Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A2rhino

Warrior W16 Curve Karlsson

I haven't had a chance to see this in person and was curious what it was most similar to. I had been using the W4 Vanek for years and have now had to switch to the W12 Pavelski.

The description of the W16 sounds as if its basically a cross between the Vanek and the Pav. Being that it has a deep curve, slightly open and more of a square toe.

Or am I totally wrong and is it maybe more similar to the old W2 Lidstrom but not as open.

If you are familiar with all of these curves and have seen the new W16 in person please give me your thoughts and feedback.

A2rhino, do you shoot right or left? I'm interested in the Vanek curve and pretty sure that that's what I'd stock up on (if I could find it) because it's just what I'm looking for compared to the rest of all the available retail curves. That said, I've noticed the Base BC17 and thought it looks exactly like a Vanek, or very darn close if not actually a clone. It's only available as a lefty though, which would be good for me, but not necessarily for righties out there. I was thinking of writing them to see if they offer the Vanek/Darby or if the Edmondson is a left-only Darby, but I'm fully stashed on sticks and won't be buying any for a while so I'm waiting to use their time til when I might actually buy something.

Here's their graphical representation of that curve:

blade-bc17.jpg?t=1442270540720

Tavares pattern from ccm. I think it is a clone but they it is definitely based on the taveres

According to Warrior, it's a P38 Datsyuk clone.

A2rhino, do you shoot right or left? I'm interested in the Vanek curve and pretty sure that that's what I'd stock up on (if I could find it) because it's just what I'm looking for compared to the rest of all the available retail curves. That said, I've noticed the Base BC17 and thought it looks exactly like a Vanek, or very darn close if not actually a clone. It's only available as a lefty though, which would be good for me, but not necessarily for righties out there. I was thinking of writing them to see if they offer the Vanek/Darby or if the Edmondson is a left-only Darby, but I'm fully stashed on sticks and won't be buying any for a while so I'm waiting to use their time til when I might actually buy something.

It looks exactly the same, but the description is off: the Darby is not a long blade.

According to Warrior, it's a P38 Datsyuk clone.

It looks exactly the same, but the description is off: the Darby is not a long blade.

That's why it's a shame they don't include pictures of actual blades and something more concrete to base the length on, such as a heel to toe measurement in inches or cm. I'm anxious to see what it looks like.

If it is a clone of the P38 Dats. I'm out. That being said. where did you see or this?

Not familiar with the Tavares curve but will look into it for sure.

Like a few others here I'm always looking for more of the Vanek/Darby curves out there. I grabbed a grip of them from HM when they had the cheap quality Easton pro stock sticks in stock. I do shoot right so the Base stick would not work for me. Although the picture does look Vanekesk. However the description is another story.

On 9/26/2015 at 11:22 PM, flip12 said:

blade-bc17.jpg?t=1442270540720

I have old vanek/weight blades and BC17. They are identical.

It look pretty close. I am a righty and have transitioned to the W88 simply out of frustration. The transition was pretty easy and I now don't have a problem searching for my curve anymore.  

On 9/24/2016 at 7:07 PM, A2rhino said:

It look pretty close. I am a righty and have transitioned to the W88 simply out of frustration. The transition was pretty easy and I now don't have a problem searching for my curve anymore.  

If you don't mind 2 pieces, I have some P89 Bauer Tapered Composites I can sell. PM me if you're interested bud.