Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOMPL

2013-2014 Sticks

^exactly, I had the original CCM CL and that thing was too light and flimsy, when they added a few grams to the 2nd gen CL it felt much better, I still have one on perfect condition after 10 months of use and abuse.

Do we have any actual specs on this Sher-wood EK15 stick besides "hand crafted" and "385 grams"? Almost unusual in today's gear market to have a manufacturer just a few weeks away from a major stick release without a bunch of hype and information.

Not sure what else there is to say. It continues the Nexon's line of low kick-point sticks, which is mentioned, while having the smaller, rounded shaft similar to the Nexon more so than what the T series is. Honestly, the fact that they even give us an actual, defined weight is more than most companies do. The website also describes the continuance of spear technology, and the VRF .2 blade. Website also describes the Ekore technology, which is the hand making and molding process.

All in all, I think the marketing and knowledge surrounding this stick is pretty straightforward, especially compared to some companies that only hype certain buzzwords about their product pre-launch.

Looks like I stand corrected and will NOT be trying this stick out after all. Below is an email I received from Sher-Wood regarding the stick and the curves.

Our EK15 stick will be available in stores starting Nov. 1st, 2013 the available curve for this stick will be the PP26 Stastny and the PP88 Lindros.

If you would like any other information, feel free to contact us. Thank you, and have a great day!

SHER-WOOD Customer Services

Not sure what else there is to say. It continues the Nexon's line of low kick-point sticks, which is mentioned, while having the smaller, rounded shaft similar to the Nexon more so than what the T series is. Honestly, the fact that they even give us an actual, defined weight is more than most companies do. The website also describes the continuance of spear technology, and the VRF .2 blade. Website also describes the Ekore technology, which is the hand making and molding process.

All in all, I think the marketing and knowledge surrounding this stick is pretty straightforward, especially compared to some companies that only hype certain buzzwords about their product pre-launch.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. I'd checked the website a short time ago and there was nothing on it about the EK15 yet. FB and Instagram showed a few pics of it, but at the time, there was nothing else. Thanks for the info!

Looks like I stand corrected and will NOT be trying this stick out after all. Below is an email I received from Sher-Wood regarding the stick and the curves.

Our EK15 stick will be available in stores starting Nov. 1st, 2013 the available curve for this stick will be the PP26 Stastny and the PP88 Lindros.

If you would like any other information, feel free to contact us. Thank you, and have a great day!

SHER-WOOD Customer Services

I'm thinking that those are the curves that will be available on the Nov 1st release date with the other curves mentioned on their website to follow.

Sherwood will also have their T90 Mo' stick out too...odd time to release a new top-end model. Maybe they want to focus more on it come December and beyond.

I guess I'll wait until they get the Ryan out :/ I can at least check out the 88 though since that's what I have been using

I guess I'll wait until they get the Ryan out :/ I can at least check out the 88 though since that's what I have been using

The Ryan is the curve I was looking for as well. I dont get why they wouldnt release the pattern of the poster child with the stick. I know that they did the same thing with the Sher-Wood 5030CC, except it was the PP77 and the PP26

The Ryan is the curve I was looking for as well. I dont get why they wouldnt release the pattern of the poster child with the stick. I know that they did the same thing with the Sher-Wood 5030CC, except it was the PP77 and the PP26

agreed, I find it puzzling as well

I'm still baffled that more people don't like the 20K. Great on wristers and slappers IMO. Had the Rib-Cor in my hands and was not blown away either. Balance was a little off to me. Didn't get to shoot with it though.

I'm still baffled that more people don't like the 20K. Great on wristers and slappers IMO. Had the Rib-Cor in my hands and was not blown away either. Balance was a little off to me. Didn't get to shoot with it though.

I felt the opposite. Put the 20k in my hands and shot around with it a little bit in the store, and i was disappointed, stuck with my 11k. The ribcor to me feels amazing, and shots have some good snap to them.

I have had the 11k, 20k and ribcor, all amazing sticks with slight improvements with each new stick. Very durable sticks also imo.

my 11k is a tank, i hope that the 25k or ribcor i get will live up to that.

The EK15 definitely lived up to the hype for me. Got to test one out for quite a while yesterday. Stick is definitely the lightest I've ever held. Surprisingly, that isn't what stuck out to me. The puck feel is unreal. Due to how light it is, it is very easy to maneuver the stick and puck handling is awesome. I was very, very impressed. This was the first time I've ever used a Sher-Wood composite.

As an FYI the Sherwood guys got back to me and said the Ryan will be available in January. My guess is they want to get the product out for the holiday season but don't have time for production of all the patterns

Which 2013-2014 hockey sticks are you most exited about? Do you think that any particular brand has a significant technological advantage over the others?

Has to be the new Sherwood EK15. I think Sherwood sticks are the best value out there

agreed, I find it puzzling as well

This is because the PP26 and PP88 are Sher-Wood's most popular patterns and combined they account for 70% of their pattern sales. The PP88 is being renamed Ryan II as well.

Can anyone comment on the grip coating of the Ribcore? I haven't used a Reebok stick in a while. Last time was the 11K grip. I absolutely hated the coating on that one. Way too sticky. Could barely move my hands on the stick. Hopefully that's been improved.

My favorite grip so far is on the original Bauer TotalOne. Kind of a soft feel to it. Hands move well while stickhandling, but sticky when you clamp down for a shot. Any other newer sticks with a similar feel to this?

Can anyone comment on the grip coating of the Ribcore? I haven't used a Reebok stick in a while. Last time was the 11K grip. I absolutely hated the coating on that one. Way too sticky. Could barely move my hands on the stick. Hopefully that's been improved.

My favorite grip so far is on the original Bauer TotalOne. Kind of a soft feel to it. Hands move well while stickhandling, but sticky when you clamp down for a shot. Any other newer sticks with a similar feel to this?

Did you happen to try the 20k with the dual grip? I thought it was interesting and a good idea, I enjoyed it for sure. My all time favourite was the nipple grip on the widows, but I also love the diamond grip on the DT1s as well.