Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2015-16 Trade Season

Might as well get this started since we're only 60 days away.

Columbus trades Ryan Johansen to Nashvill for Seth Jones

Seems like a trade that could benefit both sides very well.

Tokarski's play slipped from where he was at the year he almost (ALMOST) got the Habs past the Rangers when Price got hurt. Condon outplayed him in Camp and won the job clean. Fucale has outplayed him in STJ this year, but I don't think Ticker is done. A change of scenery could kick start him again. He has been a winner everywhere he'e played (Mem Cup, WJC, Calder Cup).

What can you tell me about Friberg...??

What can you tell me about Friberg...??

Absolutely nothing, unfortunately. I haven't been following the Gulls anywhere near as closely as I had planned to.

It just seems odd to me that the Ducks would want another tendy in the mix. Gibson is an all star and both Andersen and Khudobin have shown that they can be very good. how do the Ducks benefit from this? Maybe they have a deal in the works to ship out Khudobin or Andersen?

I haven't been following the Gulls anywhere near as closely as I had planned to.

Same here, but that's not entirely our fault. I was down in SD about a month before the season started, decided I would go check out the arena they'd be playing in. Nothing. Not a damn thing there except a banner hanging off the side of the building. No store, no information, no offices, nothing. I think San Diego was blindsided a bit by that.

Most of these aren't what would normally be considered deadline type deals, the PHL-LA deal being the exception.

(from tsn.ca)

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired forward John Scott from the Arizona Coyotes and defenceman Victor Bartley from the Nashville Predators in a three team trade, according to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. The Preds sent Bartley to the Coyotes for defenceman Stefan Elliott, then Bartley and Scott were moved to Montreal for defenceman Jarred Tinordi and a minor leaguer.

Don't know who the minor leaguer is yet. Kinda left scratching my head at these moves.

[EDIT] Minor leaguer is Stefan Fournier

they should replace Scott with Domi!

#WhosTheGoonNow

Domi is not, and has never been anything even remotely close to being a goon. Unless you're suggesting Tie come out of retirement?

I actually feel bad for Scott. He gets screwed over because the NHL let the fans vote and they got trolled. The voting should be done by the players. Scott told fans to vote for other players, but he won. The NHL and his team asked him to step down, but he didn't want to, so the league orchestrated (supposedly) the trade. Now the guy won't get to play in the pros anymore. I doubt the Canadiens would bring him up. Even if the guy is a goon, it sucks that the league did that to him.

I don't feel all that bad for him, especially when you look at some of the things he has done to other guys over the course of his career. He couldn't step down due to league rules about suspending players that decline all star selections and there was always the chance to pocket an extra million bucks or so if his team won. For a guy that has never had a big contract, there is no shame in hoping to collect. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Montreal at some point, well after the all star game, as his size could come in handy down the stretch against some of the other teams in their division.

2 bad teams trading players that have performed badly.

Statistically, that may be the case. However, I have seen a number of goals scored because David's aggressive forecheck created turnovers.

Statistically, that may be the case. However, I have seen a number of goals scored because David's aggressive forecheck created turnovers.

Agreed. And I don't think either coach was clear in what role they wanted from him. Bouncing between 3 lines and no consistency make for a difficult environment to succeed. Hopefully both players get on track because they're both fun to watch. Just not so far this season.

The Jonathon Drouin/Tampa Bay situation seems to be at a boiling point. He was not listed on the roster for an AHL game in Toronto fueling speculation that a trade was to be announced soon. Then, it was reported that the Lightning have suspended him for no-showing, then this statement from his agent:

(from @TSNBobMcKenzie)

CZNCPzIWIAAeiET.jpg