Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

Whats with all the huge hooks now? They're slowly killing all the milder hooks one by one....have we given up on the backhand completely?

I have been using the big toe curves since before it was cool to use them and my backhand is just fine. I have no trouble roofing a backhand from inside the crease...and I can do it with just about any curve. A good backhand comes down more to practice, form and muscle memory.

I have been using the big toe curves since before it was cool to use them and my backhand is just fine. I have no trouble roofing a backhand from inside the crease...and I can do it with just about any curve. A good backhand comes down more to practice, form and muscle memory.

A real toe curve is probably the easiest blade to catch, pass and shoot on the backhand, they tend to be pretty flat for a longer portion of the blade than mids or even heel curves. Big mid curves are actually the hardest blades to use on the backhand, but with practice, can work well enough.

A real toe curve is probably the easiest blade to catch, pass and shoot on the backhand, they tend to be pretty flat for a longer portion of the blade than mids or even heel curves. Big mid curves are actually the hardest blades to use on the backhand, but with practice, can work well enough.

You'd think so but I've use true toe curves and what everyone calls toe curves...and big heels, wedges and nearly straight blades. I have the best, most accurate backhand with a big heel Lidstrom/Getzlaf curve, I think it has something to do with the consistent curve and amount of time the puck stays in contact with the blade. Actually, I had an issue with true toe curves(like a pro Rafalski) where the toe would deflect my own backhand as I was following through, I guess you'd need to increase or decrease the "closing" of the blade to follow the curve or keep it out of the way.

I find with toe curves you can't use the whole blade, you really need to shorten your movement and get it off quickly

Six games this weekend gave me my first good thoughts about the QR1, and I have to say it's a very good one. The original Dolomite was one of my favorite sticks I'd ever used, but, the QR1 is quickly taking over the best Warrior stick I've used title. Puck feel is great, shots come off very nice. Haven't had any issues yet with losing grip, and I've taken a bunch of hacks with nothing other than a slight paint chip. Took a couple games to get used to the low kickpoint as I'd been used to using mid/high kickpoints for a while, but once I was dialed in, it started responding really well. Only thing I'd have to say is a con is the flex. Definitely plays stiffer than a 75, and especially more whippy than my Gear 150S, but, it's by no means a dealbreaker.

There you go, Tyler :wink:

I find with toe curves you can't use the whole blade, you really need to shorten your movement and get it off quickly

I agree with you somewhat. I use the whole blade when passing. What you have described sounds like my wrist shot (my preferred shot).

I personally think the QR1 is noticeably better than the DT1's and DT1LT's that I have used. Tough to beat a hot sale but if we are comparing the DT1 and the QR1 without looking at price I'd still take my QR1.

which Warrior twigs have you tried out?

Back in the day the old Mac daddy, was using Easton at the time, just felt really stiff for an 85. I have a widow, it's alright, but just like the apx better, and I've used a dt2, which was also ok. I just like the feel that I get from Bauer. That's not just on the apx, it was on the x60 and the nexus too.

Used the stick for the first time last night, really liked it. The response felt great and felt like my shot had a little more to it once i got used to the curve change. Very light, pretty durable as I got hacked pretty hard and the stick held up. Overall really like it and will be my new go to stick!

I haven't been able to give mine much of a workout due to my concussion issues over the last couple months, but I have used it in warmups before games on a few nights. Unfortunately, I then headed to the locker room when the game started. That said, I have been impressed with the feel and pop of the stick. I have used 85 flex widows in the past but I jumped up to 100 flex to make sure that the stick didn't twist on slappers. I've also had to change my shooting mechanics to use the W28 pattern. I really wish the stick had been available in a more comfortable curve, but it I know a lot of people prefer mids and toes. I will try and get my full write up posted by the end of the week, looking forward to my first game this week.

Just saw on the warrior twitter account that the QR1 will only be available at select retail outlets in Canada..if anyone knows why.....any particular reason for that?

spoke to my LHS and they can do a special order for me, but was just curious....

Whoever is in charge of designing Warrior's stick deserves a medal.

Very clean recognizable across the line. I like the direction they have gone graphically.

So the QR Pro, whats the difference with that? What makes it pro?

I was about to ask the same thing. My guess is that its the new ST version? similar to DT 1 ST but with different notation to separate it from the LT line more in peoples minds.

Just saw on the warrior twitter account that the QR1 will only be available at select retail outlets in Canada..if anyone knows why.....any particular reason for that?

spoke to my LHS and they can do a special order for me, but was just curious....

I'm in the US but hockey supremacy has them up for pre order if you can purchase online

I was about to ask the same thing. My guess is that its the new ST version? similar to DT 1 ST but with different notation to separate it from the LT line more in peoples minds.

That's what I'm thinking too. Makes a lot of sense since they changed the DT2 to the DT1 ST and had the ST also labelled as a top tier stick. I believe Miseaujeu also mentioned how a lot of pros preferred a high fused stick like the ST vs the LT. So Warrior went one step further to name it the QR Pro. Brilliant if you think about it.

I agree w chadd and flip. IMO, their early gen, blackslpoitation, sexual innuendo based marketing theme was disgusting and a primary reason I never considered buying anything warrior but they're headed in the right direction. Get rid of names like nipple grip and fiveway or whatever and I'll consider them a real hockey equip manufacturer.