Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDontPretendImGoodAtHockey

What brands/types of jerseys are you guys wearing on the ice?

Hey there, somewhat long time lurker and a new member here. I've tried searching within the forums already to find info on what makes/models/brands of jerseys people are using when on the ice but I couldn't find much, or at least not what I was quite looking for. I mostly use cheaper practice jerseys when I play simply because that's all I've ever bought or been given. I guess I've been a cheap in that regard. I only play rec hockey so we don't have any team issued jerseys. But it's time for a change. I'm an Avs fan, and I really like their current alternate/third jersey. I've been thinking of picking up the Edge 1.0 or Premier version to be used on the ice when I play, and also to wear around the house. Unfortunately, I haven't heard much about the Reebok Edge or Premier jerseys when it comes to performance on the ice. And the little I have heard hasn't been all that great. It makes me a bit skeptical, but I'm not in any position to run out and get an Edge 2.0 jersey either.

What kinds of jerseys, be it brand or model or version, are you guys wearing when you're playing? Whether you're in a league and it's a team issued jersey or jerseys. Or it's your favourite team's jersey that you have to wear when you play pick up/rec hockey with the guys at 2am on an early Sunday morning. Are you the kind of guy that wears the Authentic jersey out there and puts everyone else's jerseys to shame? I want to know.

And if anyone has been using the Reebok Edge or Premier jerseys over the last couple of years, I'd like to know how they've performed for you.

I look forward to your replies!

My disclaimer: I've read the code of conduct but if there's any obvious rule or policy I'm not following within this topic, please let me know.

my only rule of thumb for practise jerseys is to find ones that are lightweight and super breathable. easton made one years ago that was amazing, but i haven't seen one for a long time. i dont see much of a point in spending a ton of cash on a legit nhl jersey unless your main objective is to display your love for your team, or your desire to "be" the player who's jersey you're wearing. personally, i haven't worn a sports jersey off the playing surface since i was a kid. coincidentally, it was an ave jersey!

We have used K1 jerseys for years on our teams. I love the product and my rep is a great guy, he also does baseball. (inside joke for anyone that knows him)

My beer league team uses the low budget "DJ200" Tron jersey that has very odd fitment. If you go with one of these, be sure to order a size up from what you normally wear, as they are narrow in the torso. They are soft, and breathe relatively well though. Prior to these we had a Reebok one, not sure of the exact model number, but I remember it didn't breathe well at all.

I use the Reebok Edge gamewear uncrested jersey for league/pickup hockey and have zero complaints at all. I like the slimmer fit better and it breathes just fine to me, decent price also.

i use the following:

1) Dallas Stars old 3rd I got on clearance. Nice sweater.

2) Reebok road Atlanta Thrashers pattern (no crest)

3) Kamazu Leafs home (no crest) done up with my fictitious team and silly name. Can you guess what "Pidasso's" first name is?

4) Kamazu uncrested Hawks and Sabres

5) uncrested Reebok Blues road

6) Kamazu orange practice sweater

Is it me or are Winnwell shoulder caps HUGE?!?!? Seriously- I almost need help getting my sweater over the shoulder pads!!!!

my only rule of thumb for practise jerseys is to find ones that are lightweight and super breathable. easton made one years ago that was amazing, but i haven't seen one for a long time. i dont see much of a point in spending a ton of cash on a legit nhl jersey unless your main objective is to display your love for your team, or your desire to "be" the player who's jersey you're wearing. personally, i haven't worn a sports jersey off the playing surface since i was a kid. coincidentally, it was an ave jersey!

I pretty much think the same way. I love practice jerseys because they're incredibly light and breathable. I'm not a big guy (5'9, 145), but I overheat and sweat like crazy - always have. I have a CCM Center Ice black Avalanche jersey that I love. It's a bit big but that doesn't hurt. My other practice jerseys are CCM practice jerseys given to us at a hockey camp put on by a local university. They're pretty much tissue paper in thickness and pretty "holey". On a cold night at the rink, I'd freeze in those on the bench but they're great when you get a good skate on. My last replica jersey was the Avalanche home jersey back when home teams wore white. Bought it when I was a kid so it's not even close to fitting me now, especially with shoulder pads. Thanks for your reply.

We have used K1 jerseys for years on our teams. I love the product and my rep is a great guy, he also does baseball. (inside joke for anyone that knows him)

Haven't heard of the K1 jerseys actually. I'm looking at them right now though. Are they a closer fit like the Edge and Premier jerseys? Being a skinny guy myself, I tend to prefer the closer fit.

I use the Reebok Edge gamewear uncrested jersey for league/pickup hockey and have zero complaints at all. I like the slimmer fit better and it breathes just fine to me, decent price also.

I briefly looked at the uncrested Edge jerseys you're talking about. They look like a pretty good deal. I don't "need" the Avalanche crest, it's a nice to have. I'm really more drawn to the cobalt blue used in the alternate jersey, which is an option in the Edge uncrested gamewear jerseys.

not sure who makes my main team jerseys offhand, but my "practice" and pick up hockey jersey is made by pearsox. Its a nice fit and weight and breathes adequately, and has held up to the abuse fairly well.

i use the following:

1) Dallas Stars old 3rd I got on clearance. Nice sweater.

2) Reebok road Atlanta Thrashers pattern (no crest)

3) Kamazu Leafs home (no crest) done up with my fictitious team and silly name. Can you guess what "Pidasso's" first name is?

4) Kamazu uncrested Hawks and Sabres

5) uncrested Reebok Blues road

6) Kamazu orange practice sweater

Is it me or are Winnwell shoulder caps HUGE?!?!? Seriously- I almost need help getting my sweater over the shoulder pads!!!!

How do you find the Reeboks in terms of performance? And when I say "performance", I really just mean breathable/weight/durability.

Our team uses Athletic Knit (AK) brand jerseys for games with our logo done by highstick.com and cheap warrior practice jerseys otherwise. The AK jerseys are very durable and we like them a lot. Made in Canada.

Our C league crew got a hold of Warrior Sabre practice jerseys (two tone) about 3 years ago. Compared to other basic practice jerseys I had used in the past, these were fantastic.

I ended up buying an extra just to have because I liked it that much. Problem is they don't appear to be made any longer - though I see some random adult and youth sizes here and there online.

If anyone knows of a comparable practice jersey that Warrior is making, I'd like to know. Or - other recommendations of something similar - thanks

Our team uses Athletic Knit (AK) brand jerseys for games with our logo done by highstick.com and cheap warrior practice jerseys otherwise. The AK jerseys are very durable and we like them a lot. Made in Canada.

The AK stuff looks really nice. The Pro series looks to be comparable to the Reebok Edge gamewear series of jerseys. How do you find the cut of the AK jerseys? The reason the Reebok stuff interests me is because I like the close fit style since I'm a skinny guy. I don't personally like the feel of a really loose or baggy jersey, which is pretty much anything I have at the moment except for my Nike Olympic Team Canada jersey.

Kind of related, does anyone happen to know if or how you can get the grey and white practice jerseys used in the NHL? Aside from the Avalanche, I see other teams using the same colour combo. I assume they're basically another version of the Reebok Edge jerseys (maybe the 1.0) but it doesn't seem like they're available for retail.

Variously, I wear:

Kamazu league-issued practice jerseys - typical practice jersey, nothing to write home about.

TPS Response practice jersey - nice, doesn't soak up a lot of sweat, not too warm, but heavy enough to feel like a jersey and not a mesh laundry bag, I like the mesh on the sides and under the arms.

I also have a Starter Avalanche jersey, which is very heavy and fits like a tent (it's something ridiculous like 4XL), but it's comfortable and it was $5 at a local thrift store, so why not? (note, I am not an Avs fan, nor am I anywhere near Colorado.)

I've worn AK (team jersey about the same weight as the TPS jersey but not as breathable), PearSox practice jersey (ran small, not breathable, do not recommend), CCM practice jersey (similar to the Kamazu but stiffer), a Koho replica jersey, a very stiff mesh practice jersey made by Athletic Sewing, which was breathable but which I didn't feel too mobile in. I don't strictly care what a jersey looks like, or where it came from, but I can be very particular about weight/fabric texture if I have a choice in the matter. I prefer looser jerseys but heavier fabric, probably unlike most people in this thread.

Can't stop laughing!

I mean man, it's one thing to be like 'this jersey is so light and breathable, it's like wearing a tee shirt!' and another to be looking down on the bench because you're trying to remember if you're actually wearing a jersey. "Are people not passing to me because I suck, or because they can't tell what team I'm on? ...oh. Not the jersey then."

The NHL practice jerseys are usually only available via the team on a used sale.

As far as EDGE 1.0 is concerned, that model is what the Reebok retail licensed jerseys are considered, as well as the "gamewear" jerseys.

The EDGE 2.0 jersey is an NHL game jersey with the EDGE shadow. The material used is the old reliable heavy airknit fabric on the entire jersey with exception of the back panel.

To my knowledge, I believe only one player still uses EDGE 1.0 in the entire NHL.

For the record, I only wear jerseys we make. :smile:

Thanks for that info. I figured the practice jerseys were only available to the teams. Kind of disappointing, oh well.