Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

So, a relatively new product and concept with a very small sampling size to date. Waiting to hear from some who have used the insert and felt no difference, or did not care for it.

Hey Bolt ... Not a dumb question at all. The JR/SR only represents the size [not age], that being said you're real close. Technically right on the line [JR goes from Y13 to 5.5]. I would lean towards the SR as you can modify it down if you really had too. Also the brand of skate comes in to play as well. The great thing is we look at your skate size and brand when you place an order so we can make sure we suggest the best options for you.

Also, keep in mind the POWERFOOT comes with a satisfaction guarantee, if the initial POWERFOOT sent doesn't fit the toebox [see what I did there! lol] we’ll make sure we get you the right size.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your interest in the POWERFOOT!

Great, thanks. I went with the SR so we'll see how it goes! Eager to report back!

• Like 1

So, a relatively new product and concept with a very small sampling size to date. Waiting to hear from some who have used the insert and felt no difference, or did not care for it.

Just got mine and have skated on them twice. I have the small ones for the Mako ii's and I absolutely love them. They fill in the only bit of negative space in the entire skate and do so in a nice, cushioned manner.

Maybe someone else will hate them, but I can't think of a reason why filling in the dead space above your toes could ever be a negative.

• Like 1

Just got mine and have skated on them twice. I have the small ones for the Mako ii's and I absolutely love them. They fill in the only bit of negative space in the entire skate and do so in a nice, cushioned manner.

Maybe someone else will hate them, but I can't think of a reason why filling in the dead space above your toes could ever be a negative.

That's awesome, great feedback! let me know if I can post that to our social media feeds.

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

Hey Mojo, makes sense to me. However, if sized correctly, players will always feel the difference as it's a foam insert/support in an area of the skate that's never had anything there. Whether they like the difference or not that’s a different story, nothing works for everyone. We've had players that prefer the space, others already wear their skates really small so they already achieve the goal of keep the toes in check [by crunching them in the front of the toe box]. Others take a few skates to get used to it while others opt out.

I mention in my signature that it took me 2 months to try it... I'm not exaggerating. In fact, I really thought it was a dumb idea the first time I heard about it. I had never in my 28+ years of playing the game paid attention to my toes except when they froze playing outdoors. Then I tried them…

I agree we’ve had a small sample size to date but the results have been extremely positive and for the benefits mentioned in the posts above, worth a shot or a skate ;)

That's awesome, great feedback! let me know if I can post that to our social media feeds.

Knock yourself out.

For the record, this is exactly the type of thing I came to this site in search of. Small, (relatively) inexpensive modifications to equipment that make a noticeable difference on the ice. With all due respect to the powerfoot, this could have easily been a DIY-type project, but for less than $20 US, it's just not worth my time to try and re-invent.

• Like 1

Hey Mojo, makes sense to me. However, if sized correctly, players will always feel the difference as it's a foam insert/support in an area of the skate that's never had anything there. Whether they like the difference or not thats a different story, nothing works for everyone. We've had players that prefer the space, others already wear their skates really small so they already achieve the goal of keep the toes in check [by crunching them in the front of the toe box]. Others take a few skates to get used to it while others opt out.

I mention in my signature that it took me 2 months to try it... I'm not exaggerating. In fact, I really thought it was a dumb idea the first time I heard about it. I had never in my 28+ years of playing the game paid attention to my toes except when they froze playing outdoors. Then I tried them

I agree weve had a small sample size to date but the results have been extremely positive and for the benefits mentioned in the posts above, worth a shot or a skate ;)

I appreciate the honest response. While there are several skates out there that when sized right do a good job of eliminating negative space, there are others that do not. Still debating giving it a try, but certainly following with great interest.
  • Like 1

I've got some coming as well, I know I curl my toes up sometimes which causes some foot pain, looking forward to trying these out.

Nice, welcome to team POWERFOOT! I'm interested to hear your feedback and to see if it relieves the pain you're describing.

I went with the Junior size for my Bauer 5.5's since that was what the site said as far as sizing. They should be arriving anytime soon and will test it out once they come in. Hopefully they're not too small.

• Like 1

I went with the Junior size for my Bauer 5.5's since that was what the site said as far as sizing. They should be arriving anytime soon and will test it out once they come in. Hopefully they're not too small.

I did as well. Same size in Bauer's. I'm hoping the same!

• Like 1

Just got them in the mail but don't skate until Wed. night. It feels good so far. My feet must not be the same size because my right foot is not as snug as the left. Still feels good though. I'll try them out on Wednesday and see if it makes any difference. I don't know for sure since I don't have a Senior size Powerfoot in my hands, but the Junior sized one seems to fit just fine in my 5.5 Vapors.

• Like 1

I did as well. Same size in Bauer's. I'm hoping the same!

Just got them in the mail but don't skate until Wed. night. It feels good so far. My feet must not be the same size because my right foot is not as snug as the left. Still feels good though. I'll try them out on Wednesday and see if it makes any difference. I don't know for sure since I don't have a Senior size Powerfoot in my hands, but the Junior sized one seems to fit just fine in my 5.5 Vapors.

Hey Guys, Ya Rob and I dicussed this today and he would lean towards the JR's. He's the founder / inventer so you'll be good. Good thing he handles the order details ;)

Sorry for the confusion boys. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 2

Just ordered some for my old Bauers. Can't wait to get them but as I'm in Australia I'll have to wait a week or so until they arrive.

I presume it's not a great idea to use them for the first time in a game, rather try them in a training or casual skate?

• Like 1

Got mine last night but won't be able to use until tomorrow. Very excited. Just trying them on I was impressed. Anxious for tomorrow...

Nice!,let us know how it goes! Welcome to a whole new level of support and comfort :)

Just ordered some for my old Bauers. Can't wait to get them but as I'm in Australia I'll have to wait a week or so until they arrive.

I presume it's not a great idea to use them for the first time in a game, rather try them in a training or casual skate?

Man, Australia's hockey movement is on the rise, nice to see! It's up to you!! We've had players take them out in tryouts for the first time lol, I would say get them in your skates [without sticking them] at home [off ice] and see what you think. If you like the feel, go for it. Let us know how it goes!

Welcome to Team POWERFOOT!

I also want to say that the support from this Forum is phenomenal, thanks a lot boys!

I've had them for a couple of weeks now and like them. I don't curl my toes anymore and they stay warmer. The important part is that my stride feels noticeably stronger. The only concern I have is they aren't really removeable so hopefully they don't get stinky.

• Like 1

I recently popped into a friend's store, and he had a pair of the new bauer x500 LE skates in my size..so i thought id try them on for sh*ts and giggles.

They fit my foot really well, but damn the toe cap is huge in terms of its height...i was like if i ever got bauers i'd defo put the powerfeet inserts in! I also noticed how much more natural it is having the powerfoot insert in vs a skate without!

• Like 1

I've had them for a couple of weeks now and like them. I don't curl my toes anymore and they stay warmer. The important part is that my stride feels noticeably stronger. The only concern I have is they aren't really removeable so hopefully they don't get stinky.

Hey Damack, Great to hear you're feeling the benefits of the POWERFOOT. Just to touch on your concern regarding the “stink” factor and not being able to remove them etc. If you make sure you pull the tongue back to ensure that air can flow to the toe they will dry out nicely. You should also be changing them every 100 session or every year, this will ensure they don’t lose their density and will also control potential “stink” issues. I also recently had a Major Junior player get a new Pair and he pulled out his old ones to show me they were still in from last year… I held it to check out how well it had held up and there was no noticeable smell. That being said, I was in a hockey dressing room after practice, so…

There is also the option of not sticking them in [a little late for this pair but maybe an option for the next]. A lot of our pro and high level players will do this as the have a lot of 2-a-days and wouldn’t be able to dry them in between sessions. I personally do this as well so I can take them out when a new player is interested in seeing the POWERFOOT. The downside will be that they won’t be exactly in the same place each time and there is a process to get them in there not to mention you have to remember them and that’s always a challenge for any piece of equipment J

The POWERFOOT will work whether it’s stuck or not and we leave the option up to you.

I recently popped into a friend's store, and he had a pair of the new bauer x500 LE skates in my size..so i thought id try them on for sh*ts and giggles.

They fit my foot really well, but damn the toe cap is huge in terms of its height...i was like if i ever got bauers i'd defo put the powerfeet inserts in! I also noticed how much more natural it is having the powerfoot insert in vs a skate without!

Ya, Bauer has the most space in the toe box in general and their latest models seem to be getting bigger... not that we're complaining :)

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

Used them today in a pair of Reebok 28K. They were fantastic. My toes were snug and made my skates feel better overall. I chose not to stick them in either and they stayed put with no problems. Thanks to Mike and Rob for their wonderful customer service and input.

• Like 1

Used them today in a pair of Reebok 28K. They were fantastic. My toes were snug and made my skates feel better overall. I chose not to stick them in either and they stayed put with no problems. Thanks to Mike and Rob for their wonderful customer service and input.

That's awesome! It's our pleasure and thank you for the support and feedback!

Converted a handful of my buds and use them myself in my VH skates. Nothing but good feedback and adoration. (I even snuck a pair in my combat and parkour boots and they work so well!)

• Like 1

Converted a handful of my buds and use them myself in my VH skates. Nothing but good feedback and adoration. (I even snuck a pair in my combat and parkour boots and they work so well!)

This is Awesome! Also looks like you can see into the future ;)

How about this for customer service. I will give a full description in the next few weeks...

Hi Rob,

Congrats on your POWERFOOT purchase!

Just to let you know, your order shipped today. You should be receiving your inserts within the next 5-8 business days.

You mentioned on your order that you’re wearing Bauer skates which typically have a higher profile toe cap than most other skates (e.g., CCM/Reebok, Easton, Graf) which means you will likely have to add the extra 1/8” shims (included in your package) to your inserts. Though, whether to add the shims or not will ultimately depend on the size of your toes and how tight you like your skates.

I’ve also added an extra set of 1/16” shims (no charge) in case you need even more thickness to your inserts which can sometimes happen when your skate size is 10+.

When you get your inserts, what I suggest you do is try one skate with the insert only and the other skate with the insert and the 1/8” shim. Be sure not to remove the adhesive strips from either the insert or the shim until you know which one fits best! After lacing up your skates, you should be able to tell within 1-2 minutes which one is right for you.

If both skates are still too loose, add the 1/16” shim to the skate with the 1/8” shim to give you even more thickness and a tighter fit.

If you do have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to drop me an email or visit our website at www.adrenalinedesign.ca where you’ll find all kinds of info to help you out (e.g., instructional videos, FAQs, etc.).

BTW, if you do like your inserts, please tell your teammates about them! We’re a small company and rely heavily on word-of-mouth.

Have a great day!

Robert Bourque

ADRENALINE DESIGN INC.

1771 de l’Église

Montréal, Québec H4E 1G7

TEL: (514) 674-0717 | FAX: (514) 504-4248 | CELL: (514) 826-5831

www.adrenalinedesign.ca

• Like 3