Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

I know people have posted occasionally about something to put in the toe box to reduce the open space. I saw these being reviewed on youtube. Nothing amazing about them it seems, but someone that is commercially selling a solution made by Adrenaline Design. I've spent far more on many a dumb thing so I ordered a pair to test out as I hate the open space feeling above my toes. I'll post a review once I get them and try them for a bit.

So you can see what they are: (mods remove if not allowed) http://adrenalinedesign.ca/powerfoot/

• Like 3

After wearing Makos for a couple years now, and therefore being used to zero negative space in the toe cap, I think this makes a lot of sense. May not be for everyone but I know I definitely like not having extra space in there!

Will say they have good service so far. Ordered them late last night and got email from them this morning that they shipped out and suggestions on the use for my skates. Suggested trying with additional shim piece before adhering since Bauer toe box tends to be taller than other brands.

• Like 2

I need to try these, I curl my toes in all sports, One time a very good wake board boat driver told me not to curl my toes! I thought how does he know I'm doing that? I have been aware about toes curling ever since.

• Like 1

I need to try these, I curl my toes in all sports, One time a very good wake board boat driver told me not to curl my toes! I thought how does he know I'm doing that? I have been aware about toes curling ever since.

I do the same thing i curl my toes and don't even notice I'm doing it. I just installed the power foot Ill b trying them in a game tonight but just standing in them i can feel there gonna be a big help.

• Like 1

How dense is the foam?

It's not that dense it's soft. Last night I played first game with them in my skates and wow what a noticeable difference. I was not curling my toes my pushed had more power for sure. They feel great and perform as advertised

So I order two sets this AM, and within a few hours I get this:

Congrats on your POWERFOOT order! Just to let you know, your order shipped today from Montreal. You should be receiving your POWERFOOT inserts (1 X SR, 1 X JR) within the next 5-8 business days. On you order, you mentioned that you’re wearing Easton Mako skates. These skates have a low profile toe cap compared to Bauer and CCM/Reebok skates. So, sometimes when I size a player with Mako skates, the “regular” POWERFOOT inserts are actually too thick. So, what I’ve done is include in your shipment, a thinner pair of inserts (with a “Mako” label on them) at no extra cost along with the “regular” POWERFOOT inserts. This “Mako” inserts may actually fit you better depending on the size of your toes and how tight you like your skates. What I recommend you do is take one “regular” POWERFOOT insert (the blue one) and one thinner “Mako” insert (the black one) and try one in each skate. Be sure NOT to remove the adhesive strips until you know which one fits better! After lacing up your skates, you should be able to tell within 1-2 minutes which one is best for you. And, if you go with the “Mako” inserts, you’ll have the “regular” inserts to pass onto a friend! If you have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to drop me an email. Otherwise, you can check out our website at www.adrenalinedesign.ca where you’ll find all kinds of info to help you (e.g., instructional videos, FAQs, etc.). Have a great day!

Rob

Simply amazing customer service. Also, be aware that they have a thinner version available, although I did not see it listed on the website.

Edited by talkintothemike
  • Like 1

I did that too and I read that it's very bad for the bottom of your foot. It puts lots of stress and can lead to injuries.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/555042-how-to-prevent-toes-from-curling-in-running-shoes/

• Like 1

BTW I have had a dislocated toe for a while now and have no idea how it happened (been to Dr and healing). Pretty sure now this is how it happened.

BTW I have had a dislocated toe for a while now and have no idea how it happened (been to Dr and healing). Pretty sure now this is how it happened.

I just saw this insert review by hockey tutorial and he does say something about foot injuries.

• Like 1

Great product, something so simplistic and it actually works. I ordered them with my skates being listed as mako and they sent me the new inserts they had specifically for makos. They are a smaller profile to fit the shallow toe box

• Like 1

I ordered these inserts a month or two ago and have played a handful of games on them so far. Wow, what a difference! You can really feel it in your stride and front cross overs. Highly recommend them.

• Like 1

Ordered a pair for my APX2's. Always liked the tight toebox on the Makos, interesting to see if/how they affect my skating.

• Like 1

Hey Guys...

New to this forum and hockey forums in general. I’m looking forward to bringing some of the dressing room chat and banter to the interwebz. I also work for Adrenaline the Sport Innovation Company that invented the POWERFOOT and wanted to make sure we have a presence here without spamming anyone.

I'm excited to talk hockey as well as address any questions comments and feedback players may have on the POWERFOOT.

That being said - it's great to see all the great feedback here!

Looks great. Ordering some this week. Cheers for the post!

Ordered a pair for my APX2's. Always liked the tight toebox on the Makos, interesting to see if/how they affect my skating.

Hey Guys... thanks for the support! How did it go?

My 11yo peewee son loves his Powerfoot in his Mako M8's. As mentioned above, Adrenaline Design has some of the best customer service I've ever seen, in any industry, and seriously, for $20 or so, why not give it a shot!?

During practice yesterday, they were doing lots of corner battle drills and my son is already one of the best player on the team at protecting the puck and battling along the boards. A coach for the bantams, who hasn't seen him play lately, watched him winning just about every 50/50 and hanging on the puck, came up to me and complimented how nicely he's coming along... Ever since he's been wearing his Powerfoot inserts, I've noticed my kid's skating has improved so much along with his new Mako's. My kid tells me that he feels more in touch with the ice and his crossovers, edges & crosby's are stronger than ever. Very happy with my purchase of the Powerfoot and I'll be getting a pair for myself soon!

• Like 1

Inserts made my skates more comfortable as I expected. Haven't noticed any performance gains though. Anyway, I'm a happy customer.

• Like 1

Great product, something so simplistic and it actually works. I ordered them with my skates being listed as mako and they sent me the new inserts they had specifically for makos. They are a smaller profile to fit the shallow toe box

How did you stick them to the top of the toe box? Mine feel like they've got tounge felt there. I want to order them, but I'd like to make sure they're comparable with my mako ii's