Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

It started out as a demo tool at one of the tradeshows, but then a retailer thought it was cool, and they made a run (there was a Nike Quest version as well).

I wondered about that because I know that Hockey Giant was selling them at one point. people referred to them as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle gloves.

He's one of those guys who likes to put a crazy price on all of his gloves...likes to buy from other sellers then adds $100-200 as his sale price.

Someone else has Rangers Franchise 3rds he bought for $225 and has them for $375 I think.

"Honest money goes further"

I wondered about that because I know that Hockey Giant was selling them at one point. people referred to them as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle gloves.

Yep, HG was the retailer.

Law, I want those! I have a weird obsession with purple in my gear. I've got Elmira 4-rolls(but then again, my HS team was Vegas Gold and Purple)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hartford-Whalers-Shanahan-Jersey-94-size-XL-/330671916365?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cfd95054d

Aside from being a jersey from the 70's that Shanny never wore, I'm not sure why there are so many current production Coffey and Shanahan Whaler jerseys. They have to be two of the most hated players from the last years of the team.....

Those are people who put in a bid, then others underbid. Nothing fishy about it.

I understand how eBay works.

Do you honestly see that many people with zero feedback running up items like that? I don't. Maybe its more prevalent on rare hockey equipment than all the other stuff I usually buy on eBay. An anomaly, if you will.

He's one of those guys who likes to put a crazy price on all of his gloves...likes to buy from other sellers then adds $100-200 as his sale price.

Someone else has Rangers Franchise 3rds he bought for $225 and has them for $375 I think.

"Honest money goes further"

supply and demand. I bought Enstrom's Thrashers AK27 gloves from him. I know darn well that he got them from the PIAS in Winnipeg, probably for around $100 or so. he sold them to me on Ebay for twice that. to me that pair of gloves was worth it and he beat me to them at PIAS fair and square. capitalism at it's finest. would I do that? no but that's just me. it's not like I've never bought gear at a team sale for cheap with my only purpose being to make a little money off of it.

How the visor is sitting on the helmet is enough proof that the helmet/visor combo is fake? What if he adjusted the mask to a more Ovi wearing postion on the helmet, still fake? Come on, don't you need something a little more concrete than mask placement before calling something "fake".

I'm a little more concerned about the misleading title "Washington Capitals Alex Ovechkin Pro Stock NHL Hockey Helmet" when in the product write-up it says "The helmet comes complete with side logo's, NHL Shield and Alex Ovechkin's #8. The tinted Oakley visor has little wear and has a clear sight of vision, it is a straight pro cut model. The Helmet was obtained recently as part of a bulk buy of Caps items from a REEBOK/CCM Pro Rep. I have no way of knowing if this is Ovechkkin's helmet and I am offering this as a Pro Stock Helmet. The helmet did come from the team and may have been a backup helmet. What I do know is it has all the correct Decals (Team issued) Not ones from stores and the NHL Shield and Washington Eagle along with the #8. The Oakley visor is the tinted model Ovechkin uses. The helmet is a size medium and inside padding is clean with minor staining. At the very least this would be a great Pro Stock item for the collection or autographed. Washington Capital and Alex Ovechkin equipment is scarce and hard to find as the team does not let much get out to the public. There is no LOA for this item and I am deeming it Pro Stock without a NHL or Team issued LOA. Here is your chance to look and play like a pro. This Helmet with decals is not available retail and only sold to the pro's."

Mike

Looks to me like the eBay helmet's visor has black Oakley logos (Ovechkin's visor has blue logos). Also, it's hard to tell for sure, but it looks to me that the visor is a different cut (straight small vs. pro straight) and is mounted using incorrect spacers.

Hmm unless it has COA no way to be 100%

but in fairness like others he has said that he is "not sure if it is Ovechkins helmet"....you have to give a little credit there.

but in fairness like others he has said that he is "not sure if it is Ovechkins helmet"....you have to give a little credit there.

If I was selling something on ebay and did not know for sure if it was 100% real or their was a slight chance that the info was off, ie: not knowing if Ovechkin "Actully" wore the helmet. I would in no way advertise it to be Ovechkin's, I would simply put it up as "Pro Stock"...But that is just me, I enjoy the freedom to see things my way and always welcome others to see things their own way.

If I was selling something on ebay and did not know for sure if it was 100% real or their was a slight chance that the info was off, ie: not knowing if Ovechkin "Actully" wore the helmet. I would in no way advertise it to be Ovechkin's, I would simply put it up as "Pro Stock"...But that is just me, I enjoy the freedom to see things my way and always welcome others to see things their own way.

If only you could convince people not to label their Bauer gloves " Bauer Warrior/Jofa/CCM/Reebok pro stock return gloves" in order to "get more hits", eh? I'm pretty sure there's more than a couple ebay sellers in this thread who do that all the time.

If only you could convince people not to label their Bauer gloves " Bauer Warrior/Jofa/CCM/Reebok pro stock return gloves" in order to "get more hits", eh? I'm pretty sure there's more than a couple ebay sellers in this thread who do that all the time.

I do that all the time. DEF works.

I just won this RBK AI9 yesterday, I'll let you guys know what I think when i get it. The curve looks like a PM9 St. Louis/Hossa/Malkin/Stamkos to me what you guys think ? I hope it is lol

I do that all the time. DEF works.

I just won this RBK AI9 yesterday, I'll let you guys know what I think when i get it. The curve looks like a PM9 St. Louis/Hossa/Malkin/Stamkos to me what you guys think ? I hope it is lol

Yep, it works. And it is just about as annoying and as dishonest to me as putting "Alex Ovechkin" on a subject line to generate hits and then saying "well, maybe it isn't" in the listing. At least in this case, it may actually be an Ovechkin helmet. You list a pair of Bauer gloves, then say Bauer gloves, there's no chance that they're Warrior/Jofa/CCM or Reebok.

Love these MIAs...just wish I had the cash to actually try to pick them up. I know 65 shipped isn't a ton for gloves, but I've never tired on an MIA glove either.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

I have a pair of these in 13" though the palm is single layer which this pair is not. they are flashy but an incredibly comfortable pair of gloves. got them from Pure Hockey on clearance.