Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickstrike32

CCM RBZ skate durability

Happy Thanksgiving hockey brothers!I mean that.This passion for ice/roller hockey gives us all something in common.I meant no disrespect to anyone on this board.Everyone be safe.

GO PENS!

I was surprised CCM stuck with those eyelets in the RBZ. They seem to be some type of lightweight aluminum alloy. My son's last two pairs of skates were U+12s and CLs which had a similar eyelet, from when he was 10 to 14. We live in Florida so it's hot and humid and my son skates 5+/- times a week. With the sweat, heat and humidity those eyelets would simply disintegrate/turn into white dust. We replaced around half of them over time. Not a huge deal, pro shop treats us right and most were replaced free of charge. The higher up in the boot, the more likely destruction. He's now in pro stock RBZs which have a more traditional steel eyelet and we've had no problems. But the stock RBZ eyelets just don't belong in a high end skate.

I have a pro stock pair and had to take them to get the tendon guard area re-stitched, other than that they have been brilliant! Great skates for sure. I wouldn't mind getting the rivets replaced as I tend not to take my orthotics out after I use them.