Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

11 hours ago, jdksaves said:

Sorry, We currently will not have the P77/Coffey curve as an offering. We are always talking about other possible patterns. I will add this to the discussion as well.

I use the MC (or W88 in Warrior) so I am satisfied with TRUE presently, and checking the TH, IW and HM websites daily to pick up some A6.0 SBPs when they become available in the MC pattern.

If TRUE wants to add this to the discussion of potential patterns to bring back, I have only heard great things about the Warrior Gionta. I never got a chance to use it, but I think I would like it.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Well, since you're adding patterns to the discussion, I will add my broken record request for anyone to bring back the Iginla.

Haha, I knew that was coming. It Is an option as far as customs go.

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I use the MC (or W88 in Warrior) so I am satisfied with TRUE presently, and checking the TH, IW and HM websites daily to pick up some A6.0 SBPs when they become available in the MC pattern.

If TRUE wants to add this to the discussion of potential patterns to bring back, I have only heard great things about the Warrior Gionta. I never got a chance to use it, but I think I would like it.

SBP's should be to those dealers soon keep an eye out.

The Gionta pattern would be tough as it only had a track record of a few years and we have already tried multiple toe curves, but I can add it to the discussion.

57 minutes ago, jdksaves said:

The Gionta pattern would be tough as it only had a track record of a few years and we have already tried multiple toe curves, but I can add it to the discussion.

The Gionta (and Sherwood PP01 Smith) and Smyth are my two all time favourite curves, but they're definitely niche curves and were obviously discontinued for a reason. There definitely are a lot of toe curves out there, but all of them I can think of that are readily available are open toed curves (the Kreps style). It'd certainly be nice to have a toe curve that's more closed like the Gionta.

A current curve that feels similar to the old Smyth is the CCM P46, but there doesn't seem to be a clone of that one in the other companies. I have no idea how successful that curve is from a sales perspective though. It's obvious the most common curves are the P92 and P88 as everyone has clones of those and now the new "it" curve is the P28 Kreps style curve.

1 minute ago, althoma1 said:

The Gionta (and Sherwood PP01 Smith) and Smyth are my two all time favourite curves, but they're definitely niche curves and were obviously discontinued for a reason. There definitely are a lot of toe curves out there, but all of them I can think of that are readily available are open toed curves (the Kreps style). It'd certainly be nice to have a toe curve that's more closed like the Gionta.

A current curve that feels similar to the old Smyth is the CCM P46, but there doesn't seem to be a clone of that one in the other companies. I have no idea how successful that curve is from a sales perspective though. It's obvious the most common curves are the P92 and P88 as everyone has clones of those and now the new "it" curve is the P28 Kreps style curve.

It's always hard to say what curves will do well and which ones will not. as I said we are discussing other possibilities to have the new blade that may take off in any market. As I said I will add it to the discussion and we will see what comes of it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jdksaves said:

That version you had on the ZL stick was like someone reached into my dreams.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2016 at 2:39 PM, jdksaves said:

They are not exact, as we have redesigned a lot of aspects. With that being said, we have taken what we have learned over the many years and continue to incorporate what we think works best to have the best preforming sticks on the market

looks like I need to somehow get a True OPS to use, I loved the 52 Cal Reloaded, and if you guys have made it better then wow. Any retailers in Australia?

3 hours ago, fatwabbit said:

looks like I need to somehow get a True OPS to use, I loved the 52 Cal Reloaded, and if you guys have made it better then wow. Any retailers in Australia?

Would be a good options for you then. Our partner in Australia is Next Level Hockey so we should be getting some traction down there.

I realize that the Gionta is niche, and that there are already toe options. I also sense that  the youth will not like the Gionta, as they seem to like loft for ease of lifting. This old timer grew up on pretty much Iginla equivalents (I seem to recall everything being Iginla when I was a kid in the late 80s), so I learned to lift the puck pretty easily; almost too easily as I sometimes have to try to keep it down, even with the tame P88 (TRUE MC 88). Would be nice I suppose, if the Gionta were available for custom order on the SBP 6.0 blade side of things. I'd pay a little extra just to have a run at it. I loved the BASE P71 Malkin Pro for ripping hard wristers without any sort of focus on mechanics, it was just so hard to stickhandle with. I suspect that the Gionta would be the best of all worlds (admittedly, for my "unique" mechanics and preference).

28 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I realize that the Gionta is niche, and that there are already toe options. I also sense that  the youth will not like the Gionta, as they seem to like loft for ease of lifting. This old timer grew up on pretty much Iginla equivalents (I seem to recall everything being Iginla when I was a kid in the late 80s), so I learned to lift the puck pretty easily; almost too easily as I sometimes have to try to keep it down, even with the tame P88 (TRUE MC 88). Would be nice I suppose, if the Gionta were available for custom order on the SBP 6.0 blade side of things. I'd pay a little extra just to have a run at it. I loved the BASE P71 Malkin Pro for ripping hard wristers without any sort of focus on mechanics, it was just so hard to stickhandle with. I suspect that the Gionta would be the best of all worlds (admittedly, for my "unique" mechanics and preference).

You could do a custom Gionta pattern, but I am not sure that we would have that exact pattern in our database so may need a sample of it. The other thing would be that you would need to order 6 of them for custom. Let me know if you have any further questions about that process.

On 3/31/2016 at 10:02 AM, Machinehead2k5 said:

I loved the Gionta pattern!! With lack of Warrior continuing, I've gone to the e28/p28/tc3 equivalent.

It'd be our TC4 to get it exact for the E28 now

Just a quick question on the z palm gloves......looking at getting the xc9 but heard that you should get one size down from current gloves. I have 14" Bauer MX3's so should I get 13" xc9?

On 4/29/2016 at 9:01 AM, tcc said:

Just a quick question on the z palm gloves......looking at getting the xc9 but heard that you should get one size down from current gloves. I have 14" Bauer MX3's so should I get 13" xc9?

I may have already answered your question via email, but essentially what I link it to is that they do fit slightly large and are labeled 12, 13, 14, but actually run closer to 12.5, 13.5, 14.5. I usually wear a 14 in all other gloves and don't have an issue, but I could go to our 13" and be fine as well so it is a matter of preference and especially with the XC9 smaller would be better to utilize the anatomical fit.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2016 at 11:12 AM, jdksaves said:

It'd be our TC4 to get it exact for the E28 now

I currently have your TC3 curve... How much different is the TC3 from the TC4??

On 5/6/2016 at 2:02 PM, vsawchuk said:

I currently have your TC3 curve... How much different is the TC3 from the TC4??

The toe shape is slightly different (taller on the TC3) making it seem as the curve is different, but it is a very close comparison to actual curve, but look is only slightly different.

11 hours ago, jdksaves said:

The toe shape is slightly different (taller on the TC3) making it seem as the curve is different, but it is a very close comparison to actual curve, but look is only slightly different.

Is the TC4 a replacement to the TC3, or in addition to? Just so I know for the future. 

15 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Is the TC4 a replacement to the TC3, or in addition to? Just so I know for the future. 

TC4 replaced the TC3 in our stock offerings. Both are available for custom orders if wanted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdksaves said:

TC4 replaced the TC3 in our stock offerings. Both are available for custom orders if wanted.

Perfect, thanks!!

On 5/26/2016 at 11:16 AM, icewalker_bg said:

For those using the 5.2 SBP, from reading their website, my understanding is that with the SmartFlex Technology, stick does not get stiffer when cut, it that true?

It is True to an extent. The smart flex technology does allow you to cut it and does not change the flex of the measured flex. If you end up taking 6 or more inches off then it will still measure the same on the 3 point bend test, but the feel of the flex will be different. Anything under the 6 inches should not feel different.

• Like 1