Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Warrior Oilers Franchise Gloves

These look like nice gloves, but couldn't you get customs for that much?

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. Is there anything special that i'm not seeing in these gloves? I mean they don't even tell you what size they are. It's up to $390 and that's nuts for a pair of gloves.

Crazy bidding war going on.

and now people will start calling warrior, saying hey i need you to make me some of the oilers third gloves, or whatever it may be, they will put it on ebay and make a profit. stupidity amazes me

I think Doug Weight used something similar to those in his day in the life of episode on the NHL network.

yea they look like they could be Islanders 3rd colors as well... maybe they're selling off equipment to help pay for some new body parts for Dipietro.

I will custom order those exact gloves for $200 for anyone that wants them. I cant believe people would bid that much for a pair of gloves that cost $230 at best!!

Im not sure if I should have just started a new topic on this, as I searched and could not find anything on it. In any event there are a few sellers on ebay peddling counterfeit RBK Edge Authentic jerseys. Just an FYI, watch out for ebay user "cici250631." They have 100% feedback, however their product is extra fake. Just an FYI. If you know of any others, people should post their user names!

Im not sure if I should have just started a new topic on this, as I searched and could not find anything on it. In any event there are a few sellers on ebay peddling counterfeit RBK Edge Authentic jerseys. Just an FYI, watch out for ebay user "cici250631." They have 100% feedback, however their product is extra fake. Just an FYI. If you know of any others, people should post their user names!

I see a ton of completed auctions and 2 current ones for replica jerseys but I don't see any for authentic jerseys, am I missing something? Is it a knock off RBK jersey or something? I'm not too up to date w/ the rbk jersey's so I don't know what the difference between a real replica and a fake one would be, it does look like he sewed in a fight strap to make some ppl think they're authentic game jerseys though.

I see a ton of completed auctions and 2 current ones for replica jerseys but I don't see any for authentic jerseys, am I missing something? Is it a knock off RBK jersey or something? I'm not too up to date w/ the rbk jersey's so I don't know what the difference between a real replica and a fake one would be, it does look like he sewed in a fight strap to make some ppl think they're authentic game jerseys though.

Yes, to be clear, there are sellers such as "cici250631" that are selling knock off RBK Authentic Edge Jerseys. They are going for between $100-$190 a pop depending on the player. I bought one and it arrived and it was laughable. I mean for knock offs they looked ok, but it was the little things such as no RBK/CCM hologram hang tag, the fight strap wasnt double reinforced and was crooked, and the big things; the material was totally different than what it was supposed to be. It wasnt even premier RBK material. I've seen and felt the EDGE Authentic, Premier, and legit on ice jerseys (the ones that they dont sell to the public) and the one this seller sent me was nothing like any of them. I called them on it and they were quick to give me the "We are sorry you are unhappy with your purchase" bs and offered a full refund plus partial payment of return shipping costs as long as I didnt leave a negative. They never actually admitted that they were fake, but they didnt deny it. They said they were "unaware."

Yea ebay has been known to be the home of fake jerseys. You can just tell by looking at their pictures. The players' names are always tiny compared to what they are on real jerseys, and honestly if you're paying 100 for an "authentic" jersey on ebay, what are you really expecting to get.

Yea ebay has been known to be the home of fake jerseys. You can just tell by looking at their pictures. The players' names are always tiny compared to what they are on real jerseys, and honestly if you're paying 100 for an "authentic" jersey on ebay, what are you really expecting to get.

Well the picture was actually of an authentic jersey, possibly stolen from another seller. As far as the price goes, Ive found many ridiculous bargains on ebay that had me asking if this was real lol and they have been legit. So you cant always use the "you get what you think you are paying for" logic on this one. Besides, the cost on one of the authentics isnt much more than $140, so it wouldnt be at all otu of the ordinary if someone were to start out an item at a lower price thinking it would skyrocket like some auctions do. Either way I got my money back and Im just going to get one through a shop owner I know.

Cost, not price. They don't cost 200 dollars to make. Most of that money is in licensing.

I would be rather shocked if the production cost was actually more then 50 for the authentics.

Yeah, I was talking about cost to the retailer and cptjeff is right, RBK's cost to make those jerseys is most likely significantly less than $50. The cost to retailers is most likely between $125-165 depending on if they are player personalized or blank. These are all retail estimates of course using a standard 100% cost markup figure. It could even still be less for soft/textile goods such as jerseys. For instance, a good friend of mine owns a local womens clothing boutique that sells all of those high end denim brands like Rock and Republic and Seven for All Mankind, etc. Those jeans retail for like $200+ a pop, but the cost is anywhere from $63 a pair to a max $102 per pair, and they are "made in the usa of imported fabrics." Having said that, again with a huge company such as RBK, with so many manufacturing resources, it wouldnt surprise me if it was much less than what I estimated.

Or maybe his camera's white balance is severely off and causing them to look like Sabres colors in the pic? Yup that must be it, sounds feasible to me, now where do I send my $220? :lol:

Or maybe his camera's white balance is severely off and causing them to look like Sabres colors in the pic? Yup that must be it, sounds feasible to me, now where do I send my $220? :lol:

To me if you want, I'll be more than happy to fade so gloves for, but you gotta send the gloves to, HAHA

They look to be real. The only thing that looks different is they dont look to taper any at the ankle like the rest of the socks do. The pictures of the tags are the same tags that all of my real edge socks have.

It's missing the jock tag.

I can vouch for the seller, he's good people. I've been meaning to ask him about them but he's been pretty busy.