are advertised, but I'd assume we're thought of as skating billboards, so why not give yourself an advantage in that regard?

ok so maybe my reaction to white ear loops is a bit much, and im ok with white helmets bc i never thought of a white helmet as out of the ordinary. but isnt it more traditional for the color/white to have white loops and the black to be black? I also dont get people that love white because it gets scuffed and dirty from sweat so easily. For my franchise gloves i even asked them to eliminate all white, even the assembly thread from the glove as it will just get discolored very easily.

I feel like roller guys get a bad rep bc all of our equipment get the radical design jobs. Im going to say i like the current mission ac1 pants because they have mission style, but are tamed down from my tribal graffiti my current pants have. the ac2s though are just so much especially on the back. im a grown man in the year 2013, not a young teenage boy form the 80s. and you can say its their style and advertising but you can be even more effective if you use your brain.
look at warrior, they used to have tribal lightening bolts, dragons, snakes etc all over their sticks. but now in the past 2-3 years they tamed it down a lot and i think people are giving them more of a chance bc of it and they are seeing they are making great products right now. look at alkalis ca7 pants in black. theyre plain black pants but their logo is big on the thigh and a slightly different color. you cant tell me you wont notice that,

White loops are kinda like racing stripes on a car. Its that little added detail that enhances the overall look to the helmet. Roller hockey is a very different game and has a different style, as a 22 year old inline player i'm alright with most of the new designs that are coming out but older players might like the more tame look.

ok so maybe my reaction to white ear loops is a bit much, and im ok with white helmets bc i never thought of a white helmet as out of the ordinary. but isnt it more traditional for the color/white to have white loops and the black to be black? I also dont get people that love white because it gets scuffed and dirty from sweat so easily. For my franchise gloves i even asked them to eliminate all white, even the assembly thread from the glove as it will just get discolored very easily.

I feel like roller guys get a bad rep bc all of our equipment get the radical design jobs. Im going to say i like the current mission ac1 pants because they have mission style, but are tamed down from my tribal graffiti my current pants have. the ac2s though are just so much especially on the back. im a grown man in the year 2013, not a young teenage boy form the 80s. and you can say its their style and advertising but you can be even more effective if you use your brain.
look at warrior, they used to have tribal lightening bolts, dragons, snakes etc all over their sticks. but now in the past 2-3 years they tamed it down a lot and i think people are giving them more of a chance bc of it and they are seeing they are making great products right now. look at alkalis ca7 pants in black. theyre plain black pants but their logo is big on the thigh and a slightly different color. you cant tell me you wont notice that,

Mehhh it's just opposing opinions I guess. I'm 24 and besides my much younger teenage days I don't remember going after all of the flash.

Now at days I would just like a matching uniform to play in. My team is made up of all work buddies and it would be sweet if we could get the job to sponsor us just enough so we can at least get our own jerseys (ice been jonesing for a jersey in whalers green with white and black trim) but I doubt that will ever happen.

More or less a redesigned 5100 style helmet. Numerous ventilation ports in the front of the helmet and exiting air vents in the rear make for a very cool feeling helmet. Also has this sweat band that is removable so you can clean or replace if needed. You don't need the sweat band to use the helmet if that's your choice. 100% can be used in ice and roller. Not much along the ways of pictures but a number of guys(full Canada team) were wearing that helmet so I'm sure you could pull something up.

Tyler (and IW Chase if you get a notification for this thread)-

Do you guys know if this helmet will get all the stickers that I need to play in international ice hockey tournaments (HECC and whatever else are the stickers on the standard ice hockey helmets)?

Thanks,

Cosmic

The inhaler helmet will be hecc certification and good to go.

Tyler (and IW Chase if you get a notification for this thread)-

Do you guys know if this helmet will get all the stickers that I need to play in international ice hockey tournaments (HECC and whatever else are the stickers on the standard ice hockey helmets)?

Thanks,

Cosmic

Edited by Tyler Roy

You can use the Inhaler for ice. It's just marketed towards roller.

It's info I've sat on for quite some time now...those who liked the Intake will really like this. Still the best ventilated helmet to date.

I'm pretty interested in this helmet. As an Inline player, summer months are not easy to play during. The amount of sweat the drips in your face and into your eyes is brutal.

mission-inhaler-helmet-featured.jpg

Look inside the helmet the helmet for those interested.

But the million dollar question (or maybe $89.99 question), when is this thing going to be available to the public?

I've got a league I'd like to get a white one for, but is contingent upon when it comes out.

Any help here?

The new mission products are set for a fall release. I don't have an exact date but look for the new APX2R (SEPT 18th) and all the other goodies this fall.

But the million dollar question (or maybe $89.99 question), when is this thing going to be available to the public?

I've got a league I'd like to get a white one for, but is contingent upon when it comes out.

Any help here?

Is the adjustment system housed in the back of the helmet like on the reakt or ims 9.0?

You can use the Inhaler for ice. It's just marketed towards roller.

It's info I've sat on for quite some time now...those who liked the Intake will really like this. Still the best ventilated helmet to date.

Is the adjustment system housed in the back of the helmet like on the reakt or ims 9.0?

Yessir, just like Re-akt & IMS 9.0. I don't know if I had early samples but the adjustment latch was a different color than the rest of the shell.