Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUINS_FAN_74

Step Steel V

Anyone else here use Step Steel V? Just got a brand new pair and after one two hour session, they feel like they need a sharpen again? Maybe it just feels that way from being on different ice yesterday? Or maybe I was just rusty as hell yesterday, maybe a mix of both. First skate on them felt amazing, especially edges.

Run the back of your middle-finger nail at a 45 degree angle with a down motion across the inside/outside edges. If it scrapes off a bit of your nail, then you're good to go. If there's none and it just runs across the nail smoothly, then it'll need a sharpening.

Old technique but still applicable!

Yeah, I can tell it's 7/16 and was thinking it might take few sharpens to get them to keep a good edge. Not too sure if the did a cross grind on them, the place I bought them from is in Canada and I had them sent to me.

With the stock blades on my RBZ skates I was able to use the heel of the blade quite easily, but with the step steel, I'm not able to use the heel area all that easy. My skating feels a bit different with the step steel. Anyone else find a bit of a "learning curve" when switching to Step?

When I first got step v, coming from ls2, my balance was thrown off much more than I expected. I recently profiled them to match ls2. Hoping that does the trick.

I really can't see the added height of the steel throwing me off that much. I'm a high level skater and immediately felt these issues relieved when I went back to a new set of ls2. Any thoughts? Much appreciated.