Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

E-Pro to Speed Blade

I have a pair of ccm CLs and the e-pro holder broke (from a slap shot). Hockey Monkey used the speed holder for warranty replacement.

I gave it an honest go skating in the new speed holder for a few months. I play 2-3 times per week.

While some aspects of my skating were improved, like straight forward speed and tighter turns, I just could not adjust to other aspects: crossovers and starts/stops. sometimes I felt like I was swimming in them.

If you can get them for cheap and your LHS can change them out for you quickly go ahead and give it a go. But I wouldn't pay retail for them and I am skeptical about buying ccm/rbk specifically due to the new holder.

I have a pair of ccm CLs and the e-pro holder broke (from a slap shot). Hockey Monkey used the speed holder for warranty replacement.

I gave it an honest go skating in the new speed holder for a few months. I play 2-3 times per week.

While some aspects of my skating were improved, like straight forward speed and tighter turns, I just could not adjust to other aspects: crossovers and starts/stops. sometimes I felt like I was swimming in them.

If you can get them for cheap and your LHS can change them out for you quickly go ahead and give it a go. But I wouldn't pay retail for them and I am skeptical about buying ccm/rbk specifically due to the new holder.

How did it effect your backward skating? I'm guessing it pitched you forward a little.

As I recall, the Speed Blade was designed to be similar to Tuuk as far as factory pitch and having a 9' radius instead of the stock 10' of the EPro.