Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ulf

any reason my LHS pushes the vapor line

on multiple occasions i had different people try and sell me vapors.

i've always had a semi wide foot and problems on one of them w/ pinching wearing regular sneaks/shoes. so even though i can stuff it in, one foot is unbearable

is the vapor line going to give me more performance,with their vice like fit?

I don't have wide feet, and the Vapors are too tight at the toebox.

I don't know if they make more $ off the Vapor sales or not, but they seem to be a very popular skate.

I can't see how any skate that hurts your feet is gonna help, although loose skates will probably be worse.

Vapors were too tight, Supremes were too wide....ended up with Easton RS...right in the middle for me.

There might be several reasons to this that I've gathered, but to start off, Vapors do not have better margins than Supreme does, it's not about marginal costs.

- Maybe the two that you talked to wear Vapors or have a particular personal affinity with the line?

- Did you try EE?

The main thing that I think is the case is that it's a Vapor year, so LHS' have likely taken the main bulk of their Vapor orders from 2013, while Supreme and Nexus are at the moment, towards the end of their life cycle, making it less likely that a smaller retailer will order a new sizing run given that they will have to discount them soon. There's also low stock in the current Supreme/Nexus models due to the reasons stated.

With Back to Hockey 2014 rolling around during the Spring/Summer, things will gradually shift the other way, with more Supreme and Nexus skates being available and less Vapor as the year progresses.

Simple inventory management cycles.

If it's anything like the LHS in the rink near where I live, it's because "they are the best". They have Vapor, Supreme, and Graf. Nothing else. Again, because those are "the best" and what everyone should be using.

Probably because vapor is the most common skate. From what I have seen, vapor seems to fit the best on most feet. I was suggested a vapor when I last purchased skates, however, supremes have given me a better heel lock.

Not saying this is the case, but working at a LHS has shown me that people:

1. Always think their foot is a lot wider than it is

2. Almost glean a bit of pride from having a wide foot

It could be that you have a vapor width but are too square at the toes to wear them.

When I went to a LHS, I noticed that in the back, they had a ton of vapor line skates (not just APX2s, but x60s, x70s, etc). So it may be an inventory thing. Too much inventory laying around, so they gotta push it out before they have to heavily discount it.

Not saying this is the case, but working at a LHS has shown me that people:

1. Always think their foot is a lot wider than it is

2. Almost glean a bit of pride from having a wide foot

It could be that you have a vapor width but are too square at the toes to wear them.

this i believe..well,..number 1 that is...but there are tweeners to this.......i don't subscribe to the "i have a wide foot, more pride/cool thing reason"

my LHS is big on tight fit, tight heel lock and punch out from there...i'm not saying that's wrong i just found it a little weird being that they had all the brands and lines, and i felt like i was being nudged exclusively to bauer.

my guess is that they think they know better ( and i'm sure in many cases they do) and want you to listen to them. ..it's a good selling point to anyone if they tell you "you will skate better if you let me fit you"..thing is,..they can't feel what you do when the skates are on

I was sold a pair of nike v10s that were size 6d. At that time they fit because i have wide junior sized feet. After a lot of research online i ordered a pair of easton eq50s 4 ee. Even those are a little tight but other than that they fit pretty well.

Talking with one guy at the lhs i mention i want to go custom because my feet are so wide. he suggests bauer vapors. I tell him have you seen my skates? He had widened them. I wish my feet were narrower. I wear a size 7 EEEE sneaker. I can only get new balance because they make widths.

He gets a vapor in my size and i show him theres

no way im getting my feet into that. He agrees lol. They dont have my size in the nexus. This is just one story but i feel if someone is pushing a particular brand and model theres something going on in the background.

I don't work at a skate shop, but after trying on a bunch of skates, I would never have a guy with a foot like yours try on a Vapor skate.