Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Boston Bruins 2015-2016

The Montreal game was so frustrating. They played so well, with the exception of the few undisciplined penalties.

Seidenberg will help, but they still will need to add a top four D if they want to contend this year.

They need better play from Rask and the forwards as well.

Looks like they're coming around a bit. Their D still needs help, too many guys playing out of their comfort zones.

Assuming everyone else remains healthy, where would Pastrnak play when he returns? Since he'll have already had weeks up in the press box, I don't think he'll return there; and I think his potential is too valuable to send to the AHL, so I assume he takes someone's position.

I suspect one of the fourth liners gets relegated to the press box or even farmed out, then Pastrnak joins the Krejci line while whoever's struggling among the Connollyes, Hayeses or Vatranos will be pushed to the fourth line.

The B's have started to play above expectations. In fact, they're currently fourth in the league in net goal differential, so I started to wonder what trade they could make to elevate them to contender.

I finally realized they could package Connolly and Hayes for a carton of pucks. But only the ones that have logos on them......

I'm not sure I agree. They don't seem like the Sox, where two players (Bogaerts and Betts) might be a year or so away from stardom, and two more (Swihart and E-Rod) another year beyond that. The Bruns' youth doesn't seem as strong. I like Vetrano, and Spooner's playing better defensively, but Pastrnak appears like he's the only one who might turn into a star.

In other words, the veterans are carrying this team. I'd wait to see how they do against the Habs and the Caps in January. If the B's hold their own, I wouldn't call it turnaround complete, as much as they've become surprisingly competitive this year. In that case, I'd investigate how much it would cost to get someone better than a 35-year-old rent-a-player. If it's too much, I agree with you. But maybe there's an affordable trade that doesn't break up the core.

Pastrnak shipped to P-Bruins for conditioning stint. It will be interesting to see who becomes the odd man out when he comes back up.

I was talking up Vatrano to my brother Friday morning and he made me look like a genius against the Pens.

Pastrnak shipped to P-Bruins for conditioning stint. It will be interesting to see who becomes the odd man out when he comes back up.

I was talking up Vatrano to my brother Friday morning and he made me look like a genius against the Pens.

Wouldn't it be better to send him to the WJC instead of P-Bruins? That way he can play those games and then still do a stint with Providence afterwards.

The B's have started to play above expectations. In fact, they're currently fourth in the league in net goal differential, so I started to wonder what trade they could make to elevate them to contender.

I finally realized they could package Connolly and Hayes for a carton of pucks. But only the ones that have logos on them......

I don't mind Hayes, he is what he is. Connolly on the other hand is just brutal. Can't believe he went as high as he did in his draft class.

I'm tired of Marchand's dirty play. This year, he's shown he might be the most talented puck handler on the team, so I'm not buying that he has to play on the edge to stick in the NHL.

I think it is a case where he feels he has to play on the edge to get himself into the game. There was a bunch of stuff that went on in last night's game that could get a second look from the league offices.

Shenanigans aside, that was a fun game to watch and after Ottawa decided to go all NHL circa 1986 when the game was clearly decided I was really rooting for Beleskey and/or Hayes to finish off the hattrick(s).

Sucks we won't see Marchand in the Winter Classic... Krejci is out as well. It is going to be a tall order to beat the Habs without your best point producers. Still looking forward to the game.

Depends on which Habs team shows up as they're just starting to climb out of a funk. The B's might be wishing they didn't loan Pastrnak to the Czechs now.

No Krejci and Marchand kills their puck possession abilities. The lack of tape to tape passes really hurt. They should have been using closer support and short passes to exploit the Habs aggressive puck pursuit.

I think we can officially call Connelly a bust at this point.