Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dools

Straightest blade out there?

Any thoughts and or opinions on what the straightest curve is in a OPS? In Jr I used to use custom Christians and Sherwoods that were perfectly straight. Also used the old Vic Palffy that was almost straight with just a little kink at the heel. When I started playing again, I went with the Drury/Parise .5" heel curve, but would really like something with less curve and loft. Like a pro stock O'Reilly without the goofy toe.

May wan to look at:

Warrior Vanek - short/medium length, fairly straight curve, but a little open. Milder than a Drury

Sherwood PP09 - medium length, fairly straight curve, but a little open. Milder than a Drury, but deeper than the Vanek IMO.

Easton Iginla - short length, a little deeper curve than the Vanek, but not as open.

If you can dig up an old sherwood pro crosby blade, that thing is perfectly straight

The old TPS Hull curve was like that, especially the red composite blades. I would really think about custom blades and a shaft if you want something really straight. I had some wood blades made up to copy the Steve Sullivan pattern a bunch of years ago that had a very mild curve. Now, I use Vanek retail curves.

Mack, where did you get those made at? Are they a OPS?

Chadd, I've thought about blades, I mean, I'm obviously not too hung up on modern styles; but I have been enjoying the durability that my ST's provide.

I picked up a couple of these on ebay during the spring, gave one to my dad and saved the other one to try out myself. It was a little too straight for me, so now it's collecting dust. I've seen a couple others pop up from time to time from the same seller on ebay, but off hand can't remember the sellers info. They are Sherwood with the name "Lomenda" printed on them.

DSC07195_zpsfce84b9c.jpg

Another option though probably not as ideal is the Warrior Savard /Burrows curve as it is pretty darn straight from the heel forward just have to get the feel for the heel.

Chadd, I've thought about blades, I mean, I'm obviously not too hung up on modern styles; but I have been enjoying the durability that my ST's provide.

If you go with the blade option, how about a Roenick pro? Link to eBay auction.