Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psulion22

New Bauer sticks - 1S/1N/1X - easier to load?

The marketing for the 1S is claiming the new flex profile makes the stick easier to load.  The same thing for the 1X.

I have a 1N, and found it to be easier than the Nexus 8000.

But I broke it this week and am looking for a replacement.  While I did get good performance from the 1N, and it's probably the best stick I've used since the Nexus 1000, I fellt it still lacked velocity.  Accuracy was very good, just as they advertise.  But the puck didn't explode off the blade like it did on the 1000.

Has anyone used the 1S that can compare how easily it flexes and loads to a similar MX3?  Or a 1X to an APX2?  Since I have to buy a new stick, I want to explore the possibility of moving to either end of the flex spectrum to see increased velocity and pop (which is what Bauer suggests).  I had a problem flexing a 77 MX3 or APX, but with the advertised new flex profiles that may not be a problem anymore.  I did go to my LHS to feel them, and I was able to get more out of them than the APX I had at home, and almost as much from the 1S and 1X as i could from a leftover 8000 they had.  But they don't have the option to actually demo the sticks to check for sure.  I don't want to drop $300 to be a guinea pig.

Thanks!

I absolutely love my 1X's. Best stick I have used to date and I have used dozens of different high end sticks over the years. I have found a weird issue with them though. I have had 4 regular 1X's in 2 patterns and I loved the feel and balance of all of them. I have also had 2 1X LE's. I prefer the LE look, but for some reason the sticks actually feel different. They are a touch heavier and have a different puck feel. I would say that the regular 1X's feel crisper and a bit better balanced. I get a more precise feel with the original. I can't understand why this is. Do the black graphics weigh more? Has anyone else noticed this?

I have used all three. The 1s is more similar to the nxg to me. Which is a good thing. But that stick was bauers best supreme and they haven't matched it. Mx3 was junk. The 1s plays stiffer though then rated I found.. I usually use a 102 and went to a 95 was much better. The 1n was my go to stick from Its release date I had a 102 flex and was still butter to load and it did everything well. Not great, just well. I liked it in all situations. until the 1s came out but now I can't put it down and to me it shoots much better and harder. However it's not a faster loading stick. Both are two of bauers best sticks to date but still miss just a bit in overall. I guess it's difficult to make a stick perfect. 

I did not like the 1x at all. But more probably my style of shooting with slaps and snap shots with full power. 

Thanks.  this is good information.  If it plays stiffer than rated, I think it's going to be a problem for me.  I had to play with a backup stick last night.  I used both my True 5.2 and Ultra tacks.  Both sticks are garbage compared to the 1N.  I messed around with the sticks again in the shop.  I can flex the 1S about as much as the True.  It does rebound much harder though.  And it will have better puck feel for sure.  I think I'm just going to get the 1N since i know what I can get out of it, and try a 1S later down the road.  Thanks

They can make a perfect stick.  Just make the Nexus 1000 again.

On April 9, 2016 at 0:59 AM, Jason said:

I absolutely love my 1X's. Best stick I have used to date and I have used dozens of different high end sticks over the years. I have found a weird issue with them though. I have had 4 regular 1X's in 2 patterns and I loved the feel and balance of all of them. I have also had 2 1X LE's. I prefer the LE look, but for some reason the sticks actually feel different. They are a touch heavier and have a different puck feel. I would say that the regular 1X's feel crisper and a bit better balanced. I get a more precise feel with the original. I can't understand why this is. Do the black graphics weigh more? Has anyone else noticed this?

are they pro stock or retail? If they're pro stock it could be that the LE's are a team model

It's been so long I don't remember the nexus 1000. I think I was using the nxg then. I thought the 1000 didn't kick very hard from what I remember as at the time I was comparing to the G3 profile and felt it didn't live up to that where the 1n does kick hard 

9 hours ago, adam14 said:

are they pro stock or retail? If they're pro stock it could be that the LE's are a team model

adam14, they are all retail. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were pro stocks.

Sorry - I did not want to start an entire new topic on this question, and this may not be directly related to this specific topic here - but for anyone who has used myBauer before and has chosen the "tactile" grip option....does "tactile" mean the raised bumps? Like Patrick Kane's stick (shown on cover of sport illustrated March 2016) apologies I don't know how to post pix on here.  

On 4/9/2016 at 9:59 PM, Jason said:

I have never been a fan of sticks with elaborate paint jobs.  It adds weight,  deadens feel and they definitely don't feel as responsive.  Some companies just can't stop themselves with adding white or other colors.  Some companies feel they have to dress the stick up for the kids and others are hiding imperfections from the mold release.  Both are lousy excuses and hurt performance.

9 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Yes, it the same as Kane's stick.  Tactile is the small weave pattern that is slightly raised to create texture.  

Thanks for that Noodle!