Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

The stick is about an inch short of Eastons(for comparison). Mine came in at 406grams, super light stick...down to 394 grams after I cut it. It has pretty good puck feel and the pucks fly off the blade. The wall thickness of the shaft is rather thin compared to other sticks, I'm hoping that difference doesn't hurt durability.

JR, if I'm not mistaken I believe in the past you were st the warrior facilities and mentioned you tested one of the prototype sticks and you were very impressed with it. If you are even allowed to tell us, is the qr1 that stick or have any similarities to it.

I didn't test anything.

It was the QR1. Keith left it on the rack and I spotted it out.

Gotta work up to it. Took me a while to hit 2000 :P

Ha, I'm running a 4:1 ratio.

The stick is about an inch short of Eastons(for comparison). Mine came in at 406grams, super light stick...down to 394 grams after I cut it. It has pretty good puck feel and the pucks fly off the blade. The wall thickness of the shaft is rather thin compared to other sticks, I'm hoping that difference doesn't hurt durability.

The QR1 is only 406grams?

The QR1 is only 406grams?

That's what mine came in at and it's a grip stick(sticks ship at about 59" long). The grip is rather minimal, doesn't have a ton of coverage and looses it's tackiness extremely quick.

Everyone that picked it up commented on how light the stick is.

That's what mine came in at and it's a grip stick(sticks ship at about 59" long). The grip is rather minimal, doesn't have a ton of coverage and looses it's tackiness extremely quick.

Everyone that picked it up commented on how light the stick is.

That's odd, I never even noticed the weight.

That's odd, I never even noticed the weight.

Same here. Until TBLFan said something, I hadn't even considered it close to a EK15

...I also noticed a "big difference" in wall thickness compared to my Mako II(which seems close to standard across the board)...turned out to be about 0.32mm thinner. I notice stuff like that *shrug*

Edit: The difference in weight of that same Mako II(with same pattern as QR1), is only a 31 gram difference at the same length plus tape/wax...something worth noting but I don't think you'd be able to tell on the ice.

I definitely noticed the thinness of the shaft as well. I feel like it just feels better in my hands.

Got its first usage today, didn't take too many shots with it, but from the shots I did take, the blade has a TON of feel. I like the way the grip is on this, hopefully it lasts more than TBL's has. Using a different curve on this (W88, usually a Burrows/Stamkos guy) and I'm also experimenting with a longer stick now, so it'll take a bit of getting used to, along with me trying to break in new skates as well. However, very impressed with the first use.

Well I won one on the Warrior VIP but they sent me the wrong handed stick (got a right handed stick and Im a lefty) and wrong flex (not that i'd care if it was at least the correct handedness) but Warrior "cant do anything to rectify the situation" so my two cents on reviewing it, is that its very light and looks nice. Really wish I could have used it. Kinda soured my feelings towards Warrior hockey too...

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to take that stick off your hands. :)

Haha, Im sure there would be! Be much better if I could use it though!

Well I won one on the Warrior VIP but they sent me the wrong handed stick (got a right handed stick and Im a lefty) and wrong flex (not that i'd care if it was at least the correct handedness) but Warrior "cant do anything to rectify the situation" so my two cents on reviewing it, is that its very light and looks nice. Really wish I could have used it. Kinda soured my feelings towards Warrior hockey too...

Hand/curve/flex selection was scrollable. I had to catch myself when I chose mine.

Since the sticks are early, that's why they can't rectify the situation. They only made a batch for the VIPs.

If you don’t mind, please brief me on what the story is behind this stick that makes it different/better than the DT line.

Hand/curve/flex selection was scrollable. I had to catch myself when I chose mine.

Since the sticks are early, that's why they can't rectify the situation. They only made a batch for the VIPs.

Unfortunately the selection was pretty limited, especially if you don't like mid curves.

I agree but I'm sure they just tried to forecast by offering common curves.

It seems like at least half the players anymore use Sakic/P92 , so it's understandable. It's just frustrating for people like me.

Hats off to Keith at Warrior though, he found a way to make it right and exchange what they sent, so when I send them the RH one back and get my LH one I'll give it a better review!

If you don’t mind, please brief me on what the story is behind this stick that makes it different/better than the DT line.

The gist is that they were able to quantify puck release in milliseconds through testing; this is their fastest.

That, new materials and a weight of 410g.

We will post all of the specs on July 1.

It's really amazing to see how they managed to combine their well balanced stick and puck feeling now also with an unprecedented weight. Realized that during World Champions & Play offs quite a large number of Players already switched to The new QR1.

Except, that weight has been done before. Not trying to rain on that parade, just don't want people thinking that this weight class stick is new. In fact, its almost 10 years ago that the first stick came out at this weight class. It also had a hell of a release.

Zach