Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weasel

Misaligned skate holders?

I just received some Easton Stealth 85s and the holder on one of the skates seems to be misaligned.  Doesn't seem severe but it is visible. How big of a problem is this? 

IMO, they were not manufactured correctly, i would bring/ship them back.  skates last you years, and you'd want them to as well. i know you're bummed out you don't get to use them right away, but you'd like to use them for years to come right?  if you REALLY want to use them asap, (and drop some more coin on new skates) bring them to you local shop and see what they can do.  (but i'd probably send them back)   

20 hours ago, weasel said:

I just received some Easton Stealth 85s and the holder on one of the skates seems to be misaligned.  Doesn't seem severe but it is visible. How big of a problem is this? 

Perfectly normal for Easton Skates, and others brand like Bauer seem to neglect this from what I have seen. 

Every Easton pair I have had, has had misaligned holders, I do not notice it one bit when skating.

Not sure how severe yours is and how anal you are about it, but if it bothers, as mentioned above I would return them. 

The skates are actually for my squirt age son who is playing in a competitive league . They are worse than the pic above. My son out grows a pair of skates every year. I've emailed pics to the online store that I purchased them from and haven't received a response in 4 days. I just don't want my son to learn some bad habits from skating with them. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll post them.