Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

17 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

I just got mine, I feel like I am in between no shim and shim lol....do these soften up a little bit? 

Hey Brandon, have you skated on them yet?

edit ** And welcome to Team POWERFOOT!

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

Go with one skate with the shim and the other without, then see which fit you prefer. They will compress over time, but I wouldn't say significantly.  Like I previously posted I attached the shims to my inserts, but don't have them permanently attached to the toecap.  My next test is to see at what point I need to replace mine.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, brandonthequick said:

No I play tonight 

Mojo made a great suggestion above, you can try both during the game to get a feel for it.  

I will tell you that I had one guy tell me in warm up they were really snug, almost too much [with no shim] and after the game he said he was going to add the shim. The truth is that it's a completely different feel to the front of your skates and often it takes a few minutes or periods to get fully used to them. If you feel in between before skating it's probably safe to say you'll end up going with the shim. Remember not to use the adhesiveness before you're sure. 

Let us know how it goes!

Used mine in Mako M8's for the first time today. When I first put my skates on with them in, I thought they felt a little tight and maybe unnecessary in Mako's which are already low volume. Skating with them though I didn't notice they were there, very comfy. I'm interested to wear them a few more times to really get used to the feel and then take them out and see how different skating feels. I haven't skated in about a month before today so I couldn't really do a good comparison.

• Like 1

I wore mine for the first time on Wednesday, I think I need to re-bake my skates with these in them because I had the worst pain ever in the middle of my foot when I took my skate off I could barely stand up, the problem is I already baked my skates twice so I don't really wanna do it again. They were super comfortable when I tried them on before hand I guess they are just not for me. If I baked my skates again I think they would be good to go with these but I don't like baking skates more than twice. Oh well, if anyone wants my pair I used them for one skate I can send them to you if you pay shipping :) message me

On 5/19/2016 at 4:39 PM, sectachrome said:

Used mine in Mako M8's for the first time today. When I first put my skates on with them in, I thought they felt a little tight and maybe unnecessary in Mako's which are already low volume. Skating with them though I didn't notice they were there, very comfy. I'm interested to wear them a few more times to really get used to the feel and then take them out and see how different skating feels. I haven't skated in about a month before today so I couldn't really do a good comparison.

So far so good! Welcome to Team POWERFOOT! Be sure to keep us updated.

12 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

I wore mine for the first time on Wednesday, I think I need to re-bake my skates with these in them because I had the worst pain ever in the middle of my foot when I took my skate off I could barely stand up, the problem is I already baked my skates twice so I don't really wanna do it again. They were super comfortable when I tried them on before hand I guess they are just not for me. If I baked my skates again I think they would be good to go with these but I don't like baking skates more than twice. Oh well, if anyone wants my pair I used them for one skate I can send them to you if you pay shipping :) message me

Hey Brandon,

That's no good! I have sent your message to Rob (founder / inventor) , we'll try and figure out why this is happening. Hold on to your pair for now, there may still be hope for you ;) Feel free to DM me your contact info so we can track your order and communicate through email, unless you prefer DM here. Let me know. 

Question.....I put these in my jetspeed's.  Love them.  I may get some Bauer speed plate insoles.  It will require backing again.  Will this cause issues with the power foot?

13 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Question.....I put these in my jetspeed's.  Love them.  I may get some Bauer speed plate insoles.  It will require backing again.  Will this cause issues with the power foot?

Hey mjpisat, We've had this question a lot lately and I had passed it over to Rob [inventor/founder] and he said the following - "The inserts will deform if they’re exposed to excessive heat. Wouldn’t recommend it. "

You can try removing them carefully before and attempt to stick them back in after.

As I've mentioned I no longer stick mine in but, before I went that route I had actually ripped my POWERFOOT out post game a few times to show to a few guys and I was able to get them to more or less stay put after.

Or wing it and hope for the best ;)

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

I took the shims out of a previous pair that was used for approx 3 mos. and re applied them to a new pair without any problems. Before that I had to re position them a few times before I found the best spot for me. I think it will be fine. 

15 minutes ago, OldCY said:

I took the shims out of a previous pair that was used for approx 3 mos. and re applied them to a new pair without any problems. Before that I had to re position them a few times before I found the best spot for me. I think it will be fine. 

Hey OldCY! Just curious, why'd you use the old shims with your new pair... did you go double shim?

1 hour ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Hey OldCY! Just curious, why'd you use the old shims with your new pair... did you go double shim?

I had the same powerfoot and shim so I just transferred the shim into my new Supremes.  I use the adhesive for the shim but not the powerfoot itself.  Hope that makes sense...

35 minutes ago, OldCY said:

I had the same powerfoot and shim so I just transferred the shim into my new Supremes.  I use the adhesive for the shim but not the powerfoot itself.  Hope that makes sense...

LOL - I thought you meant adding the shim to a new pair of POWERFOOT inserts... Clearly you meant a new pair of skates. Looks like I need to sit out a few shifts to regain my focus haha. 

• Like 1

Quick update: been using my inserts for about 5 skates now.  Added the shim a bit later since I am in a JR skate (thanks Mike for sending those along).  I was skeptical to be honest, but they definitely help my foot stay more relaxed and neutral.  I've noticed reduced aches and pains in my feet both while on the ice and immediately after.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krisdrum said:

Quick update: been using my inserts for about 5 skates now.  Added the shim a bit later since I am in a JR skate (thanks Mike for sending those along).  I was skeptical to be honest, but they definitely help my foot stay more relaxed and neutral.  I've noticed reduced aches and pains in my feet both while on the ice and immediately after.  

Great to hear I was actually going to reach out for feedback but you beat me to it! Thanks for posting and good luck out there!

I ordered some of these today. It will be a while before I'm able to try them but I'm convinced that they will work great from all the feedback.

I am curious. Are these similar to the Toe Glove that was in the Kor Shift 2 skates?

• Like 1

Just got these, and they seem pretty great. I just got a pair of speedplates as well and the combination of the two has really changed how my skates feel. One funny thing, i think i over tightened the laces by the toebox, and although it felt fine during the game, I had a few hotspots the next day on the sides of my feet..  The padding seemed  to allow me to crank the front of the skate tighter without causing any pain. The comfort over the toes was awesome, and my foot felt more snug in the front of the boot. I had to play around with the position a few times to get the insert placed just right, but it was immediately obvious when it was right. I used some scotch tape to hold it in place during my first skate, and I am not even sure if I need to stick them in permanently. We will see.

Anyways, a surprisingly effective little add on.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 7:16 PM, specs78 said:

Just got these, and they seem pretty great. I just got a pair of speedplates as well and the combination of the two has really changed how my skates feel. One funny thing, i think i over tightened the laces by the toebox, and although it felt fine during the game, I had a few hotspots the next day on the sides of my feet..  The padding seemed  to allow me to crank the front of the skate tighter without causing any pain. The comfort over the toes was awesome, and my foot felt more snug in the front of the boot. I had to play around with the position a few times to get the insert placed just right, but it was immediately obvious when it was right. I used some scotch tape to hold it in place during my first skate, and I am not even sure if I need to stick them in permanently. We will see.

Anyways, a surprisingly effective little add on.

Thanks for posting and glad you're liking them. Ya, they work stuck or unstuck in the toe box so you'll be good either way! 

On 7/28/2016 at 5:56 PM, A2rhino said:

I ordered some of these today. It will be a while before I'm able to try them but I'm convinced that they will work great from all the feedback.

I am curious. Are these similar to the Toe Glove that was in the Kor Shift 2 skates?

Hey, thanks for the support and we look forward to hearing what you think! I know Rob answered you in an email but I wanted to post the answer to your question hear as well, in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

"The technologies appear similar, but, in essence, are not the same.

The Toe Glove Technology is essentially a neoprene liner on the inside of the toe cap that eliminates dead space.  In doing so, there is less room for the toes to move and added protective properties in case of impact.  

The difference with the POWERFOOT is that the insert is actually larger than the dead space in the toe box, therefore limiting movement of the toes altogether.  There inserts actually push on the toes and hold them down.  And this pressure is applied comfortably (i.e., no numbing) which is achieved through a patented “2-foam layer” technology that provides a performance-enhancing “moulded”, yet comfortable fit."

Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks again for the quick reply to my email and for posting this. I hope it helps those who may have had the same thought or question. I just sent your link to a friend of mine who's 8 year old is showing great potential of becoming something amazing. I'm curious to see what his skating coach will think of these.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2016 at 10:08 PM, A2rhino said:

Thanks again for the quick reply to my email and for posting this. I hope it helps those who may have had the same thought or question. I just sent your link to a friend of mine who's 8 year old is showing great potential of becoming something amazing. I'm curious to see what his skating coach will think of these.

That's Awesome! Thanks! The great bonus with younger skaters is their skates tend to be a bit on the big side when they first by them [room to grow into]. The POWERFOOT will actually make them feel fitted from day one and because they don't affect the length and width of the Skate they can grow into them and continue to get all the benefits from the POWERFOOT.

Thanks again for spreading the word, it's HUGE for a company like ours. 

Cheers!

• Like 1