Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

On the surface it may sound like that but as you say, what do blue jeans have to do w/ Surfing. No one in the clothing industry could have ever predicted what happened to Surf clothing. However they do sell the myth / fantasy of Surf Culture to the middle country that may not be the same as selling hockey culture. But I see a market and one that could expand. Why wouldn't a kid rather have Bauer jeans instead of Levis? As well it saves a trip for moms to be able to get hockey gear and fall clothing at the same time.

success of surfing branded clothing is a lot more predictable than hockey branded.

thats just a cluster mess. its gotta mess with play on the ice. please tell me this is somehow photoshopped.

thats just a cluster mess. its gotta mess with play on the ice. please tell me this is somehow photoshopped.

It isn't. That picture is also missing all the ads that will be on the boards.

It isn't. That picture is also missing all the ads that will be on the boards.

i guess i know one team i never am going to go see play, lol.

success of surfing branded clothing is a lot more predictable than hockey branded.

Look back 25 + years is what I meant.

Not surprised to see Bauer get into this side of the market now i've had time to digest it. I'm sure the price point will be reasonable otherwise there's no point doint it. I'll be looking to get my butt in some...

Reasonable pricepoint on the jeans and very comfortable fitting.

Look back 25 + years is what I meant.

yeah, not that I was really around back then, but i understood what you meant. Here is my angle.

When surf clothing came out, it was branded on a culture of sun, comfortable wear to the beach or any sunny day. This allowed it to build a very marketable image, and people bought on.

What will be the highly marketable hockey clothing image? sweaty guys after practice? wearing the same gear for months without washing? It wont have mass appeal, but in venturing a partnership, they dont need mass appeal to have a measure of success.

My guess is they are targeting a niche market, with no real hopes of it expanding to be some phenomenon like surf clothing was/is. Launch it before a holiday season and see what kind of sales you can accomplish, see if you can build a small revenue stream in a industry with fairly high margins. I dont think you will one day walk into a PacSun like hockey store and choose from several manufacturers, I dont see them being able to predict that either.

Most of the stars are in easton buckets.

Looks like Max is the hot helmet guy in Dallas!

Unfamiliar with who that is, but I'd like some sticks. Lol

Wow, I thought the older (better) Ducks jerseys were awesome enough, but did they use the retro screen graphics for the entire game? That's awesome.

I was wondering when we would see another VH wearer--Blake Wheeler's also in a pair at the moment. Not surprising it's another Jet since VH is in Winnipeg.