Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

It's missing the jock tag.

I can vouch for the seller, he's good people. I've been meaning to ask him about them but he's been pretty busy.

Yeah the missing Jock Tag + Non Taper just makes it look different compared to what I have which are some pro returns and the retail versions. Maybe these are the retail practice socks that will be out later in the year.

Good to know hes a legit seller though. Thanks

I won't see him for probably another week but I'll ask him about them, I need to email him back anyway.

It is possible that it's an early retail model, he's got an "in" with Reebok/CCM.

248d_12.JPG

Speaking of fake jerseys, can anyone shed some light on this, real deal or fake as a fake thing?

Wasn't sure whether the material for the green sections and the size of the white stripes gave it away?

Cheers

Steve

248d_12.JPG

Speaking of fake jerseys, can anyone shed some light on this, real deal or fake as a fake thing?

Wasn't sure whether the material for the green sections and the size of the white stripes gave it away?

Cheers

Steve

looks pretty fake to me

The don't die, they live forever and keep coming back to remind us that they're still there. If i would have to guess they have been post 11teen times

My guess is 12teen

248d_12.JPG

Cheers

Steve

looks pretty fake to me

Cheers, what are the tell tale signs?

%7Boption%7D

Cheers

Steve

looks pretty fake to me

Cheers, what are the tell tale signs?

The replica versions I've seen at the Canucks store are all air knit material without the shiny bits. Also the white stripes are too thick on the sleeves and around the body. The crest also looks massive compared to the replica versions seen on ebay or if you go to a retailer site which sells replica vintage gear.

The #1 on the sleeve looks massive as well compared to the other jerseys I've seen.

Take a look at this replica and compare: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-w-TAGS-Vancouver-C...93%3A1|294%3A50

Not to mention it's CCM, not RBK, and they haven't made that in a CCM jersey in years. The last time they did it had a big vintage V patch on the front.

Stripes on real CCM replicas are usually woven in, and the stripes on that one are too thick.

Cheers guys! That's cleared it up, I thought that was the case as I do have an airknit version, only it's too big! Wasn't sure if this was an authentic on ice version. Glad I didn't bid! :D

Doesn't come close to this guy.

We already saw his pants auction but look at the Tim Taylor jersey and the Andreychuk auto stick... Seriously?

THIS IS A USED STICK AND IS NOT GAME USED BY HIM ALTHROUGH IT HAS BEEN USED BY SOME PLAYER

Haha...

Edge Practice Socks

Seller says these are game used but also says that they are practice socks.

bought a pair from him and they were pretty nice...not sure if they were game used (or practice used - they were used and repaired nicely) as he says but I'm 99% sure they were pro stock and were sized, looked, and felt like the other ones I have purchased before that were also pro stock.

Haha...

Edge Practice Socks

Seller says these are game used but also says that they are practice socks.

bought a pair from him and they were pretty nice...not sure if they were game used (or practice used - they were used and repaired nicely) as he says but I'm 99% sure they were pro stock and were sized, looked, and felt like the other ones I have purchased before that were also pro stock.

Damn how much did you pay for the socks, cause i've seen all his auctions hit nearly 100 or sometimes even more, I guess i still can't find a good enough reason to buy socks for that much. But I would love some practice ones, if you can afford it, why not

Just came across this while browsing gloves...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-new-w-tags-RBK-9...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I love how he says Pro-stock is made to look like what the pros wear and pro issue is made stronger b/c it's what the pros wear. Also, the large bold at the bottom saying how they are leather and how leather is so much better than nylon.... ugh. I guess if you buy a glove from The Sports Authority w/ an NHL logo on it then it must be exactly what the pro's wear.

Just came across this while browsing gloves...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-new-w-tags-RBK-9...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I love how he says Pro-stock is made to look like what the pros wear and pro issue is made stronger b/c it's what the pros wear. Also, the large bold at the bottom saying how they are leather and how leather is so much better than nylon.... ugh. I guess if you buy a glove from The Sports Authority w/ an NHL logo on it then it must be exactly what the pro's wear.

Also these are the leather model of these gloves not the cheap nylon material that rips and gets snagged and soaks up water and makes the gloves heavy

lol