Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Hockey in Utah?

I'm moving from New England to Utah. Anyone know what the ice hockey scene is like out there i.e. is it hard to find ice time/leagues/teams/LHS's, is C level adult hockey there the same skill level as here, etc.?

Utah is a pretty big place, how about narrowing down where your moving to.

Sorry 'bout that. Sandy, UT and I'm willing to drive up to an hour each way.

There's plenty of hockey in the greater SLC area. Youth hockey goes up to the AAA level, there's some WSHL junior teams, ACHA college teams, and a handful of full check, Senior A teams. You should be able to find whatever level you desire.

Hey Neo,

I'm from Salt Lake City. Like others said there is plenty of ice here. Within 20-30 minutes of Sandy there is a rink in Cottonwood, Murray, U of U, Kearns Oval, and the Acord in West Valley and they're all pretty nice. Bountiful, Provo and the Ice Sheet in Weber are nice too but farther away. There's two leagues in the valley, one at the Kearns Oval and a county league that plays at Murray, U of U and Acord. Both leagues have Div 1-4. They're probably not as good as New England's leagues but there's some good players here. Plenty of drop ins through out the week as well. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info.

Eric

Hey Neo,

I'm from Salt Lake City. Like others said there is plenty of ice here. Within 20-30 minutes of Sandy there is a rink in Cottonwood, Murray, U of U, Kearns Oval, and the Acord in West Valley and they're all pretty nice. Bountiful, Provo and the Ice Sheet in Weber are nice too but farther away. There's two leagues in the valley, one at the Kearns Oval and a county league that plays at Murray, U of U and Acord. Both leagues have Div 1-4. They're probably not as good as New England's leagues but there's some good players here. Plenty of drop ins through out the week as well. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info.

Eric

Thanks I really appreciate it! I'll most likely PM you when I get closer to my moving date.