Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

Labeda Hockey

Looking at the wheel matrix and looking to better understand the factors.  I think I get durability and grip, seem pretty intuitive.  Seems to me these are opposites ends of a continuum.  More grip = less durability.  And vice versa.  So... what is max speed?  How was that defined and tested?  In my mind speed could have ALOT of factors, bearings, grips/hardness, etc.  Curious to know more. 

Speed and durability go hand in hand. To get more speed, you generally need to sacrifice grip by using a harder wheel. This isn't always the case, as the core in the Addiction creates flex, allowing the outer urethane to be a harder durometer, but still creating grip from the core itself.

Got it, thanks.  So I guess speed and grip are the two sides of the coin.  Not exactly the way I was thinking about it.  But I can see it now. 

You choose your wheel based how you want/need to balance grip vs. speed, durability is impacted depending on how you balance the other factors.  Obviously wheel construction plays a role, single pour vs. multi-pour designs to boost grip vs. speed in different conditions.

The girdles look pretty impressive to me. thinking about checking them out. In terms of breathability, is either girdle superior? seems from descriptions they have similar shell materials.

On May 25, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Stewie said:

The girdles look pretty impressive to me. thinking about checking them out. In terms of breathability, is either girdle superior? seems from descriptions they have similar shell materials.

Both girdles use the same material and equally ventilated.  Just a matter of preference: compression vs traditional

On 6/2/2016 at 5:32 PM, Justin 1933 said:

Both girdles use the same material and equally ventilated.  Just a matter of preference: compression vs traditional

Thanks for the response! i will be looking to pull the trigger on a pair here very soon, as far as the fit/protection, which would you consider closest to the RBZ 150, which is my current preferred girdle.

I know there has been some mention of the new gloves in the ice equipment forum, but i was wondering what their fit is similar to/characteristics of fit. seems a good value for price on them.