Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rphockey53

Warrior QR1 stick

The QR1 is a continuation of the Widow/Covert line.

The HD1 is a continuation of the Dynasty/Dolomite line.

So the HD1 shouldn't have an impact on the Covert's pricing as it's still the top Covert. I heard some scuttlebutt about the next Covert being on the way, but I wouldn't expect that until next spring. Warrior's been dropping sticks in August/September lately and sending them to the NHL in February and March.

Ahhh Ok thanks bro... out of curiosity because you seem to be knowledgeable on warrior, whats the difference between the top end HD1/QR1 and the "pro" versions of each... might just try to save $60

I wouldn't expect the HD1 to effect the price of the QR1, they're different lines of Warrior gear. Like how Bauer has the Vapor line and Supreme line.

Thanks guys! I didn't realize they were from different lines :/ I might just have to suck it up and spend the extra $$$

If you haven't already pulled the trigger I saw some on Pro Stock Hockey. They have a lot of QR1's actually and I was just looking at the HD1 they have a little while ago. I buy a lot of stuff from these guys because they actually offer a warranty. Pro Stock sticks can break just as quickly as retail ones btw. Their durability can be compromised from a flaw in the manufacturing process just like every other stick.

http://www.prostockhockey.com/searchresults.html?search_query=QR1&Search=

I've been thinking about buying a pro stock QR1. The price is definitely right but I'm curious about performance. I haven't tried any of the new Warrior sticks and I'm a little skeptical. Any insight into the QR1 as far as good or bad experiences and performance on the ice?

I've been thinking about buying a pro stock QR1. The price is definitely right but I'm curious about performance. I haven't tried any of the new Warrior sticks and I'm a little skeptical. Any insight into the QR1 as far as good or bad experiences and performance on the ice?

I own a Pro Stock QR1, however it's not a true QR1 (be sure to read those stick codes on the underside of the shaft!). Mine is a G3LR which is a "Low fused shaft with modified QR features", where a 'true' QR1 has a T3LR code

Anyhow, my G3LR QR1 is not the favourite stick in my rack, but I don't really have any complaints about perceived performance or durability at this time. The taper on mine is noticeably thicker than the retail one, but as a centre I don't mind as my sticks take a fair bit of abuse.

You can find the Retail QR1 for the same price at some retailers now. a lot of people prefer the performance and extra durability of the QR Pro to the QR1. There are also those who like the extra length of the pro taking away the need of an extension for those who are taller (I think they make a QR1 tall, but in less curves. Don't quote me on this, as at 5'8" I don't really care lol).

As for preference of retail over pro stock, I know for me I prefer retail because I know I can just walk up to my LHS, and grab a twig I know will have relatively consistent properties in my preferred flex and curve that will be readily available.

As someone not familiar with the Warrior sticks of the last couple of years, which warrior line is the continuation of the 2012 DT1 (if any)? I had heard it was the QR1 from someone, but they didn't seem sure.

I know they went to the DT1 LT and DT1 ST (and I never quite got a straight answer on which stick was most similar to the old DT1) - but now I'm definitely unclear on where the lineups have gone.

Appreciate any input. Thanks guys!

it is the QR1 line you are looking for mac18. they have two lines, the QR1, son of DT1LT, and the HD1, son of AX1LT, being the flagship models at the top end of each line.

I just got an email, now the QR1's are buy 2 get 1 I think from them.

I received that email too. Nice to know that they're going to offer the bulk pricing on some of their sticks. Obviously sticks that are overstocked or not selling. I checked them out and their are some good sticks with some nice patterns. All left handed though. Hopefully they get some right handed sticks in there soon.

http://www.prostockhockey.com/player/#/?Category1=Hockey+Sticks&Category2=Player&search_return=all&Customfieldbulkpricingavailable=Yes