Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Easton E700 Helmet

Tried one on in the store today as they're going on some heavy clearance. Noticed that when I wear the helmet, due to the one-piece design, there's actually a gap between the back of my head and the back of the helmet, even though the giro system grips my head well. Is this normal? My buddy gave me a light whap on the back of the head and I couldn't feel it, so I'm assuming it fits right. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and I just wanted to make sure this was normal before I bought it, because the teenagers managing the stores were of no help.

Tried one on in the store today as they're going on some heavy clearance. Noticed that when I wear the helmet, due to the one-piece design, there's actually a gap between the back of my head and the back of the helmet, even though the giro system grips my head well. Is this normal? My buddy gave me a light whap on the back of the head and I couldn't feel it, so I'm assuming it fits right. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and I just wanted to make sure this was normal before I bought it, because the teenagers managing the stores were of no help.

Yes, that is how it should fit

From experience: Just giving you a "heads up," the interior padding has been known to soak up a ton of sweat and after awhile the sweat will drain down your face or head. This, also, is what makes the helmet heavy and why it takes so long to dry.

I've since sold mine mainly due to the fact that the back latch system didn't hold its position and kept sliding to the largest setting (the back strap gave me pressure points along the sides of my head as well). Also, due to the design, it gave me a bobble head look.

There's a reason it's on clearance and why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Good ideas (bringing a bike inspired helmet to the hockey world) that just won't stand up to practical application and reliable protection.

From experience: Just giving you a "heads up," the interior padding has been known to soak up a ton of sweat and after awhile the sweat will drain down your face or head. This, also, is what makes the helmet heavy and why it takes so long to dry.

I've since sold mine mainly due to the fact that the back latch system didn't hold its position and kept sliding to the largest setting (the back strap gave me pressure points along the sides of my head as well). Also, due to the design, it gave me a bobble head look.

There's a reason it's on clearance and why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Good ideas (bringing a bike inspired helmet to the hockey world) that just won't stand up to practical application and reliable protection.

You guys must sweat a lot more than I do. The E700 is the lightest helmet, and after playing a game, it's still lighter than the rest of my teammates'. I've never had trouble with sweat running down my face unless I spray myself with water.

A few reports of to much sweat accumulation is hardly a reason to dish the helmet. It has been in circulation for 3 years, like many other companies, time to move on to another incarnation. What about the Warrior 360, also on clearance, purportedly the 'safest' helmet out there also on clearance. Taking the helmet out and airing will dry the pads overnight. One instance of the latch system not working for you is not a sufficient reason to trash the helmet. More of a question if you actually had the proper helmet and fit. The 6 players I know who use this helmet have had no complaints, this I know is anecdotal evidence, but this is what we deal with here, other that JR who probably has access to a wealth of data not available to me and you.

^ The reason why it's on clearance, according to my LHS, is that there's a new helmet coming out from Easton under the Stealth or Synergy line (I forget).

I went back to my hockey store and picked it up. Playing a game in it in about half an hour. This'll be interesting. It's actually incredibly light and I love the way it fits. I'm moving from a Bauer Re-Akt, which while incredibly comfortable, the poron has stiffened a bit at the temples and puts enough pressure on them that it gives me a touch of a headache by the third period.

I have the sweat running down my face issue with any non-VN foam helmet.

^ The reason why it's on clearance, according to my LHS, is that there's a new helmet coming out from Easton under the Stealth or Synergy line (I forget).

I went back to my hockey store and picked it up. Playing a game in it in about half an hour. This'll be interesting. It's actually incredibly light and I love the way it fits. I'm moving from a Bauer Re-Akt, which while incredibly comfortable, the poron has stiffened a bit at the temples and puts enough pressure on them that it gives me a touch of a headache by the third period.

It's and amazing helmet (if it fits your head). I'm a big fan of the Giro tech behind it and love how light it is. It also looks good!

I have three (2 med and a small), love them! A few issues you are going to run into though, if you are between sizes go smaller and the biggest setting for the gyro as i have found the pads compress over time and the helmet "opens up" a bit.

Also when you wash the pads, make sure it is on cold water and a super mild detergent and do not do anything except air dry them or the covering of the pad that actually sticks to the velcro will peel off.

I use a reakt cage on one and it still weighs less than my 4500 with a visor on it. If you are a cage person you can definitely size up, i have an XL on a med helmet with no issues.

I have three (2 med and a small), love them! A few issues you are going to run into though, if you are between sizes go smaller and the biggest setting for the gyro as i have found the pads compress over time and the helmet "opens up" a bit.

Also when you wash the pads, make sure it is on cold water and a super mild detergent and do not do anything except air dry them or the covering of the pad that actually sticks to the velcro will peel off.

I use a reakt cage on one and it still weighs less than my 4500 with a visor on it. If you are a cage person you can definitely size up, i have an XL on a med helmet with no issues.

The medium actually squeezes my temples, so I went with a large. I use the smallest setting bsck-to-front but the largest "side/occipital" setting.

Comfortable, lightweight, and I don't have any sweat issues!

My son has 3 and I have 1. He wears the Re-Akt cage with his. The E700 is absolutely insanely light, nothing else comes close. There's only so much comfort padding, it doesn't absorb much and dries quickly. Even if I held the helmet in a tub full of water, it would still be one of the lightest helmets on the market. Sweat is much less of a problem than your typical gel pad helmet that absorbs nothing at all.

My son has 3 and I have 1. He wears the Re-Akt cage with his. The E700 is absolutely insanely light, nothing else comes close. There's only so much comfort padding, it doesn't absorb much and dries quickly. Even if I held the helmet in a tub full of water, it would still be one of the lightest helmets on the market. Sweat is much less of a problem than your typical gel pad helmet that absorbs nothing at all.

Holy crap. This helmet is amazing. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, and I feel nothing at all whenever I get a whap against it (high sticks, etc.). It's comfortable, the pads actually absorb my sweat really well and doesn't drip down, but doesn't weigh me down at all. The first helmet I've worn (I've tried all four brands' EPP helmets) that doesn't dig into my temples. My new favourite.

With Easton popping out with new Synergy/Stealth helmets, might be worth picking a few up as I just picked one up for 80 bucks.

I sweat like a pig and just played four games in less than 48 hours without any problems.

Best helmet I have ever owned. I've been wearing mine for going on 2 years. I'm a sweater (not the wool kind) so I wear a skull cap under any helmet, but I find this one to be on the cool side.

I used to where one of these back in high school. We got them my senior year when they were brand new. Just a heads up the plastic on the out side cracks off pretty easily. we broke atleast ten of them to the point where they couldn't be used. So just a heads up the plastic on the outside can chip off if ya take a anything to the to the head.

The first time round I checked it out was in the Sportchek on Broadway, which wasn't the best service. Ended up driving out the The Hockey Shop in Surrey and picked one up there.

The first time round I checked it out was in the Sportchek on Broadway, which wasn't the best service. Ended up driving out the The Hockey Shop in Surrey and picked one up there.

Nice! Yeah sportschek is garbage. The people there often work the whole store and don't really have much knowledge about hockey, whereas The hockey shop is strictly hockey so they know their stuff. A lot more helpful too.

Nice! Yeah sportschek is garbage. The people there often work the whole store and don't really have much knowledge about hockey, whereas The hockey shop is strictly hockey so they know their stuff. A lot more helpful too.

Yeap! I mix my gear purchases between Cyclone Taylor's on Oak (it's closer to UBC, John and Brent are brilliant, and Darren is brilliant with all things skates service), and The Hockey Shop because their inventory is insane. Jesse from The Hockey Shop did my custom Easton gloves.

I have two 600s and they are by far the most comfortable helmets I have worn. The pads inside do soak up a lot but I have never had an issue where it runs down my face. When I get home I take a paper towel and try to soak up the excess sweat to speed up drying time.