Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingofnooyork

Closest Warrior Curve to Bauer Kane?

Just note that there is a difference in the lie between a Bauer P88 (Lie 6) and a Warrior W88 (Lie 4). Basically the lower the lie, the lower the body will need to be the ice (also, those who use lower lies tend to have longer sticks than the "standard" height as well).

Picked up 2 of the Covert DT1s at HM in the zetterberg pattern.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hockey-stick-covert-dt1lt-clr-sr.html

$255 out the door free shipping! Im actually hoping the lie is slightly lower. I add almost 2" to the standard bauer length and have issues scooping the puck up on the boards at times with the 6 lie.

Hopefully they treat me well. Was not really feeling the Nexus 1000's.

Those Warrior sticks are longer then bauer sticks so feel it out beforr adding an extention. Still repping my dt1 for the past 2 years.

Yeah looking forward to this. Annoying to have to add length. I tried the Bauers for a couple games at standard length and i just cant get the blade to flex as well / slappers are not as hard either. The one thing i liked about the shorter length was a little better puck control away from the body. Hoping this Warrior with lower lie will give me the same feel without losing length.

I've heard the DT1s are kind of like the Vapors of Warrior line. Might have to get used to the different kick point. Or it could just be all bullshit.

Hoping this Warrior with lower lie will give me the same feel without losing length.

I've heard the DT1s are kind of like the Vapors of Warrior line. Might have to get used to the different kick point. Or it could just be all bullshit.

Once again it has the same lie.

It is since they are a rounder shaped shaft and mainly a lower kick stick. warriors sticks have a better feel and shot once youre used to them IMHO. vapors may be a little better at stick handling bc the shaft is slightly smaller and rounder and easier to twist in hand.

A 6 lie in bauer is equal to a 4 in warrior? Im not sure this is correct. I held warrior stick next to bauer; lie difference was pretty obvious (bauer 6 to warrior 4)

They are identicle, my apx p88 kane is exact to me warrior dt1 w88 zetterberg. exact. many companies no longer do lie listings bc they arnt universal and it confuses consumers.

Then what is the Bauer equiv to a Warrior 5 lie if a 4 is identical to bauer 6?

There doesn't have to be exact scales of equivalency. There are other factors that effect a lie measurement by the different manufacturers, etc. measuring differently doesn't necessarily mean using just a different number scale, and moving up one or two because you think its cool, it can come up with different numbers entirely.

I suppose there are a number of factors in play. What may feel different to me may not be through another's perspective. Seems there are conflicting opinions though. Ill have to judge for myself when i start using them.

My son who is insanely picky about the small details in equipment, skates, steel and sticks has used the Warrior Zetterburg and Bauer Kane off and on for almost 5 years. Hold one next to the other and they are basically absolutely identical, curve, lie and rocker. I just went through this at Christmas as he wanted to go back to the Kane after a lengthy period of using exclusively Zetterbergs. Not wanting to dump cash on the wrong lie (got burned once) I carefully examined them in the pro shop. They're identical.

I suppose there are a number of factors in play. What may feel different to me may not be through another's perspective. Seems there are conflicting opinions though. Ill have to judge for myself when i start using them.

Dude, you're confusing yourself.

Straight from the Warrior reps mouth, they are identical when it comes to curve pattern. exact. differences in kickpoint and shaft dimensions will be there, but the pattern is the same.

They are identicle, my apx p88 kane is exact to me warrior dt1 w88 zetterberg. exact. many companies no longer do lie listings bc they arnt universal and it confuses consumers.

Yes you are correct. I think the extra length gives the illusion theres a different angle but once i cut it down the warrior 4 lie is identical to the bauer 6 lie.