Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Jetspeed vs supreme 190

Any reason why you may pick one over the other?  I got a pair of each for awesome prices.  The jetspeed were even cheaper than the 190 cuz they were a demo.  Anyway, been using the jetspeed and really like them.  Haven't used the supreme and could get my money back before baking and sharpening.  The one thing I prefer on the supreme is the flexible tenon guard.  Not sure if it'll be a huge diff once out on the ice.  And oh, both fit my foot pretty well. Figured even if I tried the supreme and didn't like I could sell...or sell the jetspeed and almost break even.

The jetspeeds also have a flexible tendon guard. If you have the jetspeeds and they fit you well and you like them there's really no reason to switch. They might feel different, with the pitch of the boot and the holder and stuff, but I don't think you'll get any significant advantages with using one skate over the other, just go with whatever fits you best. Another thing to consider is some people have reported the steel getting loose in the edge holder over time. Bauer also has a patent on the edge runners so you can't get step steel or black edge runners for their holders, you're limited to whatever Bauer makes.

On 4/23/2016 at 11:10 PM, flyers10 said:

I can't really feel much of a difference in my skating with my Jetspeeds compared to when wore my MX3s, makos or MLX's.

I'm intrigued by the JetSpeeds. How high are they cut compared to the others you mentioned?

I really wanted the Jetspeeds but the guy couldnt find them in my size. So I ended up getting a pair of Supremes. I like them but Im still bummed I couldnt even try on the Jetspeeds to make sure Im buying what I really like.

On 4/23/2016 at 4:20 AM, mjpisat said:

Any reason why you may pick one over the other?  I got a pair of each for awesome prices.  

How did you find the length fit of both skates and the width of the heel? Are both skates the same size?

Ccm are 6 supreme 6.5

they fit about the same length wise.  The ccm have more volume throughout.  Both heel lock are pretty good.  I'd say ccm a little bit more locked in.

Having just switched from 190's to Jetspeeds (with LS Edge holders), the biggest differences I noticed are better heel lock and more volume (better for me) in the CCM's as well as a little more forward pitch on the Bauer 190's. I don't notice the pitch difference after about 3 skates on the Jetspeeds.

I also expect the Jetspeeds' liners will wear better near the top eyelet after seeing wear there in my 190's. Weight is almost identical between the two models.

I am also a half size smaller in Jetspeeds vs. 190's.