Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Rink Pro Shop Vending Machines

I am interested in finding out if anyone here has pictures or used a vending machine stocked with tape, laces, etc. in their rink. How long has it been in your rink? Do you use it or just walk past it all the time? Thanks.

One of the older rinks in my area has a vending machine. Never used it though, but I always bring an extra set of laces and am not the type to forget tape either. Using a machine would really be a last resort, cause in many cases a teammate may have an emergency tape/laces/whatever

No pictures of it though, sorry! It's just a small mechanical counter top machine they put tape and laces in 

looks kinda like this:

2033424552vendcraft-snacktime-vending-ma

Our rink had a vending machine that was half snacks, half product purchased from us. It was used for a number of years, but wasn't stocked regularly enough (we had no control over it). Eventually the rink's food and beverage people decided to nix all of the vending machines (because they were not selling enough $4 bottles of soda to warrant having them). 

We are open until 45 minutes before the last game, so for us a dedicated machine never made much sense. I can see in busier rinks how it might, though.

5 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

I am interested in finding out if anyone here has pictures or used a vending machine stocked with tape, laces, etc. in their rink. How long has it been in your rink? Do you use it or just walk past it all the time? Thanks.

i can get you a picture by Saturday. The rink right by my house has one of these, as well as the second closest rink. neither has a pro-shop so they are go- to for people who get to the rink after the local pro shop/s by those rinks close. I always pass it up as I have stock of laces and tape etc from buying directly from howies, or from when I make the trip to Total.

This would be great. We are trying to get one for our rink when our Pro Shop is closed. We have done all the research but management has been the hardest to sell to, of course.

I've always wondered why these are not in every rink. Tape, laces, maybe socks maybe basic jocks and cups too? Sure someone usually has it in their bag but for the consistent mooches you can tell them to go to the vending machine. 

IIMG_1520.JPG_zpslk1xbpgv.jpegIMG_1522.JPG_zpswb2ulsrk.jpeg

Here's what we've got at the Cube in Ann Arbor, MI. We used to have two of them, but I think they got rid of one. Or moved it somewhere I never go. The rink's pro shop is a Perani's, so they must maintain it.

They've (its?) been here as long as I can remember and no, I've never had to use it. I'm pretty prepared evidently. 

WOW! thats one big honkin' machine!   thats some good recon @NiCnoK

@DarkStar50 i don't think you'd need one THIS big, but i DO think it would be good to have something at the IH, and think it would get plenty of use too.

Do you think putting your toe in the water now (spring season) is best, to show the true traffic it would get during the mad season? obviously, you'd be a better judge then me... i'm only in there one or two days a week, and most of that time i've get my head down, making sure my laces are tied.  

Jocks and mouthguards would be awesome to have in there. Also maybe some small packets of helmet/visor hardware. 

I think they're a great idea, especially for those rinks where the pro shop always seems to be closed. 

4 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

WOW! thats one big honkin' machine!   thats some good recon @NiCnoK

@DarkStar50 i don't think you'd need one THIS big, but i DO think it would be good to have something at the IH, and think it would get plenty of use too.

Do you think putting your toe in the water now (spring season) is best, to show the true traffic it would get during the mad season? obviously, you'd be a better judge then me... i'm only in there one or two days a week, and most of that time i've get my head down, making sure my laces are tied.  

Well it's easy to have good recon when the big ass machine is in the lockerroom hallway ;) it's definitely stocked by peranis as I think infinity is their store brand lace

3 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Jocks and mouthguards would be awesome to have in there. Also maybe some small packets of helmet/visor hardware. 

I think they're a great idea, especially for those rinks where the pro shop always seems to be closed. 

I would think jocks would be too bulky for one of these style machines but perhaps there's one with spacing enough to make it work

On April 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM, stevelknievel said:

For whatever it may be worth I have never seen anyone use that machine at the cube. Lol

I second that. Have never used it and have never seen anyone else use it. Maybe we're just all nice to our teammates there lol