Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal

Oggie Grips Still Available

I visited Joe only briefly when I was back east, because traffic was unreal and service was slow when I took my aunt to lunch earlier.

We quickly went over some of the changes he's made to the grips, including (I think) going to carbon cores for more consistency and greater range of flex. I believe this has led to the Ergo's becoming less of a departure from the norm -- which I admit I'm not sure I like, although I'll reserve judgement -- as well as being available in youth size.

Another change that he liked from a presentation perspective -- I believe for marketing purposes -- is a more uniform look in the "taping." I asked him when he was going to ask the players for testimonials, and he said he almost feels insincere doing so, that he feels funny modifying the grips for each player and then turning around and asking for their reference. So I'm going to do that for him. One of the leading scorers in the league has been using the grips for three years, and three of the leading scorers for the B's use the grips, one of whom said, "Just take a picture with me and the grip and put it on your site."

Yes that is the email I have been using. Hopefully they will updae the website soon. In the meantime, if you get any more news please post it here.

Does anyone know the address of Oggie Grip to send my grip sample for making custom grip?
I sent messages via facebook, Flickr and email but I've not been able to receive a reply from him.

22190674831_38a4b6c231.jpg

Probably there are a few people on this thread who have ordered custom grip once or more and also know the address.

How do you remember that?

You might as well just accept that the company is done.

That sux, but at least brings some resolution.

I read through this thread thinking "Oh this sounds cool, and there's an update from this October!.."

But with all the back and forth, it's nice to hear someone admit that it's probably a lost cause.

zTqvGyg.jpg

Finally I did it. Copied my custom grip with wooden core and epoxy resin.
I posted on similar photo on Show it off thread though, at the time it was not perfect yet.

One grip cost roughly 5~10$ after making silicon mold.
If Oggiegrip has still working, probably I didn't think to make my grip by myself.