Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimmyTheDriver

Just me or is the E28 curve amazing?

Any of you try the Easton E28 curve, and love it? I was given an Easton CX recently with the curve and took it out yesterday. Nearly instantly became my favorite curve of all time. I saw some other manufacturers with similar, but they all seem a bit different. Seems a shame, as this is a lovely little combo.

-Jim

I went from using my sherwood PP26 curve (E3/P92 equivilant) to a warrior W28 curve and I LOVE IT!

Passes are much easier to give with it. Puck stays flat, no knuckling of the puck if you try and give it too much oomph.

Shots are nice and high, perfect shoulder height if you lean over it.

I dont think i'll be moving to a different curve anytime soon.

Might pick up one of the new synergy GX's in a E28 to check out easton's original take on it. W28 is just a clone.

I went from using my sherwood PP26 curve (E3/P92 equivilant) to a warrior W28 curve and I LOVE IT!

Passes are much easier to give with it. Puck stays flat, no knuckling of the puck if you try and give it too much oomph.

Might pick up one of the new synergy GX's in a E28 to check out easton's original take on it. W28 is just a clone.

I am also interested in a GX. I got a Reckoner for XMAS, and it plays amazing, but I hate the curve. Would like to sell it for another E28 stick.

First time with the CX yesterday and I really liked it.

Went from the typical Crosby (mid) curve to the E/W28 and love it. Slappers suffer a little bit, but I honestly don't take many and the curve is much better for quick shots off the mid toe.

Only similar curve ive tried is the warrior kremlin. I couldnt keep shots below the 15th row. I am curious to try the e28 though

Only similar curve ive tried is the warrior kremlin. I couldnt keep shots below the 15th row. I am curious to try the e28 though

It does shoot high. I'd imagine it depends on what you are used to. Coming from the p92, its not bad. If anything, now I can't shoot with any sticks that don't open up in the toe.

It does shoot high. I'd imagine it depends on what you are used to. Coming from the p92, its not bad. If anything, now I can't shoot with any sticks that don't open up in the toe.

I know a couple guys on my team swear by toe curves. Ive been using a drury style curve for a while now. My shot mechanics just work with the open wedge, i never have control issues. But then easton went and discontinued it. Damn you easton !!

I used to use Bauer Toews, which I think is similar or the equivalent, and agree on the notion that it shoots high. Or I'm not very good. Or a combination of both.

I think if you already have a problem shooting high you shouldn't try it, but if you shoot low then go for it.

I know a couple guys on my team swear by toe curves. Ive been using a drury style curve for a while now. My shot mechanics just work with the open wedge, i never have control issues. But then easton went and discontinued it. Damn you easton !!

From your photo I thought you were in Van and I have 2 RH NN Easton Stealth RS in Drury for sale!

It has become my favorite curve. Snap shots are just filthy with this curve. Took a while to control the height/overall accuracy but practice makes perfect. Can't use any other curve and I'm begging CCM to make a clone of this curve. 

29 minutes ago, Lightning_Hockey said:

It has become my favorite curve. Snap shots are just filthy with this curve. Took a while to control the height/overall accuracy but practice makes perfect. Can't use any other curve and I'm begging CCM to make a clone of this curve. 

Well a week ago they kinda-sorta confirmed they are making one on twitter in an AskCCM session. I spend too much time on twitter evidently

7rl5Hjj.png

And to follow myself up again, if you look at the Sher-Wood 2016 catalogue that was posted, it says their PP28 pattern is equivalent to a P28 McDavid CCM pattern. So.. SherWood has some inside info? 

14 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

True is gonna have the TC4 available as a blade...

How much different is the TC4 versus the W238, E28 or TC3?  I've skated with the Warrior W28/Yakupov for years and bought a True in TC3 recently.  I would have said they were nearly identical with only really a subtle difference in the toe shape.  But I've heard a couple people say the TC4 is the match to the E28.

I have not been able to see the TC4 in person.  Finding True sticks is even harder for me to locate.  I live in the middel of nowhere (Hockey product wise) and when you do find a small proshop with True...fiding the right curve makes it even tougher.  We'll see what can be found in St. Louis in 2 weeks time.

Biggest issue I have is buying my son a new stick with the season basically over AND the rumormill is his team will not have a goalie next year as the 2 are moving on (1 relocation, 1 moving clubs) and not knowing how jumping to the neighboring club will fallout.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

How much different is the TC4 versus the W238, E28 or TC3?  I've skated with the Warrior W28/Yakupov for years and bought a True in TC3 recently.  I would have said they were nearly identical with only really a subtle difference in the toe shape.  But I've heard a couple people say the TC4 is the match to the E28.

I found the TC4 to be pretty much identical to E28, Y28, etc.  The TC3 curve is similar, but I'm pretty sure it has a different lie.  I had a hard time adjusting and would sometimes whiff on the puck when trying to make a pass.

A quick question for those who use this curve, is Bauer's p28 an actual lie 5 as listed? (I use the pm9 and just feel like trying this curve but before I do I have to know because im so used to it) also does anyone know the actual lie of Erik karlssons pro stock stick? I was thinking about picking one of those up and up on warriors blog they said "he uses a curve offered at retail, the w28" just wondering if that would indicate the same lie as well. The stick is listed on prostockhockey as a 5.5 lie on their scale that they've developed for their sticks and I just want to be sure before pulling the trigger- rambling over, thanks guys!

So we went to a road game and that city had LHS that carries Easton, CCM & Sherwood.  I was eager to look at Sherwoods PP28...many say all the 28s are the same, but the Bauer P28 seems slightly different.  So as much as they are the same...I think they are not (really typical).  I do like the way the PP14 looks, but its different than the P46 and I think the P14 as well...just slightly... (once again)