Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I just ordered a pair of these for myself and am looking forward to trying them out in my Vapor X700's.  I got the skates a few months ago and skated in them maybe 6 or 7 times using the Bauer Speedplates.  I used to use a pair of Sole insoles in my old skates but found they took up too much volume in these skates so I switched to the Bauer Speedplates.  The speedplates gave me more volume and nice support but make me feel like I'm on my heels and leaning back too much (and sometimes I feel like there's too much volume with them).  I'm hoping the carbon pro hockey are that perfect in between for me.  I went with a D size (or medium according to Amazon) since I'm anywhere between an 8 in shoes/boots and a 9-10 in sneakers depending on the brand, and since my skates are a 7 I felt like going with an E might be too big.  I have 1 game tonight with the speedplates and then another this weekend where I'll test out these carbon pro's, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

5 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I just ordered a pair of these for myself and am looking forward to trying them out in my Vapor X700's.  I got the skates a few months ago and skated in them maybe 6 or 7 times using the Bauer Speedplates.  I used to use a pair of Sole insoles in my old skates but found they took up too much volume in these skates so I switched to the Bauer Speedplates.  The speedplates gave me more volume and nice support but make me feel like I'm on my heels and leaning back too much (and sometimes I feel like there's too much volume with them).  I'm hoping the carbon pro hockey are that perfect in between for me.  I went with a D size (or medium according to Amazon) since I'm anywhere between an 8 in shoes/boots and a 9-10 in sneakers depending on the brand, and since my skates are a 7 I felt like going with an E might be too big.  I have 1 game tonight with the speedplates and then another this weekend where I'll test out these carbon pro's, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I wear a size 7 CCM Jetspeed. The medium superfeet carbon pros fit well after a trim.  Its more about the way they fit your heel than the length though.

I've been skating with these for a month, and they're awesome. I notice a difference than the Yellow version and I also notice they take up a tiny bit more volume than the Yellow's.

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 1:29 PM, Shogun said:

I've been skating with these for a month, and they're awesome. I notice a difference than the Yellow version and I also notice they take up a tiny bit more volume than the Yellow's.

What type skates do you use if you don't mind asking?  I'm looking to replace my Bauer inserts on my NXG skates but don't want to reduce the volume too much.  I kept reading conflicting reports on which yellow vs carbon takes up more volume.

23 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

What type skates do you use if you don't mind asking?  I'm looking to replace my Bauer inserts on my NXG skates but don't want to reduce the volume too much.  I kept reading conflicting reports on which yellow vs carbon takes up more volume.

I'm using Bauer X7.0 LE skates from 2011. I feel that the Carbon Pro Hockey Superfeet take up a bit more volume than the Yellow Superfeet. They feel different, though. I liked the Carbon Pro's better.

• Like 1

Digging up an older post. I purchased these for my 1x skates and my experience was the volume they occupy puts my foot in a weird location in the skate. On my left foot, the inner ankle and my flexor hallucis  area are incredibly pained by them. I also find that the height increase in the rear, coupled with my blade combination radius and skate/holder put me too far on my toes. This tends to effect stick handling at speed and quick acceleration. I think they are better than the factory Bauer footbeds (which are pretty much nonexistent) but at least for me, my skates, and the way I skate there doesn't seem to be harmony. Before anyone says anything, I did bake the skates again AFTER the new footbeds. I did not the first few times and my ankle was wrecked from not sitting in the pocket properly. Moving back to the factory footbeds I did not need to bake my skates again. Everything just fell back into place. 

1 hour ago, GoalForFun said:

Is there a trial program? Would love to try them out but don't want to spend $50 on something I might not end up liking.

There's a 90 day guarantee, I'm not certain the exact details but I think if you're not happy you can send them back.  You might want to check their website first to get the exact details though.  I'm going on about a month with mine and I love them.

• Like 1

Just now, xstartxtodayx said:

There's a 90 day guarantee, I'm not certain the exact details but I think if you're not happy you can send them back.  You might want to check their website first to get the exact details though.  I'm going on about a month with mine and I love them.

Even better if its 90 days. My box says 60 risk-free satisfaction guarantee though. 

5 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Even better if its 90 days. My box says 60 risk-free satisfaction guarantee though. 

60, 90, maybe I'm dyslexic haha, it's something like that, definitely should be long enough to get a feel for them.

18 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

I was looking on their website, doesn't say anything about baking them? So I guess you just plug and play?

This was already addressed in this thread. Don't bake them.

• Like 1

for what its worth, after a couple of months, I've found what works best for me is an yellow in my right skate and a carbon in my left skate.  Not sure why (perhaps my feet are two different sizes?), but with both carbons I'd get foot pain on the right and with both yellows, my left feels very sloppy and loose no matter what I do.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:48 AM, GoalForFun said:

Is there a trial program? Would love to try them out but don't want to spend $50 on something I might not end up liking.

On 10/10/2016 at 0:42 PM, Nicholas G said:

60 days. 

This is correct.  You just return them to your point of purchase.

First off, big fan of the SF Yellows and will look to upgrade to the Carbons soon. I have a simple question: could you bake these soles (or any other Superfeet models)? Any time I've put in new SFs, it's always been after I baked my skates. Just crossed my mind if that is the recommended way. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

First off, big fan of the SF Yellows and will look to upgrade to the Carbons soon. I have a simple question: could you bake these soles (or any other Superfeet models)? Any time I've put in new SFs, it's always been after I baked my skates. Just crossed my mind if that is the recommended way. Thanks.

You COULD, but I wouldnt.  Based on where the carbon is (and since the entire thing isnt carbon; the majority is plastic) , it seems like baking them would hinder the support. The strip of carbon is working like a beam for your arches, and if it even started to flex it would defeat its entire purpose.

I also think that the entire point of these is to get your arches to work for you and transferring power to the ice. It feels awkward at first, but you adjust and so do your arches. I think if you molded them, it would effect the original pitch and may not perform as intending

I imagine if you wanted the proper insole experience, see what your insurance covers and go orthopedic.  Never know, some insurances cover some random stuff.

Short answer, of course you can mold them, i just have no idea if itd be worth it on a $50 pair of insoles.

31 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I guess I should've went to their corporate website first haha. Thanks.

Hey man, i answered the question before going there too.  Im as well at fault, haha

I picked these up a few months ago coming from a few years using the old yellows. The heel is a bit higher but it feels pretty good.

Oddly, the LHS recommended I get the largest one (11?) while my skate is only an 8 so I had to do a lot of trimming up front but the larger heel felt more snug. This did get rid of some heel lift i've been getting in my Supremes.

I'd say they are about the same weight.  maybe a little lighter. 

I have a pair of used for 1 hour C's (Carbon) I could part with, I'm between sizes and thought I could use the smaller ones.  PM'me if interested.