Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton V-Series Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/167-easton-v-series-catalogue/

Instead of having two distinct lines, what Easton has chosen to do going forward is to offer one stick line, however, with differing features.

The V9E will have an elliptical taper (think Stealth), and the V9 has the standard taper (think Mako). However, new shaft and new blade technologies are shared between the two.

The blade has been redesigned to be stiffer at the toe, so that the shooter can actually flex the blade and snap it off the toe. Combined with their three "dual-lie" blades (the E3 has been put in this category as well as the new E36, which is closer to a P88-style blade) the stiffened toe plays a part in the way the puck comes off the blade.

As mentioned earlier, the Drury/Parise and Heatley curves are no longer offered. The Iginla lives on the V9 and V9E, but an interesting move is the Modano/Cammalleri curve absent on intermediate/jr/youth patterns.

Yeah, now you'll get a whole cohort of kids growing up now using those curves and being used to them. Easton's response in this case is the result of that I believe. If manufacturers scale back, then that will drive the cycle of kids growing up using only the larger curves. I myself believe that for a kid learning the sport for fun, they will be able to enjoy it more if using a P92 or P88 equivalent, simply because it's easier to raise the puck with.

So i'm supposed to shoot off the toe with a Lidstrom? :rolleyes:

Easton is marketing 100% of their sticks toward a shooting technique that probably 5% of players can pull off effectively. The other 95% are either heel/mid snap shooters with no "toe pull and rip" motion, true wrist-roll sweeping shooters, or people who will try to shoot off the toe because their "dual-lie" blade said so and shank everything into the stands.

• Like 2

I was being sarcastic (hence the emoticon) as I shoot off the heel and have been using Drury/Lidstrom for 10 years.

Assuming the tech actually does what its supposed to, why would having a stiffer toe mean anything to someone buying this stick in a Lidstrom/Getzlaf or Modano/Zetterberg/Camalleri?

It will still keep the blade from opening up during shots. Proper shots still have the puck spin across the blade from mid/heel to toe. Guys known for "heavy shots" that still break thru goalies do so because they generate a lot of spin on the puck.

I'm not going to continue to derail the thread but the "proper" shot you describe has become pretty obsolete and is rarely used at the NHL level. Stamkos and Semin are really the only noteworthy guys that shoot that way and both use modified Sakics, not a heel curve. The blade opening up is more a function of poor shooting mechanics and/or the shaft torquing out on you (See: Inno Novius). Its pretty clear that the reason the toe is stiffer is to generate more pop off the area where Easton thinks you should be releasing the puck (ie, the sweet spot). Given that the sweet spot on a heel curve is on...the heel, this seems pointless to me.

so are the new shafts double concave? i was told the double concave shaft causes the sticks to play stiffer than rated. ive heard conflicting answers for both statements

Dual lie - I should edit that out, it's misleading.

Would that mean that say an RS II with the P3 curve will have a different lie and rocker compared to the E3 but the pattern itself will stay the same?

I can't speak specifically to this line; however, I have heard Bauer and Easton reps saying the companies are trying to kill the shafts / blades. I believe top end tapereds are going for US $80 this year...NUTS!

E3. It's the same old Hall/Sakic as it used to be, just marketed now as a "dual lie" blade.

What New Dual Lie Blade would be similar to Hall/Sakic?

E3. It's the same old Hall/Sakic as it used to be, just marketed now as a "dual lie" blade.

Thanks. Seems E36 is also very similar?

Just curious, for those who know why did easton go back to making this years sticks (v9 & v9e) in china? Last year the mako II was made in mexico

Just curious, for those who know why did easton go back to making this years sticks (v9 & v9e) in china? Last year the mako II was made in mexico

the mako as well.