Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marka

Recommendations for videos on hockey positioning?

Howdy,

My son and I have started playing hockey and I would like to find some videos I could watch with him that explain the basic hockey positions.

Ideally they would describe the zones / areas each position should be in in various scenarios... So defensively & offensively certainly, but also related to where the puck is in the various zones and who has it.

Anyone seen some stuff that's really good?  Looking for basics at first, to provide a foundation to learn nuance from.

Thanks!

Mark

Howtohockey is really good, also watching the pros play and focusing in on one position the whole game helped me a lot 

17 hours ago, Caps06 said:

Howtohockey is really good, also watching the pros play and focusing in on one position the whole game helped me a lot 

agreed, following ONE guy is a great way to see positioning. its even easier to do at your local rink.  the camera follows the puck/action not the players.  go out early, or hang out after your next game and watch the upper tier players.   

On 5/2/2016 at 1:40 PM, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

agreed, following ONE guy is a great way to see positioning. its even easier to do at your local rink.  the camera follows the puck/action not the players.  go out early, or hang out after your next game and watch the upper tier players.   

that's exactly how I found positioning for almost every position, just focusing on one guy the whole game gives you the best idea IMO