Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

NHL Gamecenter Live is now NHL.TV

Got this in my email a little bit ago:

Dear Valued NHL GameCenter LIVE Subscriber,

The National Hockey League is rebranding NHL GameCenter LIVE as NHL.TV. NHL.TV is the way to watch LIVE hockey. The first LIVE streamed games will be February 2 (see full schedule). If you have any issues accessing a game, simply log in to the new Technical Support Forum on NHL.com. Technical support personnel are here to help during all live games. Social media support is now available. To reach technical support on Twitter, please follow @NHLTVSupport.

The NHL's LIVE and on-demand streaming experience will undergo a transition with the launch of NHL.TV after the 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star Game. We look forward to providing you with the best possible streaming experience.

NHL.TV requires you to log in on most devices in one of two ways either enter your email based username or your non-email based username. We strongly recommend logging in to NHL.TV with your email based username (example: nhlfan@nhl.com). Your current password will not change.

Attention Xbox and Roku users: When using these devices, NHL.TV currently requires subscribers to log in only with a valid email based username. If you need to determine the email based username associated with your account, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to NHL.com by clicking the profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the homepage - you will be redirected to your Profile Page

2. Verify your email based username in the Personal Information Section

3. To access NHL.TV, log in with your email based username. Your password will remain the same. You may also contact Customer Support at 800-559-2333(U.S.) and 1-412-386-2646 (Int'l)

New Features:

NHL® Official App current subscribers simply log in with your existing credentials and enjoy improved video performance, LIVE look-ins, highlights, stats and more

Introducing revolutionary 60fps (frames per second) live streaming video, available for supported connected devices as well as phones and tablets via the NHL Official App

High definition NHL.TV Media Player - a completely re-engineered and powered web experience, delivering up to 5 Mbps HD streaming quality through a responsive, in-page layout and redesigned features

NHL.TV Media Center - easy to use navigation connects you directly to the game you want

Updated Connected Device Functionality new milestone markers on supported connected devices let you watch the game in a whole new way (See Full List of Supported Devices)

Enhanced Technical Support - if you are having any issues accessing your game, simply log in to the new Technical Forum and technical support personnel will be there to help. Social media support will now be available as well for the remainder of the season. To reach technical support on Twitter, please follow @NHLTVSupport

Current 2015-2016 Features:

Watch either the home or away team's broadcast

Access games on a variety of supported devices

Full length and condensed replays

Follow the action from multiple games at once with Mosaic® view and picture in picture

Access to live stats and play by play from NHL GameCenter

Click here to see a full list of current features

If you have any questions or comments please send an email tocustomersupport@web.nhl.com

Sincerely,

NHL.TV

This makes me extremely happy. For those who didn't know, the folks that handle MLB.TV are taking over the streaming of NHL games. This is a good thing, because if you've used MLB.TV in the past you understand how much better it was than Gamecenter.

I'm excited especially for the new player, and especially for the 60fps streaming!

Howdy,

Now if they'd just end the absurd blackouts for local games, I'd sign up in a heartbeat. Until then, I'm bummed that the new system is apparently going to have better security.

Hopefully the NHL (and others) will wake up soon and realize that contracts with black out provisions that leave non-cable customers in the cold are a relic of the past.

Mark

I'm with you there. Luckily my #1 team isn't local. Unfortunately HNIC broadcasts are still usually blacked out where I am. Thankfully it's pretty easy to bypass the restrictions, but it's still a pain in the ass and I really shouldn't need to.

I can't wait for cable to die completely.

One of my teammates works for MLB and told me last week he saw the new layout, and it's going to be awesome.

If it's anything like the MLB.TV layout, I'm going to be very happy. This was actually one of the more exciting announcements that came out of the AppleTV release keynote last year.

It was my understanding that with the Gamecenter settlement last year that local games for your team would be made available. Tried to stream games last night and could get neither local games or regular non-NBC games to play properly.

Don't get why they are doing this mid-season. Total dick move in my opinion.

Not only a dick move but they have also left out some of the best bits that made NHL.com good. Like most of us, I don't have time to watch every game so really enjoyed the highlights package that used to be put together each night. Now this is gone to be replace by a substandard "Recap" package (just has the goals) or a click thru the goals. Myself, I enjoy just as much the play leading up to the goal let alone just watching someone swing a stick to score.

Come on NHL.TV, give us the highlights package back, around 5 - 6 minutes per game was pretty good - goals, hits, good plays.

Exactly what Vet88 said. Also, the NHL.com redesign is just a bad version of the KHL's stripped-down site. I don't care what cosmetic package they go with in the end, but it is annoying that the new format is in the trend of the new mobile-first-web-design-with-Microsoft-taste. I just wish they'd give us back the highlights that show more context, without the ***** muzak guitar track and matching presenter's voice. It's just a halfway-done Sportscenter rip-off that seems completely off the mark.

Yea not a fan of some of the glitches I've encountered so far, such as watching a game replay and having it start over from the pregame broadcast everytime it cuts to commercial or in a live game it skips every few seconds.Granted some of that may be the internet connection but I highly doubt it since it's been more than sufficient before. Kind of a bad move to change everything mid-season in my opinion especially since it seems they didn't work out all of the details and/ or quirks.

Howdy,

Now if they'd just end the absurd blackouts for local games, I'd sign up in a heartbeat. Until then, I'm bummed that the new system is apparently going to have better security.

Hopefully the NHL (and others) will wake up soon and realize that contracts with black out provisions that leave non-cable customers in the cold are a relic of the past.

Mark

Given their relationship with Comcast, I wouldn't count on that.

wasn't there a class action lawsuit going on about the blackouts? I think I saw something on Puckdaddy about that.

I had a rough time with Gamecenter last night, it kept skipping back every 4 or 5 minutes and showing like the last 20 seconds. Just decided to give up and will try again tonight and see what happens.

Anyone had any issues with their mobiles? I now can't watch any games live on my mobile since NHL.TV kicked in, the icon is blacked out (location services etc on, they know the mobile is outside the US etc etc). Working fine up till start of the week then since the change over nada, emailed customer support but still no response 4 days later.

Howdy,

So I signed up for the rest of the season, despite the blackout issues. Heck I pretty rarely am caught up on games anyway.

Can't say I'm very impressed with the quality. Seems much more choppy than stuff like Netflix or Amazon.

And I'm REALLY not impressed with the commercials I just watched. I can see it if its a live broadcast, but I'm watching a game from Feb 2nd!

Mark

I'm pretty happy with the quality. 1080p at 60fps looks fantastic to me. I hate that there are blackouts still but they're easy to bypass.

Howdy,

I'm not getting anything like 60fps. VERY choppy.

I'll try it again another day in case there's some intermittent network issue, but its pretty frustrating when there's no reason whatsoever that it couldn't just buffer more.

And the commercials might just put me over the edge and call to cancel. That's some bullshit right there. I'm not paying them to watch commercials.

Mark

Howdy,

Hmm. Seems a little smoother on an XBox w/their app. Maybe just media pc issues / browser (Chrome) issues / Flash / whatever? Dunno.

Appears it won't even try to play on my Chromebook.

Mark

I'm not liking the extended highlights change from gamecenter. 10-15 minute clips down to 3-5 minutes is a big drop off. If I'm not sitting down for a full game I'm not getting a lot of content from .tv other than a goals only highlight.

I'm not liking the extended highlights change from gamecenter. 10-15 minute clips down to 3-5 minutes is a big drop off. If I'm not sitting down for a full game I'm not getting a lot of content from .tv other than a goals only highlight.

A lot of people have complained about this. I'd never used the feature before (mapleleafs.com has their "game in 6" for any games I miss) but I can see why it would be annoying to not have it anymore. Hopefully they add that feature back in.

BTW I'm using the newest AppleTV for my NHL.TV watching, if that matters.

I wish they would get rid of black outs. I want to pay for the service, but its just not worth it. Being an Islanders fan living in Albany, NY we are just far enough where other teams mostly Buffalo get aired over the Islanders. If Buffalo and the Devils aren't playing usually the Islanders get aired. Its just very frustrating.

I am finding it a bit choppy so far, but I noticed that it uses a tonne of resources in Chrome when it is running. That might be part of the choppiness.

Howdy,

I think I'm blessed on this one because I'm a new subscriber. :-) I caught up on four or five games last night with the 6 minute recap and liked it. A little longer would have been good as well though. :-)

I am finding it a bit choppy so far, but I noticed that it uses a tonne of resources in Chrome when it is running. That might be part of the choppiness.

This is my guess. After I got the choppiness on my media pc running Chrome, I switched to the xbox one where its pretty smooth and looks good. You don't have the same level of controls though. I haven't tried ie/another browser though.

Mark

I also notice this morning that if I move my mouse away from the control bar in full screen, the control bar minimizes but then I can't get it back. I have to go grab the keyboard and press esc to get out.