Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colins

CCM JetSpeed Skates

Anyone skating in the new Jetspeeds yet? My son has just 2 hours on his, and when he went to put his skates away tonight he noticed one of the screws missing from the blade holder on one of the skates.

Someone forgot the lock-tight at the factory maybe? Weren't torqued down enough? Bringing them back to the shop tomorrow to get them to check it out.

He loves the skates BTW, just never saw a similar issue to this with his previous RBZ's. Two years on them, they're well done-in now but never an issue losing a screw from the holder.

Colin

Same thing happens on screws for goalie leg pads : never tightened enough on delivery. Always check those CCM skate screws.

Looking at picking up a pair. Is the sizing the same as the RBZ, or back to regular sizing? My current skates are CCM U+ Reloaded 6.5D, and my previous skates were Reebok 11K 6.5D.

When I tried the old RBZ's on I definitely would have been a size 6D which was weird.

Can agree with regular sizing, however I usually size up as a EE and went with the D width with no problem.

I have seen a few posts regarding CCM Jetspeed fit, but not much in the way of reviews. How are they?! Dying for a pair to replace some worn Vapors that hurt my feet, but waiting until Christmas.

-Jim

I've skated in them twice so far, coming from Nexus 8000's. First skate was a bit rough, very stiff around my arch area, but the second use was MUCH different. Pain I had in the arch area was gone. Still a bit stiff, but they are absolutely the perfect fit for me. Using Bauer Speed Plates in them as well, rather than the CCM Insoles.

EBondo, were you an EE in the Nexus 800 and a D in the Jetspeeds? Or just an EE in more "normal-width" skates (like a Vapor or Supreme)? I'm guessing the latter, that line of Nexus was quite wide in the forefoot.

EBondo, were you an EE in the Nexus 800 and a D in the Jetspeeds? Or just an EE in more "normal-width" skates (like a Vapor or Supreme)? I'm guessing the latter, that line of Nexus was quite wide in the forefoot.

I was a EE in normal width skates, yes. Nexus skates were a D width too.

Ebondo, How is depth comparing to nexus 8000?

Definitely not as deep as the 8000. Depth feels like a Supreme skate to me.

I tried the skates on and thought there was slightly more depth thru the turn of the boot (eyelets 4-7) from the top) than the Supreme series but the same for shape. I can actually wear the jetspeed where as the Supreme would be too shallow for me

I've skated in them twice so far, coming from Nexus 8000's. First skate was a bit rough, very stiff around my arch area, but the second use was MUCH different. Pain I had in the arch area was gone. Still a bit stiff, but they are absolutely the perfect fit for me. Using Bauer Speed Plates in them as well, rather than the CCM Insoles.

Where did you get the SpeedPlates? I was told that they were only available if you purchased 1X skates.

Where did you get the SpeedPlates? I was told that they were only available if you purchased 1X skates.

Bauer did a PK session with shop employees and every attendee got a set custom-fitted for them. Absolutely love them too.