Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hmm, but DLC isn't a proprietary technology.

I like the polished steel and DLC, but I swear I must be the only sharpener in the world who does it correctly, because they always come back honed when customers get it sharpened elsewhere :-/

I can't help but cringe every time I see a pair of RBZ's come in looking like this. I've started to actually mention it to customers now, mostly to increase awareness.

I can't help but cringe every time I see a pair of RBZ's come in looking like this. I've started to actually mention it to customers now, mostly to increase awareness.

Only if you care about aesthetics. Honing has no adverse effect on performance/durability. Talking about the SB Polished of course.

Edited by AIREAYE

The quarter package of the skate has been updated with ribs for additional flex; down spec'd versions of the quarter package extend down to the 26k. You're still getting the Pump, liner and felt tongue from the 20k, however, the SB 4.0 holder which debuted on the RBZ skate is on the Ribcor - but with a black version of the SB steel. The SB Black will also be on the 30k skate as well.

I would like to know if the Ribcor Skates are all new or just a 20k with a new holder and look...

seems like there are not a lot of changes. Haven't seen the skate though.

Edited by Hooah4

If they Ribcor is similar but updated enough with the new holder and steel Im interested. I WOULD HOPE that considering the 20k is the 11k with new graphics and tendon guard that they would make these Ribcors better than the past. Im scared to spend what's probably going to be $750.00 for a skate seeing how the 11k and 20k had a tendency to buckle at the eyelets

If they Ribcor is similar but updated enough with the new holder and steel Im interested. I WOULD HOPE that considering the 20k is the 11k with new graphics and tendon guard that they would make these Ribcors better than the past. Im scared to spend what's probably going to be $750.00 for a skate seeing how the 11k and 20k had a tendency to buckle at the eyelets

They should retail for 650. Reebok has come to realize that their skates are made to be more flexible and therefor more prone to break down, so they lessened the price burden on the consumer.

Really would like to know when the RBZ line comes out. close to buying CL pants now and waiting for the rbz shoulders but would really like to get both from the rbz line. The pants i have now are not protective enough and i have a league starting in 2 weeks.

Edited by Mimart

Was wondering if or when we will hear about Tack skate spec's? In RBZ's now just wondering what the fit is in comparison?

Tacks = Vapors

RBZ's = Supreme

Ribcores = Nexus

.......or somethimg along those lines..........

RBZ more like nexus

Strongly disagree. While there could be people who would fit well in either skate, knowing the fit profiles of each would not have me compare them with much depth.

Heel, instep depth, midfoot and ankle shapes are all noticeably distinguishable from each other for each fit.

IW showing the Ribcor skates on their website saying skates will be available March 28. The specs show the holder being 4mm taller allowing for sharper turns.

I just bought a pair of 18k's for $350 and the 30k is retailing for $399. Is the new holder, blade, and technology worth the added $50?I'm a 53y/o playing in a lower beer league and my 7k's are wearing down.

Can't say that it's a huge technological leap from the 18K. Seems like the identical skate except with a new paint job (more stylish in my opinion). The new holders' benefit is marginal. I doubt the blade difference will be noticeable at your level as I doubt you're sharpening them more than a couple times a month at most. It isn't a huge chunk of cash, but you aren't getting a tone in my opinion for that money.

IW showing the Ribcor skates on their website saying skates will be available March 28. The specs show the holder being 4mm taller allowing for sharper turns.

I just bought a pair of 18k's for $350 and the 30k is retailing for $399. Is the new holder, blade, and technology worth the added $50?I'm a 53y/o playing in a lower beer league and my 7k's are wearing down.

Talked to a CCM rep not too long ago, who said that the RBZ skate is their widest, volume fitting skate, so think Nexus if you're comparing to Bauer. Can't remember with 100% certainty on the Tacks-Ribcor coorelation to Bauer skates; I'll have to email him and get that info down.

Talked to a CCM rep not too long ago, who said that the RBZ skate is their widest, volume fitting skate, so think Nexus if you're comparing to Bauer. Can't remember with 100% certainty on the Tacks-Ribcor coorelation to Bauer skates; I'll have to email him and get that info down.

Slight change of fit on the ribcor with a more rounded heel to match it up with the anatomical fitting supremes, from what I was told. Pump also provides a perfect anatomical lock.

Tacks going with a tapered fit like vapors