Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

These guys are good. Really happy I did business with them. I told friends about them half way through my first skate with them...

That's great to hear! Word of mouth is everything to us. Have a great weekend and thanks again for the support!

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk
  • Like 1

Got mine after I read about them here and used them last night. Definitely a good product, love how it removes the negative space that I have in my larger 1x toe box. Big fan! Also, Rob is super nice and cares about his product.

• Like 3

I have them in but am a little wary about just how "snug" that they should be to be optimal. I have 10.5 EEE Bauers (customs) and have all three of the available shims in. Just sitting in them, the feet can get a little numb in the toe area, but the ball (behind the big toe) is snug and doesn't have any vertical room. I should think this is the objective? I can still wiggle my toes just fine. Just right?

• Like 1

I have them in but am a little wary about just how "snug" that they should be to be optimal. I have 10.5 EEE Bauers (customs) and have all three of the available shims in. Just sitting in them, the feet can get a little numb in the toe area, but the ball (behind the big toe) is snug and doesn't have any vertical room. I should think this is the objective? I can still wiggle my toes just fine. Just right?

That might be on the tight side, you want to be able to move your toes up about 1/8 of an inch. I assume you haven’t skated in them, right? You’ll find they feel less snug when you're skating with them however, if there’s not enough circulation your toes will start to get cold/numb. If you can wiggle your toes 1/8 inch I say give them a skate and see how they feel. Or, play it safe take the second (thinnest shim) out for the first skate and if you feel you want more you have the option.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

** For those of you wondering where the second shim comes in, I’ll explain. Bauer skates have the biggest toe boxes and when you get over a size 10 they require an additional “second” shim to get some players the fit they’re looking for.

[A regular SR pack comes with the 2x POWERFOOT and 2x shim for customization. We'll send Bauer 10+ owners- 2x POWERFOOT, 2x reg shim and 2x extra shim ]

• Like 1

I have used the inserts w/o the shims in a 9.5 Vapor. The shim felt too snug for my liking. Every one will obviously have their own preference. I did notice a bit of loosening up when actually playing. Not enough to warrant the shims though. Again, to each his own.

• Like 1

Any feedback on goalies wearing these?

Yes, we've been getting some great feedback from goalies. As a goalie you’re not as focused on your stride, however your lateral push is crucial and if you can increase your power with the POWERFOOT that’s a good thing. Also, imagine as you go in and out of the butterfly and move around the crease that your toes are always planted on the bottom of your skate. The added stability and control will be huge. Pair all that with the fact they make your skates feel better and you can see why the goalies review have also been great.

Hope that helps.

I really have not noticed any night and day improvements with this product. I will admit that my skates are a lot more comfortable with no negative space. I have always skated barefoot because I felt like I could feel the ice better. So when I got new skates, I put these things in my toe box, I got the same feeling but this time wearing socks. Its like wearing running shoes when the tops of your toes have cushion. I wear with shims also too. I also purchased 3 of these inserts and gave them to my friends.

Great product.

• Like 1

Alright folks. I've skated with them 5 times since I posted last and it is very correct that what you might take as "too snug" while just testing them out at home becomes just right on the ice. It did in my case for sure. I used all three of the pads that were provided for my Bauer MX3's and they now feel just right. I use the thinnest sock that Bauer makes just because I hate the skank factor that goes along with skating barefoot. My 8 year old daughter is a figure skater and she's convinced that you cannot skate with socks on. How smelly could any 8 year old's skates get right?! Imagine a swamp full of corpses straight from the Walking Dead set and you'll be close. Whatever.

Performance claims would not be fair coming from me because I'm a 44 year old who has played for 30 years on and off. My best days are long since gone in terms of skating but it is definitely a more comfortable feel inside the boot and I think I feel a little less foot fatigue after an hour of chasing 20 somethings around the puck. For as little as they cost, these are a no brainer to try out. I have custom Bauers now which could not fit my feet any better but there is nothing to do up in the toe cap area beyond adding these. Once that is done, that is is good as it is ever going to get for your feet beyond staying home and watching hockey in front of the fire while sipping cognac. Do your feet a favor, go through your wife's coat pockets hanging in the closet because there is ALWAYS at least $30 bones in cash stuffed in those coats she hasn't worn in years.

• Like 1

I really have not noticed any night and day improvements with this product. I will admit that my skates are a lot more comfortable with no negative space. I have always skated barefoot because I felt like I could feel the ice better. So when I got new skates, I put these things in my toe box, I got the same feeling but this time wearing socks. Its like wearing running shoes when the tops of your toes have cushion. I wear with shims also too. I also purchased 3 of these inserts and gave them to my friends.

Great product.

Thanks for the feedback and additional support including passing them around! Huge for a company like ours, Cheers!

Alright folks. I've skated with them 5 times since I posted last and it is very correct that what you might take as "too snug" while just testing them out at home becomes just right on the ice. It did in my case for sure. I used all three of the pads that were provided for my Bauer MX3's and they now feel just right. I use the thinnest sock that Bauer makes just because I hate the skank factor that goes along with skating barefoot. My 8 year old daughter is a figure skater and she's convinced that you cannot skate with socks on. How smelly could any 8 year old's skates get right?! Imagine a swamp full of corpses straight from the Walking Dead set and you'll be close. Whatever.

Performance claims would not be fair coming from me because I'm a 44 year old who has played for 30 years on and off. My best days are long since gone in terms of skating but it is definitely a more comfortable feel inside the boot and I think I feel a little less foot fatigue after an hour of chasing 20 somethings around the puck. For as little as they cost, these are a no brainer to try out. I have custom Bauers now which could not fit my feet any better but there is nothing to do up in the toe cap area beyond adding these. Once that is done, that is is good as it is ever going to get for your feet beyond staying home and watching hockey in front of the fire while sipping cognac. Do your feet a favor, go through your wife's coat pockets hanging in the closet because there is ALWAYS at least $30 bones in cash stuffed in those coats she hasn't worn in years.

Great read! Lots of laugh in there and you make a valid point about the wife's coat pockets!! Let me know if we can post this up on a few of our feeds...

Thanks for sharing and for the endorsement!

Cheers

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

Thanks for the feedback and additional support including passing them around! Huge for a company like ours, Cheers!

Great read! Lots of laugh in there and you make a valid point about the wife's coat pockets!! Let me know if we can post this up on a few of our feeds...

Thanks for sharing and for the endorsement!

Cheers

Use away!

• Like 1

I've had these for three sessions now (two pick-ups and a beer league game) and have to say I'm sold! I put these in my MX3's at the same time as a pair of Speed Plates and holy smokes my skate does EXACTLY what my foot does. The comfort factor alone is worth that $30 IMO. This was the missing piece I needed on my quest to have the most responsive, comfortable skate I could come up with. Great product!

• Like 2

I've had these for three sessions now (two pick-ups and a beer league game) and have to say I'm sold! I put these in my MX3's at the same time as a pair of Speed Plates and holy smokes my skate does EXACTLY what my foot does. The comfort factor alone is worth that $30 IMO. This was the missing piece I needed on my quest to have the most responsive, comfortable skate I could come up with. Great product!

Awesome, welcome to team POWERFOOT! Great feedback, let me know if we can share!?

Still waiting on mine in the mail, all these reviews are making me excited!

It's been 2 weeks now so should get them this week(sucks living so far away lol).

We need to get someone selling them Down there!

How can I get a pair of SpeedPlates, without buying Vapor 1X or 1S or 1N skates? (assuming that your were able to accomplish this) Is it possible yet?

Just finished using them on the ice for the first time.

These are worth the price for comfort alone, my skates normally give me sore feet and with power foot the pain was greatly reduced.

Control was definitely improved as well.

Much better leverage to put them exactly where I wanted them.

I'm really glad I gave these a go, I'm definitely getting another pair for my inlines now.

For the small cost the better comfort alone makes these a very good purchase for anyone interested.

• Like 1

Just finished using them on the ice for the first time.

These are worth the price for comfort alone, my skates normally give me sore feet and with power foot the pain was greatly reduced.

Control was definitely improved as well.

Much better leverage to put them exactly where I wanted them.

I'm really glad I gave these a go, I'm definitely getting another pair for my inlines now.

For the small cost the better comfort alone makes these a very good purchase for anyone interested.

Awesome! Let me know if we can repost!!

• Like 1

All the positive feedback has convinced me to give these a shot. For $20 including tax and shipping, how could I not take the plunge? These things are so inexpensive that I didn't even have to grovel to the wife! :P

• Like 1

Just watched the video on the website, and am considering cancelling my order due to the appearance of those horrible Habs socks! :)

• Like 1

Received mine in the mail today and tried them while sitting on the couch. I'm size 9 Bauers without shims they felt comfortably snug and with shims they felt perhaps slightly over-snug for my liking but I note people's comments about them loosening up on the ice.

Got training tomorrow and am looking forward to giving them a go. Will try with the shims installed first I think. Hoping for big things!

• Like 1