Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOMPL

2013-2014 Sticks

Which 2013-2014 hockey sticks are you most exited about? Do you think that any particular brand has a significant technological advantage over the others?

Dare I say the stick I'm excited about?

Easy guess, you're all about the ribcor! right?

no but seriously, how much do love Warrior? I thought I was bad.

Right now I love their gloves (have been since their first glove the king pin, tried it on a whim) and recently their sticks won me over. Besides that I'm all over the map. I think I'm so ga-ga over their sticks bc they fit me well and I don't think about them. I never even thought about warrior stickwise before coming here and seeing how many liked them from the widow on.

Easton velocity line, new warrior dt1lt.

I didn't like the reenok 11k or 20k but the ribcore looks cool. We'll see. I have the rbz stage 2 but don't like the curve. Wish they had a p14.

I am most interested in the Reebok Ribcore...but will wait for substantial player reviews before I consider buying it. I'm afraid it's all marketing hype, and I didn't care for the 20K.

The new Warrior DT1LT is second most promising, especially considering the excitement generated on these boards. I've never used a Warrior stick, but may give it a shot next season.

Easton's new sticks are essentially the same as last years Mako and Stealth lines, aren't they? Just a new name and paint job?

If you look at the shafts then yes, but they have the new hyper toe, so that's a big difference, and they have a few other new key features.

The ribcor looks sick, and same with the new apx.

I am most interested in the Reebok Ribcore...but will wait for substantial player reviews before I consider buying it. I'm afraid it's all marketing hype, and I didn't care for the 20K.

The new Warrior DT1LT is second most promising, especially considering the excitement generated on these boards. I've never used a Warrior stick, but may give it a shot next season.

Easton's new sticks are essentially the same as last years Mako and Stealth lines, aren't they? Just a new name and paint job?

Easton's new sticks are a far cry from the MAKO and RS with new paint jobs. They both have brand new shafts, new blade core, new hyper toe construction, and new flex profiles. When I shot these sticks, they felt much better than the MAKO and RS.

I shot the APX 2 and it felt a lot more like the same stick with a new paint job than the Easton's did.

Between the RBZ stage 2, the New Velocity line, and the RibCor that I've all used, my personal fave was the Reebok. The amount of kick the sticks have, while still keeping great puck feel, is imo unmatched by anything right now

Interested in seeing the new Eastons. I haven't used one since the Stealth S19.

Somewhat mixed feelings on the APX2, I thought the improvement of the APX over the X:60 was great because of the changes in the blade. From seeing that the APX2 is modeled more after the X:60 than the APX it seems that would be a bit of a step back.

Never used any of the high end Reebok, CCM or Warrior sticks.

Between the RBZ stage 2, the New Velocity line, and the RibCor that I've all used, my personal fave was the Reebok. The amount of kick the sticks have, while still keeping great puck feel, is imo unmatched by anything right now

Interesting. Were you a fan of the 20k? I didn't really like it that's why I was passing on trying the ribcore. I think my favorites so far have been warrior covert, dynasty ax1, Easton stealth/mako.

Interesting. Were you a fan of the 20k? I didn't really like it that's why I was passing on trying the ribcore. I think my favorites so far have been warrior covert, dynasty ax1, Easton stealth/mako.

I was a fan of the 20k, that's what I'm actually using full time at the moment. Also liked the Nexus 1000 (broke 2) and One95 back in the day, for background. Just found the release on the Ribcor was instantaneous, with great power, compared to the nexus where there was a slight lag between loading and shooting.

Feel wise, it wasn't anything to really write home about, but IMO better than the Stage 2 by far, I wasn't a fan of the feel from the blade on any of the RBZ sticks. That being said, in terms of responsiveness and intuitiveness I wouldn't put the reebok on par with the nexus 1000, if thats a big part of your feel.

Overall I found it enough of a different stick to probably warrant at least giving it a shot, depending on wat you didn't like about the 20k

I was a fan of the 20k, that's what I'm actually using full time at the moment. Also liked the Nexus 1000 (broke 2) and One95 back in the day, for background. Just found the release on the Ribcor was instantaneous, with great power, compared to the nexus where there was a slight lag between loading and shooting.

Feel wise, it wasn't anything to really write home about, but IMO better than the Stage 2 by far, I wasn't a fan of the feel from the blade on any of the RBZ sticks. That being said, in terms of responsiveness and intuitiveness I wouldn't put the reebok on par with the nexus 1000, if thats a big part of your feel.

Overall I found it enough of a different stick to probably warrant at least giving it a shot, depending on wat you didn't like about the 20k

Well you're comparing the low kick 20k to the kid kick nexus for release point. Very different feel from kick point alone.

Well you're comparing the low kick 20k to the kid kick nexus for release point. Very different feel from kick point alone.

Yeah of course, was just trying to give differences between what I am experienced with and how it might relate to others.

I guess it felt more like he velocity was there with the ribcor even though it was a low kick, compared to the mid kicks. Awesome kick, quick release, and solid puck feel all around for me.

Seems lke youre a fan of low kick sticks. Definetly give others a try when you can. I find low kick sticks to have much more differentiating character than the mids.

You really feel the quick velocity and release when you're trying to get that quick shot off in heavy traffic.

On facebook Sher-wood announced that they are releasing a new stick line, and the photoshoots today. https://www.facebook.com/SherWoodHockeyInc?ref=ts&fref=ts

In an earlier post they claimed it to be the "lightest stick" released on the market.

Consider me excited. How come nobody is putting the old T90s on clearance? With the launch of the Nexus line, the T100, and this new line, you'd think retailers would be trying to dump their old T90s.

On facebook Sher-wood announced that they are releasing a new stick line, and the photoshoots today. https://www.facebook.com/SherWoodHockeyInc?ref=ts&fref=ts

In an earlier post they claimed it to be the "lightest stick" released on the market.

The dilapidated barn in that one picture reminds me of the Walking Dead. I'm hoping that their new stick integrates zombies into it somehow. :ph34r:

Consider me excited. How come nobody is putting the old T90s on clearance? With the launch of the Nexus line, the T100, and this new line, you'd think retailers would be trying to dump their old T90s.

Well on most sites the t90s are like 120 something, and on other sites its a bit cheaper, if you use promo codes.

None of them. I choose to lay off the Kool-Aid and have acknowledged that sticks haven't improved at all since roughly 2005-2006. You wont find anything better than a CNT Stealth or XN10 in terms of pop, feel, or durability.

Makes sense as the One95 felt very "wood-like" while the CNT and XN10 had really "hot" blades. To my knowledge though the One95 is still widely regarded as the best stick Bauer has ever made.